Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HostMaria domain business livestreams - tonight 9PM

Tonight's guest: Angel investor and domain geek Braden Pollock (Los Angeles, USA)

The livestream will start 11PM UK time (the earliest we can start, otherwise we would need to wait for the next available time in 2-3 weeks time).

YouTube:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you heard of Braden before?

15% per month interest….

Doesn’t seem very “win win” to me.

Would be cheaper to get an actual business overdraft from an FCA regulated bank.

What happens when they default on payment and then file a DRS or UDRP?

Domain names are not property:
Nature of domain names and the register
7.1 A domain name is not an item of property and has no ‘owner’. As a result:
7.1.1 we will not be bound by, or record on the register, any mortgage-related
obligations;
7.1.2 we own and keep all copyright and database rights in the register.

Source: Nominet terms & conditions

Absolutely - go to your bank and they can secure it against your business and maybe your home

Correct because the loan (or mortgage) is secured against a property or company and is recorded at the land registry or companies house.

Just as Nominet has a mortgage listed here.

There is no such record at a domain name registry (Nominet or Versign) and the registrant at the time is the registered name holder. That registrant can be changed under a DRS or UDRP which is a huge risk to the lender / borrower.

Another great show, interesting business. Shows Ryan is not scared of a challenge and getting things done!

@Ryan Ewen is off to the Namescon tomorrow, and therefore we are moving the Monday's live stream to 8PM tonight :)

Have sent out a few invitations to some past live stream guests - will see who is available tonight :)

p.s. 5 minutes before the live stream and during the live stream the Acorn and DNF pop-ups will be activated :) .. will experiment with this. Please report any problems you experience with this - thank you.

Out of interest, why the name 'DNMum.com'? Not sure I understand the relevance of the word 'mum' unless I'm missing something.

The name 'TalkDN.com' that the chap offered you the other week would be far better.

Mum knows best.. mum will never give bad advice :)

dnmum.com initially was a long-shot side project > I was checking for short dn related domains in .com available for handreg > and after comparing what was available in the market, went for dnmum :)

---

TalkDN doesn't work, as everybody would rather use dnTalk. :)

I thought it was a play on GoDaddy, although still thought it was a weird choice.

Apart from “mum” in American English (USA) is “mom”

Even in the West Midlands they say “mom”

In Wales, Ireland, Scotland it’s “mam”

But you know best ;)

;) it is time to teach Americans the proper English ;)

giphy.gif

Another fantastic show, thank you all! :):D

I watched it once, then again later on in the night (quieter). Lots of food for thought and insights to take away...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom