Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, this is odd...

petr.png

I thought all the "poorly educated" were voting to leave, but nearly 2 million thickos have signed this petition since the polling stations closed.

Who has ever said that?

People who vote remain and who are now protesting and signing petitions to overturn the result

I've said a number of times I don't believe the EU laws should trump UK laws, if they do, that's a dictatorship no?

People who vote remain and who are now protesting and signing petitions to overturn the result

I've said a number of times I don't believe the EU laws should trump UK laws, if they do, that's a dictatorship no?

No. It's what we signed up for. Again, we got our say in making those rules, and we normally got our own way, but you can't have co-operation without compromise. Describing it as a dictatorship is not reasonable.

If you sign up to a club with rules, you have to keep to them or leave.

We have lots of other treaties, such as NATO. Do you think we should also be able to ignore those rules?

Its quite a common tactic of fascists to rebuff an accusation by turning it round on the accuser, and it has popular appeal among the less intelligent, but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. A bit like in Edwin's link - when Boris gets caught lying he calls everyone else liars

I think the issue is that the majority of the win vote was so small ...
Yes, leave won, but only by 4% of the 72% who bothered to vote.
But, they were lined up against The Establishment, the might & treasure of the Govt, the leaders of 98% of MPs, the BBC, Channel 4, most of the printed press, the neo-liberal London elite, friendly foreign governments, several multi-billionaires, celebrity tax-dodgers, the CBI, the currency markets, the stock markets, the city, the banks, the treasury & BoE, multi-national corporations, the TUC & most trade unions, academics, the football clubs, their employers & a generous sprinkling of rent-a-gob 'experts'. Not to mention the huge inertia.

They even extended the registration deadline by two days for only two hours website downtime.

I reckon that is all worth a minimum 15% head start, plus another 5% for people that hate Farage with a vengeance. It's a miracle to win at all.

It was a convincing win in my book. If the students couldn't be arsed to get out of bed & vote, that's their own bloody fault. Riding a bike around London, spitting their dummies out, abusing politicians, signing petitions, writing letters to The Guardian & creating a Twitter-storm ain't gonna change a thing.

Last edited:
Its quite a common tactic of fascists to rebuff an accusation by turning it round on the accuser, and it has popular appeal among the less intelligent, but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. A bit like in Edwin's link - when Boris gets caught lying he calls everyone else liars

:D

It's a protest against democracy. Oh hang on, what are they asking for.

Our democratically elected leaders wanted to remain. It certainly is a protest, I'd say largely against the status quo - and a misguided one, since a lot of those voting leave are those who will suffer most as a result

But, they were lined up against The Establishment, the might & treasure of the Govt, the leaders of 98% of MPs, the BBC, Channel 4, most of the printed press, the neo-liberal London elite, friendly foreign governments, several multi-billionaires, celebrity tax-dodgers, the CBI, the currency markets, the stock markets, the city, the banks, the treasury & BoE, multi-national corporations, the TUC & most trade unions, academics, the football clubs, their employers & a generous sprinkling of rent-a-gob 'experts'. Not to mention the huge inertia.

They even extended the registration deadline by two days for only two hours website downtime.

I reckon that is all worth a minimum 15% head start, plus another 5% for people that hate Farage with a vengeance. It's a miracle to win at all.

It was a convincing win in my book. If the students couldn't be arsed to get out of bed & vote, that's their own bloody fault. Riding a bike around London, spitting their dummies out, abusing politicians, signing petitions & creating a Twitter-storm ain't gonna change a thing.

Except the leave campaign was run by neo-liberal elitists :)

It was a convincing win in my book. If the students couldn't be arsed to get out of bed & vote, that's their own bloody fault. Riding a bike around London, spitting their dummies out, abusing politicians, signing petitions & creating a Twitter-storm ain't gonna change a thing.

So you have no interest in reconciliation. Basically anyone who voted remain's voice and opinion no longer matter?

Can a law be made by the EU that goes against UK law and that our representatives at the EU voted against, yet, we have to still abide by it?

Yes. Similarly, a UK law can be made that you don't like and your representative voted against.
That doesn't mean we live under a dictatorship in the UK.

When you sign up to be a member of a club, you have to abide by all the rules, not just the ones you like.

Again, there are downsides to being a member of a club. You give up some of your autonomy, but you get the benefits of working together.

Reactions: VSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom