Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do think you are being over pessimistic. I expect you to say well if your optimistic what will happen. Carney said today the
Situation is well within the banking stress test carried out in 2014
Banks have more capital than they need.
Lots of capital a lot of liquidity, so well capitalised.
I hate to sound patronising but there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I guess it doesn't pay to be too pesimistic or optimistic really when not enough is known about what comes next. In a way now it is out of our hands and into possibly Theresa Mays I suspect. Essentially this is what she will have to make a decision on https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ion-if-it-wants-to-keep-its-finance-industry/

OK

1. Yes
2. No
3. The EU is not a totalitarian state, being neither a state nor totalitarian in nature

Wrong. It is the epitome of totalitarian. It exists to impose itself and it's laws on others. Its goal is to swallow all its members so that they are solely controlled by it.

BTW, are you and BeachLife one and the same? Just wondering why you were answering for them?

PS. There is no 'yes or no' answer to a why question.

Wrong. It is the epitome of totalitarian. It exists to impose itself and it's laws on others. Its goal is to swallow all its members so that they are solely controlled by it.

BTW, are you and BeachLife one and the same? Just wondering why you were answering for them?

You said you'd asked the question and complained no remainers would answer it, so I did. We are not conspiring against you :)

There's really no point getting into this, you keep re-defining words. Try living in North Korea for a bit and then tell me you're living in a totalitarian state

PS. never said there was old boy, merely pointed out it was a silly question because it relied on a false presumption, and gave an example of another one. Presumably there's no correct yes or no answer to whether you're still beating your wife either! If you prefer a 'why' example: Why do you want to live in North Korea?

Last edited:
Why? What has he done to you?

To me personally, Nothing! But to thousands of people like me, both Russian and other, he's been the biggest, most homophobic c***, in the world. Or do you think he's right on that front too?

Some of the strongest arguments I've read against the EU have been about the neo-liberal direction it is heading in - too much deregulation, privatization etc - certainly a worrying trend. Then I remember we are one of the most neo-liberal countries in the club and we're probably now set to go even further and faster.

Imagine my surprise to come here and find out it's actually the complete opposite and it's over-regulation I should be worried about! Bananas eh

You said you'd asked the question and complained no remainers would answer it, so I did. We are not conspiring against you :)

There's really no point getting into this, you keep re-defining words. Try living in North Korea for a bit and then tell me you're living in a totalitarian state

PS. never said there was old boy, merely pointed out it was a silly question because it relied on a false presumption,

Not a false presumption...the EU perfectly fit's the definition of totalitarianism. I'm just trying to find out why some people are willing to gloss over that obvious fact...what benefits could possibly override that?

and gave an example of another one. Presumably there's no correct yes or no answer to whether you're still beating your wife either!

I'm happily divorced and never lifted a finger to my wife. But for a wife beater of course there is a yes or no answer to your question. The way you're approaching it is from a 'no way to answer it without making one look bad' way. Which I have to presume is why you wont answer my question too.

If you prefer a 'why' example: Why do you want to live in North Korea?

I don't. Never have. Never said I did. Bizarre.

To me personally, Nothing! But to thousands of people like me, both Russian and other, he's been the biggest, most homophobic c***, in the world. Or do you think he's right on that front too?

A lot of western press, a. exaggerate, b. make stuff up. They're also making Russia out to be an aggressor while the US and NATO have been building up forces around their borders.
The only info that I've come across about him being homophobic have been from western mainstream media. I may be wrong about that but as yet that's the only source I've seen on it.

Not a false presumption...the EU perfectly fit's the definition of totalitarianism. I'm just trying to find out why some people are willing to gloss over that obvious fact...what benefits could possibly override that?

I'm happily divorced and never lifted a finger to my wife. But for a wife beater of course there is a yes or no answer to your question. The way you're approaching it is from a 'no way to answer it without making one look bad' way. Which I have to presume is why you wont answer my question too.

I don't. Never have. Never said I did. Bizarre.

No, it doesn't. I suspect this might be 'obvious' to you because you subscribe to a bizarre set of conspiracy theories in which the EU is a totalitarian state. Most people would not recognise it as such. The EU consists of a number of states with many different laws but in general most members have a free press, freedom of movement, democratic elections and free trade. Totalitarian states do not.

Again, I gave an example of a question based on a false presumption, which is impossible to answer unless you dismiss the presumption. I have answered it, I will answer again if you like I do not want to live in a totalitarian state.

Nobody wants to live in a totalitarian state. Never have. Never said they did. Bizarre. See how that works?

A lot of western press, a. exaggerate, b. make stuff up. They're also making Russia out to be an aggressor while the US and NATO have been building up forces around their borders.
The only info that I've come across about him being homophobic have been from western mainstream media. I may be wrong about that but as yet that's the only source I've seen on it.

Wilful ignorance of reality in favour of the propaganda of a mafia - run country.

Certainly agree but the majority of people don't make their own investment decisions (beyond agreeing to pay someone 1% to lose their money :)

True, I'm a bit blinkered by the flexibility of managing my SIPP for 10+ years.

• Informative
Reactions: JMI
Perspective.

Today the ftse250 is at 15,734.68 close
I didn't see anyone jumping
off buildings on February 11 th
when it went down to 15,178.80 close

No, it doesn't. I suspect this might be 'obvious' to you because you subscribe to a bizarre set of conspiracy theories in which the EU is a totalitarian state. Most people would not recognise it as such. The EU consists of a number of states with many different laws but in general most members have a free press, freedom of movement, democratic elections and free trade. Totalitarian states do not.

The EU, an unelected body, imposes laws on its members. The number of laws is increasing and will continue until all control is with them.
We know the way this is going because we have 40+ years of experience. Just because you don't recognise that doesn't stop it being factual.

Again, I gave an example of a question based on a false presumption, which is impossible to answer unless you dismiss the presumption. I have answered it, I will answer again if you like I do not want to live in a totalitarian state.

How can you sit there and say your question is impossible to answer???? There are 3 possible answers - I gave them without dismissing the presumption. Are you in denial about that?

Nobody wants to live in a totalitarian state. Never have. Never said they did. Bizarre. See how that works?

Then why would they vote remain?

The EU, an unelected body, imposes laws on its members. The number of laws is increasing and will continue until all control is with them.
We know the way this is going because we have 40+ years of experience. Just because you don't recognise that doesn't stop it being factual.

How can you sit there and say your question is impossible to answer???? There are 3 possible answers - I gave them without dismissing the presumption. Are you in denial about that?

Then why would they vote remain?

At best that would justify an argument that the EU may one day become a totalitarian state. It is not one now.
Just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

No, no denial. In answer to the question 'Have you stopped beating your wife', your third answer (the truthful one) dismissed the presumption that you had ever beaten your wife. You could only truthfully answer yes or no if the presumption was correct.

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that very few Remain voters believe the EU is a totalitarian state or likely to become one. In fact I think that's probably also true of Leave voters

Your reality seems to be taken from scanning newspaper headlines and the first 45 seconds of News at Ten.

You are presuming again.

Last edited:

I don't think I'm exadurating the laws that he passed, banning basically any descussion of anything to do with the LGBTQ+ community.

As for anything other than the 'western media' not reporting on this, Russian media isn't allowed to, it's against there law, and the majority of the non-western world agree with his view.

I don't care what people think personally, that's there right, but persecution is where I draw the line.

With 3 left in the leadership race, it will be interesting to see if Gove holds his nerve and stays in. If he does, it's likely to be him vs May as some of May's supporters can artificially prop him up to get rid of Leadsom. She's got so much spare support that she pretty much has her pick of opponent.

If Hillary gets elected ( fingers crossed ) it will certainly be a women's world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom