Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear the Leave campaign are winging it and should have had a plan ready to go. The delay to Invoke Article 50 creates uncertainty on both ends. It's Like deciding to Leave a Company and saying to the Company I need to sort out some issues at home before handing in my notice but I am definitely resigning.! Its okay to say "we will be fine" but that is not a PLAN. If you really think about it immigration may rise short term as some Europeans might think we better get in now before any rule changes and furthermore anyone here at the time of our exit will be grandfathered into new Laws.
#
Yes, ideally the PM should have said from outset, we will lay out the facts in a level and controlled manner and let the people decide. If we leave this is our plan. So it's not the Brexiters who have not got a plan, it's the government.

So yes it is about control, you perhaps didn't pick up on that during the campaign, probably because you thought people who were concerned about uncontrolled immigration were racist.

Most of the movement we have from the EU is "Migration" not "Immigration" this happens both ways. But I'm afraid leavers have voted for something that will never happen "A reduction in immigration" to the tens of thousands. Urmm Non EU immigration is at 180,000 Plus. The Entire population of EU nationals in the UK are around 5% people have voted with Fear, A fear that shouldn't exist and only exists in ones way of thinking , A fear not based on facts but manifested through emotion! and when you make decisions based on emotions you are not critically thinking!.

Congratulations to the leave campaign. May the far right bring you all you've ever dreamed of.
The irony of posters depicting Merkel as a Nazi is perhaps beyond you.
dummy-spitter.jpg

#
Yes, ideally the PM should have said from outset, we will lay out the facts in a level and controlled manner and let the people decide. If we leave this is our plan. So it's not the Brexiters who have not got a plan, it's the government.

That's ridiculous. How can someone simultaneously plan for something they see as so super-destructive they spend every waking moment warning against it?

The result last night was achieved by the Leave campaign. The fall-out is entirely theirs to deal with too. They have provided countless assurances that things will be great - experts be damned - so it's time for the whole country, Leave and Remain camps, to hold them to their statements.

They are the ones to deservedly reap the plaudits should everything go swimmingly.

But if, as many fear, everything goes to pot, then it behooves all of us to remember EXACTLY who was responsible: Johnson, Gove, Grayling, Farage, Duncan Smith, Patel, Redwood, Lawson, Lamont, Rees-Mogg and the rest of the gang.

When you consider how people hold the Lib Dems accountable for their "betrayal" on tuition fees... Well, many, many, many people will not forget being betrayed by a small clique of know-nothing, expert-mocking liars into voting for the death of the UK.

For everyone's sake, I so desperately hope the experts are wrong. But I fear they're not.

Time will tell - perhaps less time than we think!

It must take some serious mental gymnastics to go from explicitly stating a need to reduce migration one minute to saying you never meant that anyway the next.

Did enjoy a moment of levity as Boris announced he was proud of us being the 5th largest economy just as we dropped down to 6th.

Those who think the FTSE drop wasn't too bad might like to try denominating it in dollars - the Americans have had a field day buying up our distressed assets

If the Leave campaign was serious they would have had Pre exit discussions and had a plan in place. Every Leave campaigner today have said lets wait a few months and have informal discussions now, oh the markets will be happy to wait right investors love uncertainty. Nigel almost conceded defeat before the count! they didn't campaign to win :) It reminds me of Donald Trump . Trump runs to boost his image and accidentally wins and now he is like oops I won what do I do now I better start having real plans instead of repeating "we will bring jobs back" as if just repeating that is a plan in itself.

Hot off the press just a few minutes ago...

President Barack Obama stands by his comment that Britain will move to the back of the queue when it comes to trade deals with the United States after Brexit, the White House said on Friday.

For a little bit of context, £250 billion was wiped off the wider stockmarket today. That's money that will have vapourised in large part from pension funds. It's also 25 years worth of EU contributions...

... but I'm so looking forward to reaping the benefits when we Take Back Control.

Ah, what I did there was combine more than one concept in a single point. Ask an adult
I am all for people making their own choices in life, who am i to judge. Unless it involves cutting peoples heads off for no reason that is.

For the domain Investors cheering Leave, If somehow Scotland exits the UK or Sinn Fein gets their Wish and causes a UK breakup. All your .co.uk domains turns into dust. New Landrush for .eng :) . Might sound crazy but any serious investor needs to think beyond a few months and how serious this decision is. anyway time for bed .

For the domain Investors cheering Leave, If somehow Scotland exits the UK or Sinn Fein gets their Wish and causes a UK breakup. All your .co.uk domains turns into dust. New Landrush for .eng :) . Might sound crazy but any serious investor needs to think beyond a few months and how serious this decision is. anyway time for bed .

You can't stop the world changing, you have to roll with the punches

Doors close and doors open

You can't stop the world changing, you have to roll with the punches

Doors close and doors open

Actually, you really could. We all could.

The grand UK ship was sailing along just fine yesterday - there was no explicit obligation to torpedo it below the waterline.

The latest estimate:

Brexit has already wiped $2.08 trillion (yes, with a T!) off global markets.

That's $119,466 per Leave vote cast.

No wonder the rest of the world is angry right now!

Those with nothing to lose don't care. As a country what we did wrong was allowing a situation to develop where far too many people had nothing to lose. We were too London centric, we became too unequal, we failed to educate people enough, we failed to offer a narrative of hope and aspiration. Now we reap the whirlwhind

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom