Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And don't forget Hitler and Stalin had moustaches. That proves all people with moustaches are genocidal. So remember.. suicide bombers have feelings too and come from all religions not just Islam.

That figure looks spot on. In 2014, 56.2 million people across the UK (87.2 per cent) were White British.
http://www.irr.org.uk/research/statistics/ethnicity-and-religion/

And yet we already have a mayor of London who the prime minister was making serious accusations about only three weeks ago.

Yes the same guy he was campaigning with very recently since they're both pro EU. It's almost as if when politicians throw accusations around, or when they are suddenly best buddies, neither of these things are centred in truth and they are simply acting out of self interest. Politicians know what people will lap up.

There was a high turnout in the scot ref. What do you think the turnout will be. What are your mates down the pub saying, do you get the impression the ins will vote.

I also believe their will be quite a high turnout for this Vote, Certainly more than a General Election (probably not as high as the Scottish Independence vote) The Problem for all us "Stayers" is in Voicing our Opinions, Your Seen As 'Pro Europe' including all it's Questionable policies (hence our Silence)- where-as the reality is We just don't Believe in this 'Promised-Land Scenario' presented by the Leave-campaigners. And Believe we 'As a Strong Member' Can influence better from Within (So, very much like the Scottish Vote) If you ask a Genuine Pro- Remain, They are more likely to say he/she "Hasn't made up their Mind" or Not even answer. The Trouble with the 'Leavers' is they have become the Vocal Majority - Not the Voting Majority

Last edited:
No it isn't as unlikely as Cameron's claim of WW3. It is very real, I can't believe that after what happened in Paris that you think that the risk of it happening is a joke claim - it's bloody well already happened on the continent.

Given the freedom of travel, what is this amazing difference between Paris and London which gives you such confidence it's as unlikely as WW3?

I was referring to the statement that there will be millions of them that cant be stopped. A tiny minority of Muslims do want to do us harm no doubt about that at all. I just don't see how leaving the EU makes us any safer they will still come. Potentially tanking are economy and almost certainly destroying the EU economy is just going to make it easier for them to succeeded. see my post above

SAT 11 JUN 2016 - England v Russia

THU 16 JUN 2016 - England v Wales

MON 20 JUN 2016 - Slovakia v England

THU 23 JUN 2016 - Independence Day

How will England's performance influence turnout or nationalism?

Farage talks Turkey...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I agree. Think it could be 60 / 40 in the end.

That is my initial belief also, But, I toned it down, Given The turnout for the 'No Change'' (as A percentage of Voters) are more likely Not to bother Voting - feeling like 'Piggy-In-The-Middle' Whereas the 'Leave' is going to be out in force, without a doubt

Interested to explore this whole "stronger voice inside" theory. Let's see some concrete examples of where our strong voice has shaped EU policy in a sensible direction.

The only examples I can think of is where we have "won" the least-worst option after peeing off everyone else in Europe by threatening to veto. Again.

It's a pity you're unwilling to make your mind up rather than rely on somebody else's poor summary to form your opinion of said piece, since that's not what the writer was saying.

I believe that if I'm reading your quote correctly that I started reading the article and expressed my view before the somebody that I think you're referring to gave their summary. I might be wrong though.

I agree. Think it could be 60 / 40 in the end.

That's about as realistic as the figures David Cameron and George Osborne come out with.:)

Our PM just quote car industry, we will be paying 10% import tax like America if we are out of EU. American cars are still cheaper than the cars we produce here at the moment.
On another note, not sure if any car manufacturing is still British owned, not sure about this but:
Jaguar, Austin Martin, Land Rover, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Rover, mini, all now owned by foreign companies.
Our VAT is probably what is making our products cost a lot more here than other countries.

Farage and Cameron just rant about the same thing, nothing knew.

Cameron gets on my tits. With virtually every question he had he gave an answer and then started giving the same little speech about bad for jobs, economy etc. He's more wooden than Keanu Reeves

Our PM just quote car industry, we will be paying 10% import tax like America if we are out of EU.

The thing about tariffs is that they go both ways. If the EU puts a tariff on UK-made cars, why wouldn't the UK do the same with German, French and Italian ones?

VW, BMW, Audi, Mini, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volvo, Seat, Citroen, Peugeot, Renault, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Skoda, Dacia, Smart, etc.

And do tariffs apply based on where cars were manufactured, or where the parent brand is from?

EU: "No, I quite understand. Let's not add the tariff after all."

It looks now that it's coming down to .. do we want to govern ourselves through a democratically elected parliament or do we want to be increasingly governed by an unelected Brussels ?

Vice President Lyndon Johnson received the following message from a Native American Indian Chief on a reservation:
"Be careful with your immigration laws. We were careless with ours.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ting-Islamists-threaten-British-freedoms.html

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-will-britain-have-a-muslim-majority-by-2050/13690

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...gregation-are-about-economics-not-values.html

Last edited:
EU popularity declining across Europe...

EU-REF-IMAGE-large_trans++M37qcIWR9CtrqmiMdQVx7BfOCYufpxLlnk9UkSq3RIc.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ts-euroscepticism-on-the-rise-all-across-eur/

Interesting that our trade deficit (that is, the amount more that we import from them than we sell to them) grew to £61.6 billion in 2014. This is at a record level - but we've run a deficit every year for the past 15.

But they'll still put up their barriers instead of trading with us, right?

This is the bit I just don't understand, I will still need to sell my widgets and my current customers have chosen my company to supply them as I offer the best fit value / quality balance, surely nobody is going to buy my widgets on 23rd and then stop on the 24th? I'm not going to be stopped from buying the EU sourced components for my widgets on the 24th am I? I can understand that potentially at the end of my existing sales & purchase contracts I'm going to have to renegotiate with my suppliers / customers, but that would happen anyway as part of the normal contractual process.

Will we be seeing signs in the supermarket saying "Sorry no oranges today, Europe have stopped selling them to the UK"

Trade tariffs are complicated, and it is the legal responsibility of importers and exporters to apply the right tariff to each transaction.

Here's more background than you could possibly want
https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/sections

At the moment, tariffs within the EU are zero for most things. If the UK leaves it will no longer benefit from that zero tariff regime.

In all likelihood, the EU will charge a 10% tariff on stuff from the UK since it will move from the "in the EU" column to the "out of the EU" column and therefore a different tariff rate automatically applies. Some types of product or service may incur tariffs much higher than 10% - again, the processes are already in place and apply to hundreds of countries (they'll simply apply to one more if the UK leaves)

Similarly, the UK will charge a tariff on exports.

This will make the UK's exports more expensive and therefore less competitive with EU producers, and it will make everything the UK imports from the EU more expensive (helping local UK producers, but in many instances there are no suitable UK alternatives since the industries in question have pretty much died out)

All this can be changed post-facto through negotiation, but that's on a product by product, industry by industry basis.

Last edited:
Interesting that our trade deficit (that is, the amount more that we import from them than we sell to them) grew to £61.6 billion in 2014. This is at a record level - but we've run a deficit every year for the past 15.

I don't think it is as simple as that. There will need to be new trade deals drawn up, which may or may not include tariffs, duties and/or import quotas. Depending upon whether the EU wants to protect manufacturers/producers from within the EU.

As a very general example (which may not even be correct in its details), there is currently a 10% import duty on cars made outside of the EU. So, if this were to remain, whilst UK manufactured cars will still be welcomed in the EU, they will be more expensive. So the next time Nissan or Ford look where to invest in a new production line for cars selling within the EU, it may not be here!

my current customers have chosen my company to supply them as I offer the best fit value / quality balance, surely nobody is going to buy my widgets on 23rd and then stop on the 24th?

Not on the 24th, but after the trade deals have been renegotiated (and there are many saying the UK will have to renegotiate with the entire world, not just the EU), you may find that the customers no longer think you offer the best fit value / quality. There may be tariffs on your product, or import licences required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom