Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodgy to imply his endorsement but at least the quote is accurate.

The article is interesting and I suppose fair-minded - though not surprising he is a bit non-committal as he has an enormous audience and won't want to alienate half of it.

The MSE poll isn't far off this one - I do wonder what that says about the userbases

Not read it but is this the guy who sold his business for £70,000,000.
he won't be living on a sink estate then.

I think it was £87M all told. He did give £10M to charity.
Clearly has a bit of nous.

Not all rich people are solely out to enrich themselves, neither are all politicians.

Actually most senior politicians could quite easily make 10X the money in industry

Were do you think ISIS came from then because everything I've read points to the fact they only got any real power when the west pulled out of the middle east after destabilising it and then not seeing the rebuilding job back through to completion.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/did-george-w-bush-create-isis
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/04/iraq-war-bush-isis
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29052144
https://www.quora.com/How-did-ISIS-form-When-and-where-did-ISIS-begin
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/22/syria-iraq-incubators-isis-jihad

Were do you get this figure of million of people coming to blow themselves up. there's already 3million Muslim living in the UK the vast majority hardworking people like yourself who just want a good life for themselves and there children. About 800 0.03% have gone from Briton to join ISIS http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32026985 isis numbers are in the ten's to low hundreds of thousands depending on what number you believe not millions. The majority of the Millions of Muslims who have entered the EU are just looking for a safety for themselves and their family's. There escaping persecution from the nut job that are ISIS that whether you like it or not western policy in the middle east has helped to create.

We live on an island yes but did you not see the pictures of the guys in speed boats who crossed the channel last week if a terrorist want to come to Briton to blow themselves up they will find a way its not that difficult to get in be that on a tourist visa or smuggled in on a dingy or fishing boat crossing the channel. If you think leaving the EU will make us safer from terrorism I'm sorry your deluded

Becase hitler was obsessed with the loss of the first world war, it did not make him any less of a threat to our security, no good us saying if we had not won the first word war he would not have the ambitions he had. We can not change yesterday but we can deal with tomorrow.
So let's just get control of who comes to our country. It is still our country after all, well just.

I think it was £87M all told. He did give £10M to charity.
Clearly has a bit of nous.

Not all rich people are solely out to enrich themselves, neither are all politicians.

Actually most senior politicians could quite easily make 10X the money in industry
Yes some do and forgo the benefit of sitting in the unelected HOL . Put a price on that.

It is interesting to see the volatility of the pound at the moment which is said to be fluctuating as much as the crash in 2008. What we have seen in the past few months is a large increase in gold prices and an increase of 4% in the last week alone. Had a chance to buy more 1kg's at £23k but didn't follow through; I had no idea that Brexit would have such an impact upon this (which is now seen as leading the polls).

You obviously think he did the wrong thing &, presumably, should have not stopped hiking interest rates at 15%, but kept on going until he brought the country to it's knees. Why not just abandon the pound & use the Deutschmark?

Betting odds-wise Remain still edges it, but on the other side of the coin in my area it's almost exclusively Leave. Polls are moving towards leave too though there are still plenty or undecided voters. Of course it's hard to get excited about staying on the same path so that may explain the lack of volume. Regardless of how people intend to vote, I'd be interested to know what you think the result will be?

Not read it but is this the guy who sold his business for £70,000,000.
he won't be living on a sink estate then.

I guess your a 100% which way your voting but its certainly worth a read for any who are a little unsure discusses the points in an impartial manner

Regards sink estates I don't know why you put that at the door of the EU I've grown up on deprived estates when I look at what happens around me I see

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/17-things-european-funding-done-10925208
Or
http://www.sevenstreets.com/why-liverpool-wont-mourn-margaret-thatcher/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/m...d-an-entire-city-shy-and-his-boss-543923.html

If leave wins I fear Scotland leaves and joins the EU the way are political system works the north has no real say in who runs the country
There a lot of problems with the EU but at the end of the day I kind of trust them more to look after the common man than I ever would trust Cameron, Gove, Boris and there cronies.
I truly wish there was a third option for a remain if the right reforms can be won but between EU and a probable Boris run tory party deciding my fate for the next 10 - 15 years right now Im going to sway to remain so at least if they do continue to do down the north there's always the option easily being able to hop on a plane and moving to nicer climbs in southern France or Spain.

Becase hitler was obsessed with the loss of the first world war, it did not make him any less of a threat to our security, no good us saying if we had not won the first word war he would not have the ambitions he had. We can not change yesterday but we can deal with tomorrow.
So let's just get control of who comes to our country. It is still our country after all, well just.
And like I said voting out wont make us any safer from terrorists you haven't said controlling our borders stops terrorists entering on tourist visas or more likely smuggling themselves in the backs of lorry's or on boats across the channel. Do you think if we vote out pull up some metaphorical drawbridge that ISIS is never going to attack Briton because it seems to me your burying your head in the sand ISIS exist and the west are going to one day have to get there hands dirty an sort them out the cost will be much less to Britain if we can bring Europeans on board rather than going it alone with the US lets face that didn't work out to well last time did it

Last edited:
I truly wish there was a third option for a remain if the right reforms can be won

The only way of winning further reforms is to vote out and be negotiated back in again, but holding more cards than we did during Dave's pathetic attempts. Despite all the puffed out chests refusing to accept it, that's one of the most likely possible results of Brexit.

Even the president of Europe acknowledges that much of the EU is unhappy with the level of integration. If our referendum wasn't happening right now, the Euro would be continuing to take an absolute kicking, because there's no way it will work without financial controls and budget approval coming down from the EU in greater depth than already happens.

There's a conspiracy going on to make you believe that out means out. But all it means is a new reality for the EU area to work with. It would bring a serious shock to politics across the EU.

They may decide that it's better to accept more reform and a slightly different path if it encourages us to stay. (May, or may not, I accept. Leaving is still better than what we have now anyway)

If you vote remain, the EU will have the mandate they need for another 30+ years of gradually soaking up our sovereignty, vigour renewed.

If anything is scary, it's that.

Regardless of how people intend to vote, I'd be interested to know what you think the result will be?

Well my mate put £2k on 'stay', with odds of 2/5; he's starting to look quite nervy about his "sure thing".

Well my mate put £2k on 'stay', with odds of 2/5; he's starting to look quite nervy about his "sure thing".

Haha. Yes, I can't say I''d be too confident either way lumping money on this vote.

You obviously think he did the wrong thing &, presumably, should have not stopped hiking interest rates at 15%, but kept on going until he brought the country to it's knees. Why not just abandon the pound & use the Deutschmark?

You obviously have me confused with dozens of financial journalists and historians. I didn't write those quotes, I just linked to them. And there are many more where they came from.

All I think about is the facts: He was on the losing side of the most profitable forex trade of all time, and spent so much of the UK's reserves that the true figure was buried for years and the government went to court to stop its publication.

The only way of winning further reforms is to vote out and be negotiated back in again, but holding more cards than we did during Dave's pathetic attempts. Despite all the puffed out chests refusing to accept it, that's one of the most likely possible results of Brexit.

Even the president of Europe acknowledges that much of the EU is unhappy with the level of integration. If our referendum wasn't happening right now, the Euro would be continuing to take an absolute kicking, because there's no way it will work without financial controls and budget approval coming down from the EU in greater depth than already happens.

There's a conspiracy going on to make you believe that out means out. But all it means is a new reality for the EU area to work with. It would bring a serious shock to politics across the EU.

They may decide that it's better to accept more reform and a slightly different path if it encourages us to stay. (May, or may not, I accept. Leaving is still better than what we have now anyway)

If you vote remain, the EU will have the mandate they need for another 30+ years of gradually soaking up our sovereignty, vigour renewed.

If anything is scary, it's that.
I'm been wondering if that would be the likely outcome but who carries out the renegotiation Cameron is probably gone if leave win. UKIP seem to want nothing at all to do with Europe reformed or not how could the torries lined up to takeover backtrack and not follow it all the way through.

As I think leave will likely win I hope it just does force through a better Europe as ultimately I believe I people work better striving towards a common goal
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29746430
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-18702455

Than just looking after ones own self interest.

I have to say that if I was trading physical goods to Europe at the level I was a few years ago (100's of orders per day), I'd stick with the EU simply to avoid the possible additional red tape you get with Switzerland, Norway etc now.

A piece on Newsnight just presented as somehow surprising the fact that the deals to be negotiated in case of Brexit don't seem likely to match what Vote Leave is claiming will happen.

But it's staggeringly obvious that's the case since this isn't an election, so Vote Leave don't magically gain power from the referendum result.

Sorry where did this idea of a 'reformed' europe come from? Certainly not from Europe. When did this become an 'option'?

Martin Lewis is a financial clown, telling people to invest in Iceland when it was at 9% APR on savings. Totally over looking the fact that interest rates reflect risk. Martin Lewis also gave out mortgage advice every week on TV without being regulated to do so. How the guy isn't in jail is a complete mystery. Anyone quoting Martin Lewis as a financial expert is completely clueless.

He's an expert in being a media whore, that's all he is. The people on his site are the smarter ones - financially speaking, but hey they didn't get a penny when he sold it for £70m so I guess they aren't that clever after all.

As for the economics experts, there is one thing that separates these financial experts and the Job centre was tax payers cash. If they hadn't have got a bailout, the majority of them would have been laughing stocks.

Just take one for example - Morgan Stanley

2011 - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tanley-at-brink-of-collapse-got-107b-from-fed

2016 - http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/17/morgan-stanley-ceo-brexit-damaging-for-the-uk.html

What is it with people, do they just love a good beating over and over again?

A piece on Newsnight just presented as somehow surprising the fact that the deals to be negotiated in case of Brexit don't seem likely to match what Vote Leave is claiming will happen.

But it's staggeringly obvious that's the case since this isn't an election, so Vote Leave don't magically gain power from the referendum result.

Trusting anything that comes out of the BBC on the EU issue is like trusting Jimmy Saville with your kids.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/677025/BBC-in-referendum-BIAS-row-over-Brexit-report.

Are the public now being taken for complete idiots. They are being told that short term movement in the pound is an indicator of how our economy will fare outside the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom