Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard Life has blocked investors from withdrawing funds from their real estate fund... First such action since the 2008-2009 crisis.
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...e-shuts-property-fund-post-brexit-withdrawals

There is a suggestion that other similar funds will follow their lead, so if you're invested in that kind of asset you may want to cash out pronto before you're prevented from doing so.

Hahahahaha, how naive....anyone holding those try to cash out....I bet it takes you all of 0.00001 seconds.

And who do you think will be buying them?

Jeez!

Reactions: mat
Hahahahaha, how naive....anyone holding those try to cash out....I bet it takes you all of 0.00001 seconds.

And who do you think will be buying them?

Jeez!

They have specifically stated that they have suspended cashing out at present. Uncertainty is impacting everything from this to boosting the value of gold. It's a natural reaction to uncertain times.

Is it conceivable that big business could now deliberately chastise the people of the UK for voting to Brexit.

Is it conceivable that big business could now deliberately chastise the people of the UK for voting to Brexit.

'Big business' will do what it thinks will be most profitable. In general large corporations don't make decisions based on spite, barring empires controlled by egomaniacs

Big business will suffer of they do.

Big business acts like a wally, first up profits decline, shareholders react, the market reacts shares tumble. Next a smaller business steps up and takes a piece of your pie by not acting like said wally.

Look at Aldi and Lidl taking on the big 4, the 4 probably thought they were untouchable and could do as they please.

It's almost self regulating controlled by profits.

Now small and medium businesses and more employee focused maybe. Lots of companies appear to be using brexit as an excuse to slaughter staff.

They don't like uncertainty and behave in what they think is their own financial interest. We have made a decision that leaves them in limbo for now on various fronts and so a realignment may occur. In the short to medium term I think this will become more evident. In the long term though, as in say after 5 or 6 years who knows. There will be opportunities too I'm sure.. And beyond a point, it's out of our hands anyway so I shouldn't worry too much. 'As you as you have your health' as they say :).

Last edited:
Big business will suffer of they do.
Look at Aldi and Lidl taking on the big 4, the 4 probably thought they were untouchable and could do as they please.

You don't have to remind me about that, as a 'slave' to the 'big green' corporation, I'm feeling it the most. With the sales decline, they have cut hours, and expect twice as much work, it's killing me, both physically and financially :/

Now small and medium businesses and more employee focused maybe. Lots of companies appear to be using brexit as an excuse to slaughter staff.

The 'big green corporation' haven't mentioned Brexit yet, I think there waiting to see what happens, but I totally agree with the fact that sme's will have an uplift. This can only be a good thing, with more of the money staying in the UK.

They have specifically stated that they have suspended cashing out at present. Uncertainty is impacting everything from this to boosting the value of gold. It's a natural reaction to uncertain times.

Standard Life have...not all funds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is why I trust this guy more than 99% of western politicians...he doesn't talk like one. And he answers questions instead of trying to bamboozle.

This is why I trust this guy more than 99% of western politicians...he doesn't talk like one. And he answers questions instead of trying to bamboozle.

You managed to find the only man on the planet, that I hate more than Farage! But I agree, he tell's it like it is :/

He can say whatever he likes because he's the biggest mafia boss in the world and he doesn't have to worry about getting elected.

If our politicians told the truth they wouldn't have a hope of getting back in.

You do realise Russia is not a democracy?

You do realise the EU is not a democracy?

It's funny....I've asked 3 times if any remainers can explain why they want to live under a totalitarian state, and no one answered. Mention Russia and suddenly the comments start coming.

You do realise the EU is not a democracy?

Crap. The EIU Democracy index last published the UK as number 16 out of 167 countries ranked in order of democracy. The US on their index only just made it as a "full democracy". Russia was ranked number 132, as authoritarian, in between the Ivory Coast and Egypt. If you admire the Russian democracy over the EU's, feel free to move there.

I've always thought that for the majority of people, their biggest asset by far is probably their home.

Why on earth would investing in a property fund make sense when your wealth is already so biased towards property?

Diversify a bit, it's safer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom