Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read what I said and ponder. Read about corbyn's history. If you support him I will respect that but understand, firstly how labour left the economy in 2010 and where the old far left labour would take us. I appreciate it is personal opinion and I fully respect your freedom to have yours.

I know about Labour party, I know about Corbyn, I worked in the city for over 2 decades, I know what went on between 2000 and 2008 and yes the mess was not labour creation, in fact Gordon was paying down UK debt in the early 2000 before we had the crash and when you say mess, you should atleast state the mess.

Yay!

I almost cant believe it - I'm positive that this is for the better for all of us, including Europeans. The EU is a corrupt entity that exists for it's own purpose. Europeans deserve better.

The UK will be better off; lighter on our feet; stronger (being joined to 26 weaker countries and rising could only ever dilute our strength); in control for the first time in 4 decades.

Can we deal with the banking system now please? :)

You won. Why not celebrate magnanimously, and let the people feeling despondent be despondent?

One thing I noticed on social media throughout the night is the disgusting slagging of whole cities and populations that 'democratically' voted out. It just showed the type of arrogance, ignorance and entitlement that ultimately a lot of the people in these places were voting against.

You won. Why not celebrate magnanimously, and let the people feeling despondent be despondent?
I didn't win and I am certainly not celebrating a situation that is going to test our countries resolve more than anything we have seen since the nineties. We got out of the abusive marriage but now we have to build a life outside of it, the marriage was financially secure but the abuse was a price not worth paying for that security.
If a car you are in is being driven over a cliff and you jump out, you might be happy you have not gone over the cliff but you still have to walk home.

I don't think it's time for celebration or sorrow but it's going to be exciting and eqaully challenging times ahead...

Bank of England will go on a huge bond buy back for the next few weeks.
Finance shares down sharply, and few others, indication of time to buy????

See the footsie is now back above 6K(-4.3%). Was- 8% drop at one point.

Liberal Democrat.

Geez, your due a win at some point. Your not a London Irish fan as well are you?

As a side note, if my posts get edited, can you please put a note into the post to state this. Something like 'Profanity removed by **Whoever**'. Or just star out some words. Thank You.

One thing I noticed on social media throughout the night is the disgusting slagging of whole cities and populations that 'democratically' voted out. It just showed the type of arrogance, ignorance and entitlement that ultimately a lot of the people in these places were voting against.

Totally agree with this, politicians are out of touch, have been for some time, these "anti establishment" votes are what will have swayed this vote. Another factor may have been older people were more likely to vote leave, more importantly they are also more likely to actually vote than younger people.

Wouldn't surprise me if other EU countries start looking to exit the EU as the UK sets an example.

There are already calls for a referendum in France and Holland.

Just out of interest you could have got 7/1 on a leave vote on Betfair last night!

Totally agree with this, politicians are out of touch, have been for some time, these "anti establishment" votes are what will have swayed this vote. Another factor may have been older people were more likely to vote leave, more importantly they are also more likely to actually vote than younger people.

Wouldn't surprise me if other EU countries start looking to exit the EU as the UK sets an example.
Might be a wake up call and lead to reform before others inevitably follow suit .

I'm so gutted this morning but at least the usual bores can no longer bore us about everything being the fault of the EU and migrants (though the latter is by no means guaranteed). The Labour leadership needs to shoulder more responsibility for this outcome than Cameron in my opinion. I like Corbyn but he's no leader material and he's too out of touch with the country.

I'm also very scared this morning that this country is now going to shift sharply to the right. There is already talk about the Brexiters - the far right of the Tory party - being given cabinet positions in a reshuffle. I just hope they don't proceed to rip up all our protections and rights. Because despite the rhetoric, they were as much the establishment elite as anyone.

I hope we do adopt an independence day. A day were we, like the Irish republic on st Patricks day, can celebrate our existance . I hope we can find something to motivate the country and put the pride back in Britain.

I'm so gutted this morning but at least the usual bores can no longer bore us about everything being the fault of the EU and migrants (though the latter is by no means guaranteed).

That's a fascinating point - politicians have lost a straw man that they have leant on, to a greater or lesser extent, for 40 years now. So next time stuff goes wrong, there will be (or should be) no ducking their responsibility for their actions.

I'm so gutted this morning but at least the usual bores can no longer bore us about everything being the fault of the EU and migrants (though the latter is by no means guaranteed). The Labour leadership needs to shoulder more responsibility for this outcome than Cameron in my opinion. I like Corbyn but he's no leader material and he's too out of touch with the country.

I'm also very scared this morning that this country is now going to shift sharply to the right. There is already talk about the Brexiters - the far right of the Tory party - being given cabinet positions in a reshuffle. I just hope they don't proceed to rip up all our protections and rights. Because despite the rhetoric, they were as much the establishment elite as anyone.
Nothing you make reference to is not going to be determined by democracy . The people have regained control, the politicians will realise they are now again answerable to the British people. The gravy train has come to an abrupt halt. It's back to work for all of them.

That's a fascinating point - politicians have lost a straw man that they have leant on, to a greater or lesser extent, for 40 years now. So next time stuff goes wrong, there will be (or should be) no ducking their responsibility for their actions.

That's right, instead of the blame game, the stand up and be counted game. Childish politics, it's his fault , it's their fault, it's not my fault. We need statesmen/ stateswomen, not representatives who simply report back about what someone else is doing to us. Diane Abbot this morning blaming the government, defending Jeremy. Don't blame everybody else, you are being paid to do a job, go and do it, if you can't, move over and let someone else do it.

Nothing you make reference to is not going to be determined by democracy . The people have regained control, the politicians will realise they are now again answerable to the British people. The gravy train has come to an abrupt halt. It's back to work for all of them.
Yes I know and I accept that. It's just that realistically, the British people are not going to vote for Corbyn so we are likely to have the right of the Tory party in charge. That's democracy, I know. But I just hope all those who profess to care about the man on the street will, over the coming years, stand up for workers' rights, food standards, consumer rights, environmental protections, etc. My fear is that they won't unless it's a very simple message that penetrates the Daily Mail and hits them personally and directly as opposed to indirectly. That's why I'm sad. I know we need to permit the democratic will of the people, I'm just fearful that we will be worse off. And that's to say nothing about what may now happen across Europe.

New PM should 100% be Teresa May for me. Talented, steady, bright, experienced.

Osborne has no chance. Boris has the mind, but not the world stage gravitas. Gove is too divisive (the entire teaching profession would be distraught).

Who the next Chancellor should be is less clear. I don't suppose for a moment that Osborne will have the support he needs to continue in the role. It might be nice to have someone with an economics background this time though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom