Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're being misleading because it's been obvious for a while that the EU vote would be extremely close and could easily have gone either way (I said so myself), whereas Corbyn and electoral success are miles apart as shown in last year's elections as well as in the vast gulf between his positions (immigration, benefits, Trident) and the beliefs of the country at large.
Thanks, that was really interesting.

I was genuinely shocked to see so many Vote Leavers still repeating the "take back control" line in interviews today. Almost as if they didn't realise (or didn't believe) that their camp had won! There were no hard answers coming from them on anything at all - which is immensely worrying since many of them are going to be the ones in charge of steering the unwieldy ship of state away from the rocks.

This Guardian editorial is, I think, also worth a read.

The Guardian view on the EU referendum: the vote is in, now we must face the consequences
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-vote-is-in-now-we-must-face-the-consequences

The situation is now that the remainers will talk about the consequences of leaving. They will ignore the consequences of remaining. Over half the electorate have spoken . We have had an out vote, in is not an alternative, we are once again a sovereign nation and the majority of the electorate did not agree with your desired destination.
The ship has turned and is heading in a different direction , welcome aboard.

It's become obvious that the two main parties cannot be trusted to deliver a smooth transition, or to work in the best interests of us all...because their hearts aren't in it.
Politicians have big egos, and (perhaps subconsciously) they will want to be able to say 'told you so'. And they can only say that if they make a bad job of it. They have no incentive to do the best they can.
Ever heard a politician say 'you were right, I was wrong'?
Neither have I.

The situation is now that the remainers will talk about the consequences of leaving. They will ignore the consequences of remaining. Over half the electorate have spoken . We have had an out vote, in is not an alternative, we are once again a sovereign nation and the majority of the electorate did not agree with your desired destination.
What has this got to do with the post of mine that you quoted?

The fact is, we are leaving so they are they only real consequences that can be discussed. It is not a question of ignoring the consequences of remaining as now no one can say what they would have been - it is only conjecture.

As a member of the electorate who voted (one of the 48%), I/we still have the right to comment and have our voices heard, just as if the result had been the other way around, the leave voters would have had.

Yes, the "ship has turned", but we are still on board.

I can't believe that some of you Leave camp folk, even after scoring a definitive victory, still feel obliged to resort to personal attacks in your responses to me!

Snap out of it. Discuss the TOPIC or stay out. But there shouldn't be any statements referencing ME.
I simply can not believe you are still trying to justify the scaremongering of the leave campaign. It undermines your intelligence. The topic you are referring to is history.
The experts as they are described, over exaggerated the leave scenario.
The electorate did not like uncontrolled immigration and loss of sovereignty.
I don't know which bit of the country did not want to trade off it's independence, you don't understand.
And what the government did not understand is that John and Mary in Hartlepool do not give a damn if the stock market drops or the pound goes down, like millions of others, they could not be any worse off than they are now.
And just to confirm, 75% of young people voted in, and still didn't win.
They won't know for a number of years how wrong they were.
That's more than a little unfair, no matter what your political inclination.

He has worn himself out criss-crossing the country over the last few months warning of the perils of brexit. His warnings have been loud, specific, clear.

We are only about 9 hours into a "definitive" brexit environment, and already many of the warnings have come true:
- Scotland renewing calls for independence
- Northern Ireland making independence rumblings
- Economic turmoil
- Job losses (again, remember we're only 9 hours in and already cuts of several thousand positions have been announced!)
- etc. etc.

It is therefore utterly unsurprising, and indeed quite understandable, for him to be unwilling to clean up this impossible mess that he poured so much energy and passion into warning the country against in the first place.

You and the MP were and are ignoring the consequences of remaining.
72% of the electorate turned out and 17,410,742 did not agree with the PM and that's unusual.

The fact is, we are leaving so they are they only real consequences that can be discussed. It is not a question of ignoring the consequences of remaining as now no one can say what they would have been - it is only conjecture.

As a member of the electorate who voted (one of the 48%), I/we still have the right to comment and have our voices heard, just as if the result had been the other way around, the leave voters would have had.

I think they're worried we'll be holding them responsible!

Yes , good stuff.

I can't believe that some of you Leave camp folk, even after scoring a definitive victory, still feel obliged to resort to personal attacks in your responses to me!

Snap out of it. Discuss the TOPIC or stay out. But there shouldn't be any statements referencing ME.

I would answer this, but @websaway summed it up really well :)

Even the Leave campaign are not in a hurry to Leave :) I don't really think Boris and Nigel ever thought the Leave campaign had a chance. No plans to leave, No plans to move forward, No idea where we are heading, it is not a surprise invoking article 50 has been placed on hold. 81 percent of the UK population are indigenous white British, the Black population about 3% , Asian 7%, EU nationals 5% illegals less than 1% maybe slightly more other 4% Now even if you immediately deported half the EU nationals the population will still be quite high, I have met people in my area who think somehow voting out will bring immigration down as a whole. This will Not happen, Most of the migration is LEGAL , people marrying other nationals, foreign born citizens , investors moving businesses and staff etc I live in a small town with hardly any EU migrants but the number one issue here is immigration "Fear nothing but Fear itself I guess.

Not all people who voted Brexit were stupid - but all stupid people voted Brexit.*

*Forget evidence and polls to demonstrate that - we're in the post-expert age now :)

clu2oluwqaapwi-jpg.1243

Better with music...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can you do a poster for this?...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Probably the funniest bit of this whole referendum is seeing all those towns, which have no immigrants, to vote against immigrants. London has most amount of EU immigrants, and yet they voted to remain in EU.

Probably the funniest bit of this whole referendum is seeing all those towns, which have no immigrants, to vote against immigrants. London has most amount of EU immigrants, and yet they voted to remain in EU.
Not many in Scotland. Why do you think that is?

I think they're worried we'll be holding them responsible!
Not all people who voted Brexit were stupid - but all stupid people voted Brexit.*

*Forget evidence and polls to demonstrate that - we're in the post-expert age now :)
Should always listen to the experts about what's wrong with the country.
who are the experts ? the electorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom