Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little Tory leadership contest development. Remain supporters are currently suggesting on social media that they may join up as Conservative members in order to stop the Brexiters (Johnson and Gove) from taking over the Tory government.

It's going to be interesting to see whether this gains traction, particularly among the angry younger Remainers.

This of course brings to mind the way that the Labour Party membership skyrocketed thanks to allies and enemies hoping to propel Corbyn to the top. And we all know how that worked out.

On Labour, I am seriously starting to wonder whether, if Corbyn doesn't resign after this, we may see a new centre-left opposition party in British politics. Labour MPs seem to be at breaking point. And yes, it is ironic isn't it that Corbyn was probably among the most eurosceptic within his party. It's just that his stance on immigration is never going to win back the old Labour heartlands.

There was some discussion about how there might be an attempt to get a vote in Parliament against accepting the result of the referendum. Since Remain MPs outnumber Leave MPs over 4:1 there's a strong chance it would pass.

There was some discussion about how there might be an attempt to get a vote in Parliament against accepting the result of the referendum. Since Remain MPs outnumber Leave MPs over 4:1 there's a strong chance it would pass.

If that happens, I'd be signing up to the "Free the Birstall One" campaign :D

I hope it doesn't. Aside from the argument on principal, can you imagine what a recruitment tool it would be for the far right?

If people are challenging our method of democracy now , what would it have been like in 20 years.

nc7i3y6exh5x.gif

That's not you is it ?
Obviously never gave it thought.

Here is something I haven't noticed the press picking up yet.

After yesterday's bloodbath in banking shares, the government's stake in RBS that they were planning to sell off in a few months dropped in value by £4,115,930,000 on Friday. That's money that is going to have to be found somewhere else, eg in more austerity or tax rises.
You really are naïve. But worse than that you are dangerous because people think you are intelligent.
What you need to do is have a look at the UK stock market in 2008. Even you would be able to choose the stocks you should have bought. Only gamblers should care about what the market does short term. Maybe that's what you did prior to the vote, it would explain a few things.

You really are naïve. But worse than that you are dangerous because people think you are intelligent.
What you need to do is have a look at the UK stock market in 2008. Even you would be able to choose the stocks you should have bought. Only gamblers should care about what the market does short term. Maybe that's what you did prior to the vote, it would explain a few things.

That's another round of personal attacks. Not even veiled.

Stop it.

A little Tory leadership contest development. Remain supporters are currently suggesting on social media that they may join up as Conservative members in order to stop the Brexiters (Johnson and Gove) from taking over the Tory government.

I can't stand the thought of Johnson or Gove leading the Conservatives, Johnson has too many hiccups, although he is a career politician, and Gove can't stand the NHS. In fact, I think I may have to vote Lib Dem's in the next general, if this happens.

However, I wouldn't be doing it so they can't run the Article 50 negotiations, it's obvious that it needs to be a Brexit supporter who does that, I can't imagine a Remainer getting the best deal.

I don't think there should be another referendum, I can't go through that pain again, and the country is divided enough as it is!

I'll be honest, I was in tears on Friday morning :(

I was astonished this morning to hear the SNP leader saying that Scotland voted to stay in the EU. They did not. They voted for the UK to stay in the EU. There was no box to ask Scotland there view on whether they as a country stay in the EU. If any political leader thinks they can any longer mislead the population in order to get a desired result, they are deluding themselves.

We have voted out, that's it, I can't see anyway for a new referendum or the UK Parliament turning their back on the result.

It's done, we out, some people will see the negative side some will see the positive side, we all can't be happy with the situation.

Like any situation there will be opportunities, we can either continue to look for the opportunities or continue to state the negatives.

But fellows, let's stop the personal attacks, the name calling should stop, let's debate the issue not the person.

I can't stand the thought of Johnson or Gove leading the Conservatives, Johnson has too many hiccups, although he is a career politician, and Gove can't stand the NHS. In fact, I think I may have to vote Lib Dem's in the next general, if this happens.

However, I wouldn't be doing it so they can't run the Article 50 negotiations, it's obvious that it needs to be a Brexit supporter

Exactly, no one who backed remain should not be given a position of power.

But why only consider one of the currently known parties? Not suggesting UKIP (not suggesting any party) but they would at least be desperate to make it work.

I don't trust any politician who doesn't address central banking.
It's time for a totally new system for running countries - I'm not pretending to know what that may be, but the current system breeds division, is corrupt to the core, and doesn't serve the people.

We have voted out, that's it, I can't see anyway for a new referendum or the UK Parliament turning their back on the result.

It's done, we out, some people will see the negative side some will see the positive side, we all can't be happy with the situation.

Like any situation there will be opportunities, we can either continue to look for the opportunities or continue to state the negatives.

But fellows, let's stop the personal attacks, the name calling should stop, let's debate the issue not the person.
I have not once said that god opened the heavens over London on Thursday to ensure that we would leave the EU. And if I did I would expect to be severely criticised . That is why we think before we comment, and if it's stupid we do get criticised. Over sensitive people should not be on forums and nobody has a divine right to not be subject to the normal rules.
You can't just make up new rules so as to make your own approach easier or to win your point.
It's a bit like the race card was used to muffle the subject of immigration.

Exactly, no one who backed remain should not be given a position of power.

I'd go further, any MP who backed remain should be put on trial for treason. Technically I think here are real laws that are on the statute books which would allow the prosecution of individuals in Parliament and even on this forum.

I'd go further, any MP who backed remain should be put on trial for treason. Technically I think here are real laws that are on the statute books which would allow the prosecution of individuals in Parliament and even on this forum.

Speechless ...

I have not once said that god opened the heavens over London on Thursday to ensure that we would leave the EU. And if I did I would expect to be severely criticised . That is why we think before we comment, and if it's stupid we do get criticised. Over sensitive people should not be on forums and nobody has a divine right to not be subject to the normal rules.
You can't just make up new rules so as to make your own approach easier or to win your point.
It's a bit like the race card was used to muffle the subject of immigration.

I did not mentioned any name but you choose to responds, are you doing any personal attacks lately?

This is a debate/discussion/arguments, we all pick a side and defend that side, no need for personal attacks.
Personal attacks take focus away from the point, starting a defence of a point with 'you have your head in your arse' or been naive, or deluded, does not really had any weight to the arguments, it's just personal insult.

You seems to have answer to every statementsingle anyway, why the personal attacks.

Off cause you will come back with answer, let me go and get myself a tea.

Stop the insult is not changing the rules andandi it's not like playing racist card on immigration, that is your usual reply to everybody's statement on immigration, that said you @websaway have made racist comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom