Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Scotland will emerge as a place for people to take refuge if they somehow manage to engineer a way to stay in the EU? If they went down the Irish path of offering citizenship to people able to prove a second generation connection, I imagine there might be something of a stampede...

I'm eligible for Irish citizenship. Trouble is I'm not sure it will help much. There is now considerable risk of a domino effect and the end of the EU as we know it

I'm eligible for Irish citizenship. Trouble is I'm not sure it will help much. There is now considerable risk of a domino effect and the end of the EU as we know it

I think by the time the EU has finished raking the UK over the coals, nobody else will dare to leave. There seems to be a general murmur in that direction vs focusing primarily on rebuilding
the UK-EU trade relationship.

And hardly surprising, because breaking up a trading block of 430 million will cause far, far more economic damage to the EU component countries than losing a bit of UK trade.

I think by the time the EU has finished raking the UK over the coals, nobody else will dare to leave.

Think things through man, think things through.

If they punish us they punish themselves, have you not watched as the bone heads tried to punish Russia over the last 24 months. They've ended up crushing the EU's own milk and meat prices as Russia slapped them back. Russia then grew their own agriculture products and made friends all over the world who tried to sell them stuff to take the EU's place.

If they take on Britain in such a way, they'll crash the German and French car manufacturing and that's just one part. Then the Germans and French will want to leave the EU.

They make it easy for us to leave - it's over. They make it hard for us to leave - it's over.

Whatever they do the EU is OVERRRRRRRRRRRRR.

OK I just did some quick research on the user accounts of these imbeciles and at least 3 of them are American, which of course no less worse than if they were English but these people are racists full stop. They are using Brexit as a vehicle for their abuse but I think implying it is the cause of their abuse is a bit out of order.

I said "Are you suggesting the rise of the National Front is a good thing"?
You responded "I am". Perhaps you meant something else

"I am" obviously refered to whether I was left-of-centre....as anyone with a concept of context can decipher. Especially given that the following sentence addressed your NF question.

You do realise that other people can read these exchanges don't you? So while you're trying to wind me up (would never work btw) with silly responses such as this, you're embarrassing yourself.

It is as much my country as yours. Suggesting those who disagree with you should leave is fascism, old boy

Mearly letting you know you have options. I was seriously thinking of leaving if the result went the other way once my youngest gets to 18 in 6 years.

Audio is rubbish, but worth a watch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"I am" obviously refered to whether I was left-of-centre....as anyone with a concept of context can decipher. Especially given that the following sentence addressed your NF question.

You do realise that other people can read these exchanges don't you? So while you're trying to wind me up (would never work btw) with silly responses such as this, you're embarrassing yourself.

I am not trying to wind you up. I am trying to make sense of your wildly disparate positions

I'm well aware that others can read this. Can I remind you that the vast majority of people are not conspiracy theorists who think everything is a false flag operation

I am not trying to wind you up. I am trying to make sense of your wildly disparate positions

I'm sorry, you should've mentioned you have problems with understanding.
That explains your confusion with my stating categorically that I'm a leave voter largely because of the EU connections with the Nazi party. So WhyTF would I be an NF supporter?

I'm well aware that others can read this. Can I remind you that the vast majority of people are not conspiracy theorists who think everything is a false flag operation

Less than you think.

A lot of people don't want to be identified as such...Emporers New Clothes syndrome. I'm ok with it - got to stand up for your beliefs.

Audio is rubbish, but worth a watch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I generally respect Digby Jones. I can accept he is going for populist appeal - I guarantee he is not saying the same thing round the board room table

I'm sorry, you should've mentioned you have problems with understanding.
That explains your confusion with my stating categorically that I'm a leave voter largely because of the EU connections with the Nazi party. So WhyTF would I be an NF supporter?

Less than you think.

A lot of people don't want to be identified as such...Emporers New Clothes syndrome. I'm ok with it - got to stand up for your beliefs.

A lot of people on the far right seem to be unaware they're on the far right, especially when they start talking about Nazis

Temper , temper.

The French celebrate Bastille day.

I think the issue is that the majority of the win vote was so small ...
Yes, leave won, but only by 4% of the 72% who bothered to vote.
It is a difficult situation, but for the sake of national unity, I do think it would be a bad idea going forward ...

(sorry, formatting on the previous went wonky - hard to cut and paste on a phone!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom