Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let's have a national day, why not. However if you really want to encourage unity you should probably recognise that calling it independence day and celebrating in on the 23rd June is not going to appeal to the half of the country who voted to stay together. Also it may well have to be England only, since the United Kingdom now faces imminent break-up
Just to put things in perspective , there is less chance of Scotland leaving the UK than before the last referendum. And Wales voted to leave.

So we were not in the Euro, we were not part of the schengen zone and we wanted it reformed. Does that sound like a good club to anyone.

I voted IN and would do so again.

However the result is the result, like it or not and the bed has been made to lay in...

I am British and proud to be so. I am also, for the next two years at least, European.

Time to now start pulling together and start moving forward positively.

Oh and time for lots and lots of tea! ;)

a59bd4b1ba52a8b30ac72be082c6ccc8.jpg

I voted IN and would do so again.

However the result is the result, like it or not and the bed has been made to lay in...

I am British and proud to be so. I am also, for the next two years at least, European.

Time to now start pulling together and start moving forward positively.

Oh and time for lots and lots of tea! ;)

a59bd4b1ba52a8b30ac72be082c6ccc8.jpg

I admire the sentiment, but what would you suggest we actually do?

"They seek him here,
they seek him there,
those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?"

go5.jpg

Anyone seen him?

most of the printed press [backed Remain]
Erm...
Where Britain's newspapers stand on the EU referendum
Newspaper Coverage Of EU Referendum Overwhelmingly Backs ‘Brexit’
National Press Circulation Figures June 16 2016

The Daily Mail, Sun and Sun on Sunday alone account for a third of all national newspaper sales. That's before we add on the Telegraph, Daily Express, Sunday Express, Daily Star, Daily Star Sunday and Sunday Times.

Obviously this statistical data can't compete with the man-down-the-pub and his common sense, but insofar as expertise is valued, it indicates that your statement was nonsense on stilts. :D

Very encouraged to read this. I imagine they'll be wanting to walk a fine line between not making Brexit appear too beneficial to us, but not shooting themselves in the foot either.

The reality is the EU needs the UK, especially Germany, think Porsche, Audi, BMW, VW etc, I think article 50 needs to be activated asap, personally I think the trade agreements will run alot smoother than many think, they need our trade more than we need theirs. The US will be miffed they are about to make a trade agreement with the EU that would have benefited the US more than the EU, we won't be part of that agreement. Alot will go on behind the scenes, I can see the EU reforming so they don't lose any more member states.

I can't see Scotland voting to leave the UK, I can see indy ref 2 happening but people have had enough turmoil, it was disappointing to hear sturgeon bring it up so quickly but I think it's a lost cause. A few interviews on the streets showed people are sick of it all and would want to remain in the UK. I also believe the time scale isn't there, Scotland is technically not in the EU if it goes it alone because it would not be part of the UK, it's complicated and I think she should face reality and help build a stronger UK.

Here is something I haven't noticed the press picking up yet.

After yesterday's bloodbath in banking shares, the government's stake in RBS that they were planning to sell off in a few months dropped in value by £4,115,930,000 on Friday. That's money that is going to have to be found somewhere else, eg in more austerity or tax rises.

Agree about Scotland. Frustrated as many will be, I'd be surprised if they get a majority for leaving the UK at this time.

Re. RBS - ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom