Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had more enlightening arguments with toddlers

This from the guy who said "no it didn't" because he can't counter the facts I've put up there to be knocked down.

Says a lot that you 'argue' with toddlers...can you not give them a straight answer either?

Anyway, bedtime for me, I look forward to reading tomorrow where you've proven what I've said wrong. Night chaps.

This from the guy who said "no it didn't" because he can't counter the facts I've put up there to be knocked down.

Says a lot that you 'argue' with toddlers...can you not give them a straight answer either?

Anyway, bedtime for me, I look forward to reading tomorrow where you've proven what I've said wrong. Night chaps.

You stated some facts about the war (no argument there), then you leapt to saying that Germany had adopted a secret plan to take over the world by stealth (bullshit).

Your conspiracy theory on Jo Cox is really beyond the pale. You've stated that the elderly gentleman who came to her aid died years ago. This has been shown to be bullshit concocted by someone who discovered someone of the same name had died a few years ago - even the conspiracy theory sites have withdrawn it. I think this demonstrates your ability to discern fact from fiction.

You have attacked me personally at least 20 times. You have called me an idiot, an imbecile, a fool. You refuse to acknowledge any point that contradicts your own. You switch the subject from sovereignty to immigration to terrorism to whatever rabid nonsense the mail has printed whenever you run out of steam. Forgive me if I get a little exasperated at times.

It's going to be difficult. The far right has reared its ugly head and it doesn't respond well to reconciliation
And it's people of your ilk that is fuelling it. Though you naturally don't see it. You can not form an undemocratic organisation and upset more than half of the electorate without causing discontent. What choice when you can not deselect the leaders.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." –Mark Twain

God Bless.

That was George Carlin, not Mark Twain (apparently quotes are more often misattributed to Twain than any other source).

I would tend to agree but this debate is too important to allow you to shout everyone down

That was George Carlin, not Mark Twain (apparently quotes are more often misattributed to Twain than any other source).

I would tend to agree but this debate is too important to allow you to shout everyone down

Blimey That's an Angry Websaway off the Proven Factual Mark twice in two pages. Hope he doesn't sell on ebay

I'm still Predicting 55% (or even more) Remain - The trouble with us remainers, is we are the Pacifists, In this Verbal argument - How Can You Argue against the 'Speculative/Wishful realities of the Leaves
Yes, good morning, after all the arguments have been put forward the democracy that we still possess is at work. Whatever the outcome, I for one will abide by the decision of the people.

That was just the frustration of thinking you were losing.
It just shows though , we can even argue about what Mark Twain said and how he phrased it. What chance of agreeing on the present.
Good luck with your views, they are not mine, but we are still ALMOST all entitled to our own.

185 pages in, I'm sure many of us are now thinking that.

I hope I have not let down the thousands who died to preserve our democracy .
One can only do what one can do.
It's been fun and some lasted the full course.
Good luck to everyone whatever your views, belief and the liberty to express it is precious..

Last edited:
One last thing.
When we were first thinking about joining the Deutsche Mark, the economic arguments were all in favour of us joining. I did not want to lose the pound, I believed it was an intrinsic part of British life and if we lost it we would lose part of our Identity.
The reason I don't want further integration into a united states of Europe is similar. Put up all the economic arguments, they don't stand up to losing the intrinsic things of our long history of self rule. It's too big a trade off.

You stated some facts about the war (no argument there), then you leapt to saying that Germany had adopted a secret plan to take over the world by stealth (bullshit).

BS? Is that you're response? If you're so cocksure it's BS, how about throwing in a few reasons why you think that? How do you think the EU got started and by whom?

Your conspiracy theory on Jo Cox is really beyond the pale. You've stated that the elderly gentleman who came to her aid died years ago. This has been shown to be bullshit concocted by someone who discovered someone of the same name had died a few years ago - even the conspiracy theory sites have withdrawn it. I think this demonstrates your ability to discern fact from fiction.

You stated earlier that 'demonstrably' that was wrong, but twice you've failed to demonstrate it. Either do so please or stop repeating it.

Besides, that's just one aspect of many which points to a false flag.

Just been and put my X in the Remain box.
Now having some croissant for breakfast.

Remember. FEAR is always used to pass laws that take away Civil Liberty, Privacy, Democracy, Free thought, Free speech, The Right to Protest, etc etc etc.
don't let FEAR be the reason you vote IN or OUT.

I hope I have not let down the thousands who died to preserve our democracy .
One can only do what one can do.
It's been fun and some lasted the full course.
Good luck to everyone whatever your views, belief and the liberty to express it is precious..

Me too - or the millions who died to save Europe from the far right!
I wouldn't call correcting the same lies over and over 'fun' - just glad it's over

Last edited:
Remember. FEAR is always used to pass laws that take away Civil Liberty, Privacy, Democracy, Free thought, Free speech, The Right to Protest, etc etc etc.
don't let FEAR be the reason you vote IN or OUT.

Sadly fear is a powerful motivator and has drowned out the positive arguments on both sides in this campaign.

A little fear is healthy though; it stops us from getting hurt and keeps us alive through to adulthood

Well seeing our local polling station is downstairs (in our Retirement complex) I might just pop down in my Dressing-Gown And Give the ol'dears, something to put-them-off their Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom