Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting if anyone reading this thread who was undecided at the start of the debate has learned anything to help them make up their mind which way to vote?

As ten people in the poll are still to decide.
I think once it gets to immigration a lot of the undecided have to go with remain. The TV coverage of poor Jo Cox has been heart wrenching for a lot of people and they vote through compassion of all those heartbroken people, It's human nature. They don't realise that although you can build more schools put more money into the health service. You can not provide houses for 1,000,000 new arrivals every 3 years plus the natural offspring. If immigration increases, as it will, driving wages down, then property ownership will for many young people be a thing of the past.

The true colour of Websaway is coming out now, you are posting 28 illegal immigrant entering the UK,, what will country like Greece do, with 1000s on a daily basis.

You are just providing a lot of reasons why people should go out tomorrow and vote IN
So what you are saying is we should support an organisation that has encouraged uncontrolled immigration into Greece. OK

Lets look at this issue of immigration with figures, the UK population was 51M in 1955, 60 years on, its 64M, which means without immigration, the population will have been in the decline.

At our peak rate of growth its still less than 1% per year, yes we need to control immigration but this rate of growth is not something our government should not be able to cater for.

USA in the same period has almost doubled in population from 174M to 320M.

So many reasons to vote out, this is the least of them.

So what you are saying is we should support an organisation that has encouraged uncontrolled immigration into Greece. OK

Except it hasn't, has it? The EU is entirely opposed to illegal immigration and has provided considerable help to Greece in combating it

Wow, you can't believe a word Cameron says, can you.
The Mail is great for exposing things most want to hide.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-accused-critics-terrorist-sympathiser.html

You don't have to put words into my mouth, only state what I wrote, don't interpret my statement for something else.

There is controlled immigration at the border(may be not as effective as the ones in the UK) of each EU countries, within the EU countries, no borders and UK is not part of this anyway.

Secondly, we are at a time when Humanity is been damaged within our eyes, too many wars and hunger reasons for the displacement of millions of people and heading towards peaceful area in Europe and this wont be forever, I am hoping we will stop bombing soon.

We don't have the issue that other EU countries are facing with the large number of migrations into their countries at the moment, in fact we always have less asylum seekers than any other EU countries per population.

Leaving the EU or staying in the EU have little or no effect on migrants from outside the EU.

Just wondering if there is any vitriol in saint Bob's heart.
The picture has probably been doctored.

No, the picture is genuine.

Search for the vid. The language matches the actions.

Lets look at this issue of immigration with figures, the UK population was 51M in 1955, 60 years on, its 64M, which means without immigration, the population will have been in the decline.

At our peak rate of growth its still less than 1% per year, yes we need to control immigration but this rate of growth is not something our government should not be able to cater for.

USA in the same period has almost doubled in population from 174M to 320M.

So many reasons to vote out, this is the least of them.
But you can't control immigration inside the EU.

I think once it gets to immigration a lot of the undecided have to go with remain. The TV coverage of poor Jo Cox has been heart wrenching for a lot of people and they vote through compassion of all those heartbroken people, It's human nature. They don't realise that although you can build more schools put more money into the health service. You can not provide houses for 1,000,000 new arrivals every 3 years plus the natural offspring. If immigration increases, as it will, driving wages down, then property ownership will for many young people be a thing of the past.

Certainly a lot of people will have been disgusted by the level of xenophobia, willful ignorance and outright racism displayed by the worst elements of the leave campaign.

You don't know what the level of immigration will be in the future, no-one does. I can tell you for certain you can't have it all ways - if wages are driven down then we become less attractive to immigrants

333,000 per year is 0.5% of the population - 1 person for every 200 here. Not quite the nightmare you make out

He's famous for being a foul mouthed rockstar who sticks his fingers up a lot, why on earth is this importnat
You tell me.

Question was asked, question was answered.

Look so everyone knows where I am coming from.
We can not provide houses for an increase in population of 10,000,000
over the next 25 years. With the best will in the world , it's not possible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-rocket-by-10-million-over-next-25-years.html

Talk about a leap into the dark, remaining is a leap into a nightmare.

Why did you keep saying we cant, off cause we can, we embark on mass house building after second world war.
This country embark on Mass social house building since 1900 and continue building till the 70s before it Tory put a stop to it.

Like I said to you before and I will say it to you again, its called "HOUSE BUILDING BOOM", the government is the biggest land owner, the government is the one that set the laws that govern housing, the government is the one that will approve planning, so the issue of housing is totally in the hand of the government and if you are going to ask me where they will the money, that can be solve too, the same place where we find the money to bail out too big to fail companies, the same place where we find billions to order new fighter jets and carriers and the will to guarantee Trillions of debt.

what actually makes this a viable business for the government is that we also have millions of people on council waiting list. Its called ready and motivated clients.

You create supply, house price stop growing at silly rate.

Look so everyone knows where I am coming from.
We can not provide houses for an increase in population of 10,000,000
over the next 25 years. With the best will in the world , it's not possible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-rocket-by-10-million-over-next-25-years.html

Talk about a leap into the dark, remaining is a leap into a nightmare.

200,000 new homes per year is certainly possible, it is already the government target. Approximately 7% of the UK landmass is classified as urban, and even within that half of urban land is green space.
The suggestion we have no room is plainly ridiculous

What are you talking about , read the post.

I did read the post. You said:

"So what you are saying is we should support an organisation that has encouraged uncontrolled immigration into Greece. OK"

The EU has not encouraged uncontrolled immigration into Greece, quite the opposite

He's famous for being a foul mouthed rockstar who sticks his fingers up a lot, why on earth is this importnat
But if he was a Brexit , it would be important , wouldn't it.
Get the picture.
If he was a Brexit he would be labelled a racist and part of a hate campaign.
Get the picture.
But because he's remain, it's just the way he is.

But if he was a Brexit , it would be important , wouldn't it.
Get the picture.
If he was a Brexit he would be labelled a racist and part of a hate campaign.
Get the picture.
But because he's remain, it's just the way he is.

That would mostly depend on whether he said racist and hateful things.

I don't think complaining that Bob Geldof was rude is going to achieve much in the grand scheme of things.

David Cameron said:
Britain will push for freedom of movement reforms if we stay in the EU

Jean Claude Juncker said:
We have concluded a deal with the Prime Minister, he got the maximum he could receive, we gave the maximum we could give. So there will be no kind of renegotiation, nor on the agreement we found in February, nor as far as any kind of treaty negotiations are concerned.

Nice try Dave, but we know you haven't got the power to do anything other than fruitless "pushing". The pathetic deal you won is the best you'll ever get from the "influence" you have by being at the EU table.

Voting out is the only way to actually get the control this country needs. Tomorrow is the only chance we'll get to deliver change and we can't afford to waste it.

That quote from Juncker needs to be understood in context - it was a response to a suggestion that we could renegotiate a deal with the EU if we vote out, nothing to do with what happens if we stay in.

Given that there are clearly big issues with immigration in many member states it's almost inevitable that there will be at least some level of reform in future - and we have the opportunity to shape it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom