Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HostMaria domain business livestreams - tonight 9PM

Yes good show last night :)

https://dnmum.com/videos/75/ryan-even-and-monte-cahn-domain-talk-may-28-2023/

I do feel the need to correct a few things though:

.hiphop is not new

.hiphop has been around a very long time since general availability in 2014. UniRegistry later hiked the price at $100 per name and premiums were $300. Frank Schilling auctioned .hiphop off in April 2021 with a price tag of $250,000. UniRegistry was sold to Godaddy and UNR became Tucows Registry. Monte Cahn & Co formed Dot Hip Hop, LLC in January 2022. The price has now been reduced to $20 however premiums look to be auctioned off. After nearly a decade the TLD only has around 1.1k registrations and many registrars didn’t even carry it until recently due to price hikes with UniRegistry.

Auth codes at Nominet

Nominet has a project underway called EPP standardisation. Basically they are making .uk work like .com. At the registrar conference on 30th March they presented their current thinking on a new inter-registrar transfer process (see slide 19). However many .uk registrars and portfolio owners like the fact they can consolidate names fairly easily without obtaining auth codes or adding a year. Nominet is now trying to find a balance with free transfers and a dispute process if you can’t obtain the auth code.

UK domain name association

Around a dozen of us tried to start a UK domain name association back in 2007-2008. However it failed miserably with lack of support and interest after the first AGM. It was however a very turbulent time at Nominet and many people stayed away from events.

The ICA was setup by Sedo in 2006 and Jeremiah and Kamila still run it today.

Last edited:
I know a man who has domainchat.com .. :)

Domain Chat makes perfect sense, Helmuts ;)

You could effectively rebrand both Acorn Domains and DNForum into the one powerhouse brand #DomainChat as it does what it says on the tin 'Domain Chat' and keeps everything uniform. Also, as i own both the .com / .co.uk; You could simply swap out DNF for DomainChat.com (and) Acorn for DomainChat.co.uk, simples!

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday all! And for those who have children (I have two girls aged 11 and 15) Good luck throughout the half term, haha!!

IMG-20230612-WA0025.jpg

ron-paul.gif

Attachments

• IMG-20230612-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20230612-WA0025.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 34
Everything looks great tonight :)

See you 9PM

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Sam, @BG, @LucyC would you like to join?

Last edited:
The next domain name livestream will on Monday, July 3rd, 10:30PM with Page Howe about the web3 domains.

There is a little change today: instead of web3 domains we will have "Dad, Daughter and Domains" with Page Howe and Julie.

Start: 9PM UK time

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Initially I thought it was going to be cringe but this was interesting. They dropped a real domain bombshell to be aware of.

Cant really see it myself, but just went and got tshirts , t-shirts and teeshirt for a fiver, so worth the risk.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom