Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the scenarios that the widely derided experts have been putting so much energy into warning about.

There's no fear in that, they're just describing the world as it is now.

And what were the scenarios the so-called 'experts' were predicting at 10 o'clock last night?

Were they right, or were they wrong?

And what were the scenarios the so-called 'experts' were predicting at 10 o'clock last night?

Were they right, or were they wrong?

• They were predicting that if Scotland voted Remain but England voted Leave, there would be a call for a second referendum -> already came true
  • They were predicting that the matter of the Ireland/Northern Ireland border would be a real issue, regardless of how the Leave camp spun it as business as usual -> already shown to be true
  • They were predicting that the short-term financial market impact of brexit would be entirely negative -> already came true
  • They were predicting that the EU was likely to seek to punish the UK for voting out -> in progress, but there has already been a lot of talk at senior levels of the EU suggesting that the wheels are in motion for this (and Cameron will be outside the room when the other 27 countries meet next week to discuss the UK's fate)
There's probably more, but I'm working on 2.3 hours sleep in the last 36, and I can hardly see straight!

I can hardly see straight!

Can you see this?...

Untitled.png

The so-called 'experts' didn't.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Thanks, that was really interesting.

I was genuinely shocked to see so many Vote Leavers still repeating the "take back control" line in interviews today. Almost as if they didn't realise (or didn't believe) that their camp had won! There were no hard answers coming from them on anything at all - which is immensely worrying since many of them are going to be the ones in charge of steering the unwieldy ship of state away from the rocks.

This Guardian editorial is, I think, also worth a read.

The Guardian view on the EU referendum: the vote is in, now we must face the consequences
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-vote-is-in-now-we-must-face-the-consequences

Edwin, you're doing it again. Just stop it, or we'll just keep picking it up and running with it :)

Economic turmoil

Where??? Seriously, where?? FTSE closed down 3.15%. Its had bigger falls due to snow, leaves on the line, Tesco farting.
Currency markets are currently swamped with Sterling as traders gambled..... and lost.

France and Spain are down 10 to 12% on their exchanges.Some experts are now saying this is due to us having been holding up, with the close association, and they are now heading to where they should be!

Scotland renewing calls for independence
Something that will be continued by the SNP until they get it, regardless of FA else.

Northern Ireland making independence rumblings
Which started back before the EU was even a spunk in its Daddies balls.Don't you remember the IRA??????

Job losses
Again, where?????

Whats gonna be next? That old ladies scared of blue rinse prices, beer getting to many people drunk, smoking causing cancer........

Until you can prove things, something which you have really struggled to do all he way through, then come up with better arguments.

realistically, the British people are not going to vote for Corbyn so we are likely to have the right of the Tory party in charge.
And yesterday you didn't think they would vote 'leave'.
You're being misleading because it's been obvious for a while that the EU vote would be extremely close and could easily have gone either way (I said so myself), whereas Corbyn and electoral success are miles apart as shown in last year's elections as well as in the vast gulf between his positions (immigration, benefits, Trident) and the beliefs of the country at large.

- Job losses (again, remember we're only 9 hours in and already cuts of several thousand positions have been announced!)
The Morgan Stanley rumour was denied by them, has there been something I've missed?

• They were predicting that if Scotland voted Remain but England voted Leave, there would be a call for a second referendum -> already came true
  • They were predicting that the matter of the Ireland/Northern Ireland border would be a real issue, regardless of how the Leave camp spun it as business as usual -> already shown to be true
  • They were predicting that the short-term financial market impact of brexit would be entirely negative -> already came true
  • They were predicting that the EU was likely to seek to punish the UK for voting out -> in progress, but there has already been a lot of talk at senior levels of the EU suggesting that the wheels are in motion for this (and Cameron will be outside the room when the other 27 countries meet next week to discuss the UK's fate)
There's probably more, but I'm working on 2.3 hours sleep in the last 36, and I can hardly see straight!

And you have to ask experts to predict these obvious scenarios.
They did not predict that the public already new this and would vote out.
If Scotland had an election in the next couple of years they would vote to stay in the UK, the people who are calling for an election after all are an independence party.
I can just see our PM sitting on a school chair outside the room that they are meeting in and he feels they are talking about him.
the stock market is no lower than it was in February 2016
I think you are tired and I think this post is sour grapes, wake up , grow up and just try to empathise with the majority of the British electorate.

Whoever did this is very clever:

Clu2oluWQAApwi-.jpg

I think you are tired and I think this post is sour grapes, wake up , grow up and just try to empathise with the majority of the British electorate.

I think what we should all remember was that it was very close - 4%.
Yes, leave won - move on etc ...
BUT, it was a small difference in the scheme of things.

Remember, Nigel Farrage himself said there should be a rerun if it was 52-48 for remain ...
What is good for the goose ... comes to mind.

I can't believe that some of you Leave camp folk, even after scoring a definitive victory, still feel obliged to resort to personal attacks in your responses to me!

Snap out of it. Discuss the TOPIC or stay out. But there shouldn't be any statements referencing ME.

Reactions: VSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom