Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the black hole the treasury forecast has taken into consideration the benefits to the economy of 100,000 selected immigrants, ie those that are high earning professionals ( not immigration lawyers ) who would immediately be higher rate tax payers.

I ask because Boris Johnson went to Eton and Oxford, Michael Gove went to Oxford too, .

Oxford is just like Cambridge, but without the buggery. :eek:

bullingdon.jpg

What will happen when the remains have to eventually address the indefensible issue of sovereignty. Do they have any arguments to pacify the masses who do not want to give up freedom and democracy.

Will the arguments be any better than the fact that Sam Cam fears for her childrens future. Maybe because they won't get jobs like lord and lady Kinnocks son or be able to buy a huge portfolio of property for their children so they can be landlords like the Blairs.

And Mr Duddridge, the Foreign Office minister for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, warned: “The EU is a secretive organisation that doesn’t want documents in the public domain that recognise that it’s a federalist attempt at a state with all the trappings of a state, including a European police force and European army.

“If people knew the truth of where the EU might be in a few years, let alone a few decades, there would be a resounding vote in support of Brexit.

“The EU has a federalist vision and it will inch towards it if it can’t leap towards it, and it will do it secretly if it can’t do it openly and publicly.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ice-Minister-James-Duddridge-Euro-army-Brexit

Is it any surprise that a UKIP-supporting far-right populist tabloid supports Brexit?
This is the paper that accused the McCanns of murdering Madelaine and the Royals of killing Diana.

There are six people in a boat with a bag of gold weighing 10 stone. They have a full capacity on board. They come across a man in the water and discuss the possibility of taking the man on board. The conversation revolves mostly around the devastating effects of throwing the gold overboard. The issue is particularly pertinent to the one of the six that owns the gold. Not sure how long he could continue to argue his case before the other five throw him overboard.

We could form a crude hot air balloon from the sail and sit you underneath it :)

I'm not sure if you think I'm stupid, but I'm starting to feel like I'm being talked down to.

We are both talking about the budget surplus.

Why is Germany's budget surplus "one of the Euro's biggest problems"?

No-one likes bureaucracy but most accept it as a necessary evil. If we want nice things we need managers.

You forget that a large part of the reason that Europe has pursued integration is to maintain peace and harmony. The last time the nationalists took power there was a World War.
Have you learned anything yet.

We could form a crude hot air balloon from the sail and sit you underneath it :)
I've learned more in the last few weeks about the EU than I had known over our 40 year membership. I am not an activist or a protestor so it never really bothered me, after all things are as they are
( " grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change " )
However, given there is to be a referendum, I took it upon myself to read what I could from both sides and I have to say I simply could not be a remain for all the reasons I've given in this thread ( " give me the courage to change the things I can".)

What have you learned and how have your investigations affected your understanding of the EU ?

Nope sorry may have crossed wires, what I mean is that the UK if votes for Brexit, the people are not voting to leave the EEA. If the EU / EEA members require the UK to leave because of the Brexit then so be it.

If negotiations don't get special exemptions to free movement of workers, then yes we would be leaving be default. I just don't think a brexit vote means automatically the negotiations team doesn't try to get exemptions to stay.

There are benefits of course to leaving the EEA, stop passporting and make companies pay UK taxes more easily. Enforce UK regulations , whilst I don't agree with some UK regulations on financial products. The very fact that I can move my business to another EEA country and trade back to the UK over the internet and totally avoid FCA rules is odd.

Oh I see, yes that makes sense. it's certainly a possibility that voting for leave may (or may not) result in further negotiations and possibly even another vote if significant concessions were made. It's all an unknown until/unless it happens of course. Time will tell!

Saw this posed on facebook the other day, we need a strong leader like this man.
0da7abfbc03a4f26c4db23586028d641.jpg

I've learned more in the last few weeks about the EU than I had known over our 40 year membership. I am not an activist or a protestor so it never really bothered me, after all things are as they are
( " grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change " )
However, given there is to be a referendum, I took it upon myself to read what I could from both sides and I have to say I simply could not be a remain for all the reasons I've given in this thread ( " give me the courage to change the things I can".)

What have you learned and how have your investigations affected your understanding of the EU ?

I have learned that we may well have to fight the far right again in the near future

Every word he says is true, like it or not many people have just had enough and its time our leader stood up and spoke like this man.

Every word he says is true, like it or not many people have just had enough and its time our leader stood up and spoke like this man.

Actually most people don't want to live under the Russian mafia.

I'm also unclear what hating Muslims has to do with leaving the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom