Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction. The rich may have mostly voted remain, but that isn't the same as saying it was mostly the rich that voted remain. This is a subtle but crucial distinction to recognise.

As an analogy, not all people voting Leave were dumbass racists - but most of the dumbass racists would have voted Leave.
Doesn't alter the fact that most of the rich voted remain. Must be the first time ever the dumbass racists got one over on the rich .
Hey if anyone wanted to blame anyone about the leave vote. They should blame the very rich like Richard Branson, Tony Blair, Bob Gobdoff. They really alienated the ordinary people of England. And the one who really lost it for them was Eddie Izzard whose intentions were good, but so far removed from reality.

anyway yes, I accept the grammatical mistake.

Doesn't alter the fact that most of the rich voted remain. Must be the first time ever the dumbass racists got one over on the rich .

Have you got any evidence for this? We know that rural areas voted leave and we know that older people voted leave. I'd suggest that older people in rural areas are generally richer than younger people in urban areas.

Plenty of rich dumbass racists out there too

Just wondering if anyone has any views on the merits of us celebrating an independence day with a bank holiday annually. June 23 would mean more times than not the weather would be good for street parties etc.

Have you got any evidence for this? We know that rural areas voted leave and we know that older people voted leave. I'd suggest that older people in rural areas are generally richer than younger people in urban areas.

Plenty of rich dumbass racists out there too
I meant most of the very rich.

Just wondering if anyone has any views on the merits of us celebrating an independence day with a bank holiday annually. June 23 would mean more times than not the weather would be good for street parties etc.

You're suggesting we have a day to celebrate the most divisive event in the UK in living memory? Possibly since the civil war? Perhaps that might be seen by some as just a tad tasteless. But then you're a Katie Hopkins fan, so obviously you don't give a flying &^%*about taste, decency or tact.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant most of the stinking rich.

No you didn't, because you then went on to make a separate point about the very rich.

So what's the cut off point? How much money for you to disapprove of the 'stinking rich'? I'd imagine a bit more than you've got

No you didn't, because you then went on to make a separate point about the very rich.

So what's the cut off point? How much money for you to disapprove of the 'stinking rich'? I'd imagine a bit more than you've got
That's not a good expression. Your like a dog with a bone when you get hold of something.
A bit of advice, chill out, you'll develop high blood pressure and it's not worth it. Celebrate democracy at it's finest and the fact that we have rescued it. It was me that told you to back Brexit at 7/4 to hedge your position, couldn't be any fairer than that.
Every time you find yourself frothing at the mouth, just count to ten.

It's the expression you used before you edited your post.

My blood pressure is at exactly the mid point of the healthy range, but thanks for your concern

Rather than telling me to relax, you could respond to the content

So was it not a case of the EU giving institutions here money, kind of like bribes, to say "heyy you can't leave, look how much we do for you!" when they're just giving us back our own money to begin with?

Pretty much correct.

Stuff like that is happening all over the country.
Any more examples? I can't find any on a quick check of Google News

People feel "permitted" since the Leave result to behave in ways they wouldn't have before because it has provided the racists with "validation"
Any evidence for this? Or is it just your opinion?

My reason for asking is some EU laws trump UK law, in the UK.. how is that acceptable? doesn't that totally go against democracy

A very good point that I would be interested to hear opinions on from the remainers.

Given that you support far right parties and espouse far right ideology while quoting far right extremist conspiracy theories, you should probably stop identifying as centre-left.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

"Support far right parties?" I don't support any political party mate...I'd like to get rid of all politicians and replace them with a fairer system less open to corruption and more reflective of the views of the people. Does that sound far-right to you, mate?

Any more examples? I can't find any on a quick check of Google News

Any evidence for this? Or is it just your opinion?

Go to Twitter.
Search for "racist abuse"
Switch to "all tweets"

There was a whole bunch of reports coming up against the #brexit tag but I couldn't possibly tell you where since there are hundreds of thousands of tweets (I imagine I've read about 10k of them myself!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom