Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're after a new PC, better get in quick... Lenovo and Dell both put their UK prices up 10% today as a result of Brexit, and other manufacturers are expected to follow suit.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...hocolate-set-to-get-pricier-after-brexit-vote

Look on the bright side, Dell especially have been profiting more out the UK for many years with drastic pricing differences for our US counterparts......It could lead the way for a UK manufacturer to step up, provide quality machines and become that "known" brand of the masses while undercutting the big providers like Dell..........Not that id consider buying a dell anyway.

On the chocolate.........put it up as much as they like, hopefully it will help reduce the strain on the NHS from obesity related ailments in the UK .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Look on the bright side, Dell especially have been profiting more out the UK for many years with drastic pricing differences for our US counterparts......It could lead the way for a UK manufacturer to step up, provide quality machines and become that "known" brand of the masses while undercutting the big providers like Dell..........Not that id consider buying a dell anyway

PC parts are completely standard, and none of the core components are made by UK companies. Motherboards come from Taiwan and the Far East, HDDs from the US, processors are also from the US, etc.

All the UK PC brands do is get their screwdriver out and put all the imported parts together, then (if you're lucky) test the result before shipping it to the consumer.

PC parts are completely standard, and none of the core components are made by UK companies. Motherboards come from Taiwan and the Far East, HDDs from the US, processors are also from the US, etc.

All the UK PC brands do is get their screwdriver out and put all the imported parts together, then (if you're lucky) test the result before shipping it to the consumer.

Exactly the same as Dell and Lenovo does yet Id put money on the smaller UK builders still pumping them out at the same price because they have less overheads than a large cooperation that relies heavily on the pound. Regardless that one of them were planning on putting prices up before the referendum..before the pound decline. Low sterling is perfect to excuse to push the blame on things which they were considering doing anyway.

So where is the evidence of the public opinion you refer to ?

Polls have been proven wrong over and over when it actually mattered and reasonable numbers turned out to vote. Like in the last general election....wasn't Labour suppose to wipe the floor of the conservatives ? And then obviously the referendum......leave/remain.:rolleyes:

I suspect all these people who have been claimed to "changing their mind" are fictitious to a large degree, the only real difference being the leavers just getting on with it and letting the remainers complain about every article that hits main stream media which has any sign of brexit being a complete failure when we all knew it was going to get harder before it got better and it proves nothing.

Simon Jenkins a remainer now says he supports Brexit and if there was another referendum it would be 60% leave.

1500 people have completed a related survey for us this week. I can tell you that isn't what people are thinking.

Elaborate.

We asked "How did you vote?"
  • 34.4% Remain
  • 38.0% Leave
  • 20.4% Prefer not to say
  • 7.1% Didn't vote
Then we asked "How would you vote now if the referendum was held again today? Have you changed your mind?"
  • 37.8% Remain (+3.4%)
  • 37.0% Leave (-1%)
  • 20.7% Prefer not to say (+0.3%)
  • 4.5% Wouldn't vote (-2.6%)

We asked "How did you vote?"
  • 34.4% Remain
  • 38.0% Leave
  • 20.4% Prefer not to say
  • 7.1% Didn't vote
Then we asked "How would you vote now if the referendum was held again today? Have you changed your mind?"
  • 37.8% Remain (+3.4%)
  • 37.0% Leave (-1%)
  • 20.7% Prefer not to say (+0.3%)
  • 4.5% Wouldn't vote (-2.6%)
Thanks, it is interesting but means little, depending of course on who were asked could they vote more than once and did they see the second question before they seen the first. The prefer not to say is a bit suspicious.

/
At best that would justify an argument that the EU may one day become a totalitarian state. It is not one now.
Just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

That's rich coming from you.

No, no denial. In answer to the question 'Have you stopped beating your wife', your third answer (the truthful one) dismissed the presumption that you had ever beaten your wife. You could only truthfully answer yes or no if the presumption was correct.

The third answer doesn't dismiss the presumption...it corrects it, which isn't the same thing.

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that very few Remain voters believe the EU is a totalitarian state or likely to become one. In fact I think that's probably also true of Leave voters

You are presuming again.

I'm damn sure they don't...if they still voted remain if they did believe that then they would be certifiable.

I don't think I'm exadurating the laws that he passed, banning basically any descussion of anything to do with the LGBTQ+ community.

As for anything other than the 'western media' not reporting on this, Russian media isn't allowed to, it's against there law, and the majority of the non-western world agree with his view.

I don't care what people think personally, that's there right, but persecution is where I draw the line.

So, you hate Putin more than anyone else? So what you're saying is that you prefer the leaders of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and lots of other countries that have the death penalty for homosexual acts? Or do you not hate them as much because (without googling them) you don't know their names?

If Hillary gets elected ( fingers crossed ) it will certainly be a women's world.

Be careful what you wish for.... and this is just a fraction of what's out there.

BTW, I'm sure that Trump isn't much different. The truth is that whoever is put in front of us to decide should be our ruler, is having their strings pulled by the same people. They are only there to create the illusion of choice.

Pound sterling is in a miserable state, it has gone further down from $1.32$ to 1.28, remember it broke its all time low record in last 30 years after Brexit, now it is even more miserable , really really frustrated with Brexit and all the mess that follows it.

In the nearly 40 years the company I work for has existed, the x rate with the dollar has been as low as parity, and over $2 per £. It's an import-export business.

This isn't the end of the world.

If you're after a new PC, better get in quick... Lenovo and Dell both put their UK prices up 10% today as a result of Brexit, and other manufacturers are expected to follow suit.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...hocolate-set-to-get-pricier-after-brexit-vote

Quick everybody....panic!!!!!!!!!

This is just the start - as any fule kno, PC's are always getting more expensive - every year it costs more just to get the same. Like TV's - glad I bought one last year because the same one is nearly twice as much now!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom