Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do leave campaign keep saying we need to introduce Australian style point system, we have it already but only apply to immigrants from outside the EU.

Now that we have voted out, we should respect all sides and let's make the best of the future.

The real question he will need to answer is really why he offered the referendum in the first place,I voted leave but I am not blind enough to wonder why such a monumental referendum was offered in the first place. There is so much to sort out, SNP will undoubtedly go for indy ref 2, I expect a mini recovery in the markets, nothing major but alot of activity during the night was speculators, by the end of friday a more realistic picture of sterling and the markets will appear.

From a personal view Cameron and Osbourne were the wrong face for remain, people are disillusioned with politics and I will admit had Cameron and Osbourne actually connected with the population this would never have happened.

I think Nigel Farage must have watched the film "independence day" for his speech.

So much pessimism about. I will now say, WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!! SOD ALL THOSE BLOODY 'EXPERTS' AND REPORTS.

However, a calm and measured head is still needed, as many stayers are almost crying on TV (anyone see Keith Vaz on BBC??).

edit- yes i've edited above, got my leave and stayers wrong way round lol

I think the BBC guy got it right. he said something like:

The markets will always try and make a quick buck. They thought they got it right, and that the UK would remain. But now they realise they ave it wrong, so have to scramble to try not to loose to much.

Give it a few days (if not hours) and all will smooth out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ChYo3GVW4AAgL0s.jpg

The real question he will need to answer is really why he offered the referendum in the first place,I voted leave but I am not blind enough to wonder why such a monumental referendum was offered in the first place.

That's definitely an interesting question "for the history books", but the answer would be completely irrelevant to the complex and rapidly evolving situation that's developing as a result of the vote for brexit.

And just to cheer everyone up :)

UK-Independence-Party-UKIP-leader-Nigel-Farage-650x432.jpg

Here was his prize pearl of wisdom this morning...

"Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, has told ITV’s Good Morning Britain that he thought it was a mistake for the Vote Leave campaign to say that it could save £350m a week by leaving the EU and that the money could go to the NHS."

Susanna Reid is one clueless person, her v Kay Burley would be an amazingly fun interview to watch. There would literally be no sense out of it.

I don't see why Nigel should get the blame for it @Edwin , it wasn't his campaign. He wasn't in Vote Leave. By the way though, he was actually saying that through the campaign, it's not like he has just started now.

Had I have been alive at the end of ww2. I would like to think that rather than dancing in the Mall, I would have sat quietly to spare thought for the millions who had died in what was a fruitless war other than the victory in defence of democracy and self determination.

The arrogance of the tory leader in the campaign is undeniable .
The underhanded selfishness of the labour leader with his hidden agenda, and his small supporting group of MP's now desperately holding on to what's left of their political ambitions. Listening to Diane Abbott blaming everyone and everything other than her beloved leader is nothing less than sickening .
What was the hidden agenda of labours outlook for immigration., the statement of uncapped immigration was a red rag to a bull. Surely they could detect that many millions of people could not all be racist.

Was it the race card that lost it ? Were people who spoke about immigration fed up to the teeth of being labelled racist and did the people who felt they could win every argument by the abusive use of race relations and convenient self selective rules of political correctness, in the end tip the balance.

Last edited:
Should have bought more gold yesterday. Financial markets will settle. Good result for the long term I feel. Here's to an interesting future...

@websaway
Firstly, well done on your pationate campaign, but Corbyn's statement of uncapped immigration is a correct one.

We can't cap immigration while we are in the EU, that the correct statement, but people spinning the statement.

The underhanded selfishness of the labour leader with his hidden agenda, and his small supporting group of MP's now desperately holding on to what's left of their political ambitions. Listening to Diane Abbott blaming everyone and everything other than her beloved leader .

One thing that has not been raised, when discussing Corbyn, is what happens in 11 days.

The labour party will be ripped apart. That might well be the reason he has kept a very, very low profile for a party leader. Caroline Lucas has had more of a profile than him. Half his party don't seem to support him, and the other half may well have to resign.

Chilcot report gets published on Iraq in 11 days.

@websaway
Firstly, well done on your pationate campaign, but Corbyn's statement of uncapped immigration is a correct one.

We can't cap immigration while we are in the EU, that the correct statement, but people spinning the statement.

Why on earth Corbyn didn't stick to his anti EU guns is beyond me. He sticks to his principles all the time, ever god dam losing principle that man has and he holds it closely until it explodes on him.

The one winning principle he has held for decades, and he ditches it. He's what we call a looser. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom