Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HostMaria domain business livestreams - tonight 9PM

few of you have mentioned to me that you are curious about how @Ryan Ewen and his family members do outbound sales for their domain names. Especially, as this does work really well for the DIgital Candy UK and Dot UK Group.

For a change, we will try to have a structured livestream on this topic from the viewpoint of Ryan.

Time: Thursday, July 06th, 8PM UK time.

Helmuts

p.s. please don't miss your chance and grab your free or business tickets for the London Domain Summit. In-person business conventions are the proven best strategy for building deeper, more meaningful, and effective business relationships.

better get some beers in :)

forrest-gump-running.gif

See you in 6 hours (8PM)! Youtube link:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

----

Also, guys and ladies, I am looking towards doing much more of these and would gladly have you (yes, you) as my guest on some other stream :)

Enjoying the streams from Asia, especially when qualified people are taking part. I just wanted to ask in this video Helmuts asked….

What is your number one prized domain?

This stream:

It was around 1 hour and 13 minutes into the stream the subject was raised.

Ryan said "r.co.uk" was his best domain.

Checking the whois this domain appears to be registered to "Elife Limited".

Can Ryan confirm this statement please for the integrity of the stream and its contents.

Do you own this domain?

Enjoying the streams from Asia, especially when qualified people are taking part. I just wanted to ask in this video Helmuts asked….

What is your number one prized domain?

This stream:

It was around 1 hour and 13 minutes into the stream the subject was raised.

Ryan said "r.co.uk" was his best domain.

Checking the whois this domain appears to be registered to "Elife Limited".

Can Ryan confirm this statement please for the integrity of the stream and its contents.

Do you own this domain?

.. it seems this is a possession of the DOT UK GROUP (they have a structure of several companies if I understand it correctly).

BY9StqL.png

ref: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05333223/officers

I've had the pleasure to meet Mo (Mohammed) of the DOT UK GROUP of one of our dn meetups in London - what a man!!

.. the Trio will be on the stage at the Summit, and will introduce themselves to the public :)

.. this is where my understanding reaches its limits :) @Ryan Ewen will be able to correct me where necessary :)

The guys own an awesome portfolio!

Thanks, Ryan, can you confirm how much of r.co.uk you legally for total transparency? It appears Elife is a seperate company with seperate directors or is this incorrect?

Just to confirm the comment "we own r.co.uk+.uk" who is "we"?

When you say or.com do you mean oar.com as in
Hi,

yes we own r.co.uk+.uk - it is under ellife as Mo is a fellow owner of DOT UK GROUP and we used his tag as our nominet accreditation has only just been approved.

Our best domain is actually or dot com but i like r.co.uk as it is my initial

Do you think there could we confusion with oar.com?

oars

Rowers use oars (or blades) as a lever to propel the boat. Rowers use oars (or blades) as a lever to propel the boat. The riggers of a boat (metal outrigger) are situated at each seat in the boat and support a pivot (swivel and gate) to hold the oar out from the side of the boat.

Thanks for the reply.

So for clarity and confirmation for viewers of the live stream.

You legally own:

33% of r.co.uk
33% of or.com

Is that correct?

Do you own any domains 100% yourself or are all domains part of the dot uk group?

Just watched the live stream and wondered if one person could own such good domains thats all. I now understand there is a company behind it all. Its not interrogation just clarification. Should I not ask??

Really enjoyable stream, thanks!

PS. Don't send emails to people that opt out though. It's kind've the law....

Last edited:
Thank you @Ryan Ewen & @Helmuts! :)

Quick question @Ryan Ewen , which source do you find most useful/accurate for domain DOB? I have been using Hosterstats, Domain Tools Whois & Internet Archive?

Also, I think it may be useful to pop a few links somewhere to all the suggested websites mentioned in the livestream...? :p

Another question @Ryan Ewen please.

So there's a major discrepancy between the godaddy co_uk & uk appraisal. Are you just using the co_uk appraisal for the uk ? For instance:

invests co uk = 4625
invest uk = 568

Are you just using the co uk for the uk also, given its now a free for all ?

estibot's valuation of the domains:

.co.uk $11,000
.uk $2,100

Surely all automated valuations need to be taken with a massive pinch of salt?

I would tend to agree, and never tried it before. Watching the stream though, kinda makes sense in terms of it being a benchmark of relative value I guess.

estibot's valuation of the domains:

.co.uk $11,000
.uk $2,100

Surely all automated valuations need to be taken with a massive pinch of salt?

I do agree, I am pretty sure age comes into it A LOT. I have hand-registered single word dot coms (original 'DOBs' in the early 2000s), commercially viable/industry-threatening yet GoDaddy will give me a valuation of 'Less than $100'... o_O

Wow, amazing! Thank you @Ryan Ewen !!! :)

I think if you could incorporate the original DOB into the algorithm that would make the valuations a lot more accurate compared to GoDaddy's but that's just my gut!

@Ryan Ewen

I'm consistently ignoring the lot. Haha!

But that's only because I am confident in my understanding of the domains I am acquiring and their true value (each domain, I intend to build; to raise the point of how threatening the domain actually is within that given market)

Apart from the 'brandables' which I am prepared to sit on and hope marketing through the 'commercially viables' will drive inbound enquiries.

Any 'lift' to the market is massively positive, there's some absolutely criminal sales/steals going on!

It is certainly a good time to buy and things will lift at some point.

Outbounding.co.uk is great - you would be better putting a basic site on it with content and guides and then monetise once it has good google serps.

Also be careful launching 'clone base sites' with the same content while you develop as it gets clocked by google. I noticed yesterday on the uk page you had .tv domains and the site shares a common theme which is ok - just be careful when developing live rather than sorting offline and then launching

Thank you!!!

Yes, I noticed the .tvs needed relocating after commenting the other night!

I am avidly moving things around not to risk having duplicate content on any of the sites and am working on my written content.

Outbounding.co.uk is mine, more of a support to a strategy I have and a different/new way of 'domaining' (you're all going to think I am crazy).

Vitaldomains.com is more Ree's project (though some of mine are on there), the same with 'Dotcom Premiums'.

And then I have my own '.com' website which I will actively be marketing/promoting very soon. :p

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom