Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now multiply that by hundreds of local authorities all over the country...
Are you implying that hundreds of local authorities across the country have lied to people, on a mass scale?

Perhaps that was the real project fear: the fear that comes after the vote closed
In your opinion? and what fear?

Lol, the irony! Cornwall backs Brexit, demands to keep EU funding

Maybe a language thing, but 'Demands to keep EU funding' is incorrect.

They will continue to get the money already allocated.
They are asking that the grants they have been receiving, be kept up by the government, which will be something for the Cornwall MPs to campaign for.

Interesting to see the lies the local Leave camp told the electorate.

Now multiply that by hundreds of local authorities all over the country...

Perhaps that was the real project fear: the fear that comes after the vote closed.

This referendum resulted into the victory of "fear of unknown" and "herd mentality". While world is becoming a global village, where economies are interconnecting, we have successfully managed to isolate ourselves. Pound is struggling, over night we have become poorer and under more debt than we were yesterday http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

we have successfully managed to isolate ourselves
How? Have we turned ourselves into North Korea overnight? No, didn't think so...

Pound is struggling
Due to traders gambling on a stay, and loosing. Just like those saying the 3% FTSE was 'dire' its all rubbish and nothing worse than Tesco posting bad results.

over night we have become poorer and under more debt than we were yesterday
Have 'we'? I haven't.

More doom and gloom posts. Cheer Yourself up :)

How? Have we turned ourselves into North Korea overnight? No, didn't think so...

Due to traders gambling on a stay, and loosing. Just like those saying the 3% FTSE was 'dire' its all rubbish and nothing worse than Tesco posting bad results.

Have 'we'? I haven't.

More doom and gloom posts. Cheer Yourself up :)

Beside all other reaction buttons, Agree, Like, Funny etc, I want FacePalm the most :):rolleyes:

Beside all other reaction buttons, Agree, Like, Funny etc, I want FacePalm the most :):rolleyes:
I want a 'Just answer the friggin question' one.

Can you answer it?

That's what a debate is. You state a view, someone questions, you answer. If your answer is 'I want a FacePalm' then your original statement really wasn't that strong.

Sorry about to get on a train. If you read Cornwall article again you'll see where the Leave camp said no funding would be affected.

Fact they're now having to beg for it implies earlier statement had no foundation = lie

Fact they're now having to beg for it implies
Where does it say they are begging for it?

Leave said no funding effected.

No where does it say that has no foundation. Can you cut some quotes from that article, as I feel really STUPID* debating this with you, when your using terms with meanings not in that article linked.

Unless, of course your making it all up????????

*calling myself stupid, and stating I feel stupid is not against the rules, I believe.

@admin following PM, this is a classic example.

I want a 'Just answer the friggin question' one.

Can you answer it?

That's what a debate is. You state a view, someone questions, you answer. If your answer is 'I want a FacePalm' then your original statement really wasn't that strong.

To be honest I do not believe there are rights or wrongs here, we can make it with or without EU, I just believe we were not supposed to fix what is not broken. This system was not broken, this referendum was not needed, what it really needed was reforms with in the system, for which all sides failed. Now that it has happened, I see massive dip in the economy, pound is not going to be what it was yesterday, not anytime soon, regardless of all the gambling and temporary jolts, it is not going to be same since there won't be free trades, visas etc and our national debt is going to surge at faster pace now.

Also, I believe immigration is not a problem, UK is getting educated labour who pay regular taxes and contribute towards society. There are tons of doctors, engineers, accountants, miners, mechanics, barbers and so on who come down here, work hard and pay taxes, that pay for our pensions and other benefits. Breaking away from EU, is not going to make it impossible for us to survive, but it will definitely be difficult to manage without all the benefits that we took for granted.

From the article:

Brexit campaigners also promised Cornwall would receive equal or better investment before the vote.

That was clearly a "promise" they were in no position to make, as the earlier part of the article affirmed.

From the article:

That was clearly a "promise" they were in no position to make, as the earlier part of the article affirmed.

Right ok...... so where does it say they are begging for it????

Where does it say they won't get it??????

How do you know they were in no position to make the promise? Do you know who made it?

Do you know they won't get it?

Seems to me like your taking one comment, and twisting it to fit your argument that isn't working.

This referendum resulted into the victory of "fear of unknown" and "herd mentality". While world is becoming a global village, where economies are interconnecting, we have successfully managed to isolate ourselves. Pound is struggling, over night we have become poorer and under more debt than we were yesterday http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/
We have not isolated ourselves, we have extricated ourselves.
We can now be part of that so called global village and still retain our identity and our democracy, not the isolation of 28 countries and loss of sovereignty.

They can't promise something first then ask for it afterwards. The simple action of having to ask for it makes it clear they didn't know beforehand they would definitely get it.

About to lose cell signal for a while

Here's a different take on it. I was born an EU Citizen, it's all I have known. Now I am not, it has been taken away from me (or will be in 2 years). I use the benefit of that right by living, working and paying taxes in another European country. Feels wrong.

They can't promise something first then ask for it afterwards. The simple action of having to ask for it makes it clear they didn't know beforehand they would definitely get it.

WHERE WAS THE BEGGING WORD USED?????

Anyone can turn anything to the pessimist side by using the appropriate words. And thats what you have done.

They can't promise something first then ask for it afterwards.
Says who? Any law against this? Thought this was called politics.

To be honest I do not believe there are rights or wrongs here, we can make it with or without EU, I just believe we were not supposed to fix what is not broken. This system was not broken, this referendum was not needed, what it really needed was reforms with in the system, for which all sides failed. Now that it has happened, I see massive dip in the economy, pound is not going to be what it was yesterday, not anytime soon, regardless of all the gambling and temporary jolts, it is not going to be same since there won't be free trades, visas etc and our national debt is going to surge at faster pace now.

Also, I believe immigration is not a problem, UK is getting educated labour who pay regular taxes and contribute towards society. There are tons of doctors, engineers, accountants, miners, mechanics, barbers and so on who come down here, work hard and pay taxes, that pay for our pensions and other benefits. Breaking away from EU, is not going to make it impossible for us to survive, but it will definitely be difficult to manage without all the benefits that we took for granted.

It is broken and the model didn't work for us.
If you want evidence of that it has to be that we did not join the Euro and we did not sign up to the Schengen agreement.
Free movement is not designed to relocate huge numbers of people from underprivileged countries to countries that are not comfortable accepting them.

If you want evidence of that it has to be that we did not join the Euro and we did not sign up to the Schengen agreement.
We were not really committed to the project as a whole.
Free movement is not designed to relocate huge numbers of people from underprivileged countries to countries that are not entirely comfortable accepting them.

Free movement is not designed to relocate huge numbers of people from underprivileged countries to countries that are not comfortable accepting them.

That is where I would disagree, it was not broken, it was on its way to learn and mature. It definitely needed better regulations, there is always room for progress and it was in best of our interest to let the process complete its evolutionary cycle.

On a different note, the latest invoice I received from a foreign supplier has an additional charge added to it, because now pound is not what it was yesterday and I have to pay it out of my savings that I was maintaining for my mortgage.

That is where I would disagree, it was not broken, it was on its way to learn and mature. It definitely needed better regulations, there is always room for progress and it was in best of our interest to let the process complete its evolutionary cycle.

On a different note, the latest invoice I received from a foreign supplier has an additional charge added to it, because now pound is not what it was yesterday and I have to pay it out of my savings that I was maintaining for my mortgage.
So the organisation needed to learn and mature and it needed better regulations.
bit ambiguous but good luck with that one.

Well the pound could be $1.75 later on in the year and you would recuperate your losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom