Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
200,000 new homes per year is certainly possible, it is already the government target. Approximately 7% of the UK landmass is classified as urban, and even within that half of urban land is green space.
The suggestion we have no room is plainly ridiculous
So we can assume these 10,000,000 are all going to be able to afford to pay
£250,000 plus for a house .
You don't think things through .
Certainly a lot of people will have been disgusted by the level of xenophobia, willful ignorance and outright racism displayed by the worst elements of the leave campaign.

You don't know what the level of immigration will be in the future, no-one does. I can tell you for certain you can't have it all ways - if wages are driven down then we become less attractive to immigrants

333,000 per year is 0.5% of the population - 1 person for every 200 here. Not quite the nightmare you make out

At last the penny has dropped " you don't know what the level of immigration will be in the future "

We don't become less attractive, because wages in their countries are so low, that's If they can get work. 50% youth unemployment in Spain and as terrorism destroys economies the worse it will get.

1 per 200 this year 1 per 2 hundred next year plus offspring and so on and so on.. But listen immigration is not evenly dispersed. 333,000 are probably in area's containing a much smaller percentage of the population. If you don't see that there is something wrong with you.

Last edited:
That quote from Juncker needs to be understood in context - it was a response to a suggestion that we could renegotiate a deal with the EU if we vote out, nothing to do with what happens if we stay in.

Given that there are clearly big issues with immigration in many member states it's almost inevitable that there will be at least some level of reform in future - and we have the opportunity to shape it
You really are naïve.

So we can assume these 10,000,000 are all going to be able to afford to pay
£250,000 plus for a house .
You don't think things through .

At last the penny has dropped " you don't know what the level of immigration will be in the future "

We don't become less attractive because wages in their countries are so low, that's If they can get work. 50% youth unemployment in Spain and as terrorism destroys economies the worse it will get.

1 per 200 this year 1 per 2 hundred next year plus offspring and so on and so on.. But listen immigration is not evenly dispensed. 333,000 are probably in area's containing a much smaller percentage of the population. If you don't see that there is something wrong with you.

Actually quite a lot of people live in flats, not houses (and you can fit quite a lot of flats in a small space).
Of course they won't all be able to buy their own home, we've never had more than 70% owner occupation. Someone has to pay for all those rich, old, middle class peoples' buy to let mortgages :)

I have never suggested that we can predict immigration levels - whereas you have, repeatedly.

Spain does indeed have 50% youth unemployment, so why do you think there aren't more Spanish immigrants here? We only have slightly more Spaniards than we have Australians...

I am well aware immigration is not evenly dispersed. It is generally concentrated in urban areas where people are far less scared of immigrants because they actually know a few

Is this racism, or is Sugar bitter?

sugar.png

Lord Sugar accused of racism

It's certainly xenophobic, if not racist. There are idiots on all sides - as well as decent people saying daft things.

Have to say I can see how this might appeal to a certain mindset on the Brexit side, it's not a good or clever thing to say but it might be effective and some are not above striking below the belt.

Also the offensive nature aside - it's fair to point out the hypocrisy of immigrants complaining about immigration.

Actually quite a lot of people live in flats, not houses (and you can fit quite a lot of flats in a small space).
Of course they won't all be able to buy their own home, we've never had more than 70% owner occupation. Someone has to pay for all those rich, old, middle class peoples' buy to let mortgages :)

I have never suggested that we can predict immigration levels - whereas you have, repeatedly.

Spain does indeed have 50% youth unemployment, so why do you think there aren't more Spanish immigrants here? We only have slightly more Spaniards than we have Australians...

I am well aware immigration is not evenly dispersed. It is generally concentrated in urban areas where people are far less scared of immigrants because they actually know a few
I love people like you who advise how to play the flute.
Blow in one end and move your fingers up and down.
It's so simple.

I agree. But I wonder whether there would have been an awful lot more media coverage if Farage had tweeted similar.

Sugar is a 'remainer'. That's kinda my point.

I know he's a remainer. I'm saying what he said would appeal to a certain xenophobic mindset.

Ridiculous. We've waited 41 years for the opportunity to get out.
We buy a lot of their products.
We are a net contributor to their coffers.
WhyTF would they 'not let us back in' if we wanted to?

My 12yo would see that.

This is beyond even Daily Mail territory, it comes from watching Alex Jones shout false flag at his own turds

Your 12 year old would be heavily influenced by:

- A higher power (you).
- Conspiracy theorists (mainly you)
- The Daily Mail (poignant articles bookmarked and pre-selected by you)
- Scare mongered into making a decision that could otherwise have been been made by genuine self sought facts (not any of the above)

Sounds a lot like the whole leave campaign and the "arguments" from the loud minority of leave voters.

No, he's just been brought up to think about what he's told and decide for himself.
Conspiracy theorist....haha, that's what people cry when they can't defend their position.
Daily Mail? Never bought one in my life. Interesting that you mention some mainstream news source though...shows you believe that people can only form an opinion once it's given to them.

Anyway...not wanting things to get personal.

Well here we are lads. My final post before we go over the top. It's been fun. Our last hurrah?

Just in case there are any still undecided out there...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just in case there are any easily scared out there...

cartoon16.jpg

Don't be scared of change...embrace it.

Believe in yourselves.

Believe in Britain.

Turn up the volume & press play.....

Vote LEAVE

Also reminded of my favourite quote:

"There was just one tiny flaw with the plan"
"What was that?"
"It was bollocks."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom