Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

FAO Admin

Reaction score
My upgraded sub was taken as usual at the start of the month but I'm been demoted to a normo, can you bump me back up please?

Hi, Sure, I've just done that. Sorry for that, it's very annoying but what happens periodically and randomly is that Paypal turns off IPN notifications, this stops auto upgrades and downgrades on accounts. I have no idea why it happens, would love to know if there is a solution anyone..?

By the way, your post here had no way of attracting my attention other than pure luck of seeing it if I visit which I have not for several days due to travel. You also posted on my profile which again didnt notify me outside of the site. The way to get someones attention on here, whether it be mine or another user is either write their username in a post with the @ before it e.g. @wonder_lander or send them a PM.

Again, sorry for the Paypal IPN issue.

Hi, Sure, I've just done that. Sorry for that, it's very annoying but what happens periodically and randomly is that Paypal turns off IPN notifications, this stops auto upgrades and downgrades on accounts. I have no idea why it happens, would love to know if there is a solution anyone..?

By the way, your post here had no way of attracting my attention other than pure luck of seeing it if I visit which I have not for several days due to travel. You also posted on my profile which again didnt notify me outside of the site. The way to get someones attention on here, whether it be mine or another user is either write their username in a post with the @ before it e.g. @wonder_lander or send them a PM.

Again, sorry for the Paypal IPN issue.
No problems :)

I couldn't PM because my account was over the PM limit (as it had been downgraded!). I also couldn't find any other contact details. Thanks for pointing out about the @ method, I'll use that in future!

Hi Guys, thanks for these alerts yesterday, I was at a funeral and wake so just dealing with this now. My apologies on behalf of paypal. Their IPN seems to randomly and autonomously turn itself off once or twice a year. Anyone know why and how I can prevent this @Adam H ? Which means it doesn't auto upgrade memberships when renewals are made. Seems to have stopped just before 12th of this month so I will check for any other users affected and fix manually. @wonder_lander and Scott - very sorry - I've upgraded your account and I owe you one. @timter51 ...likewise and I extended your annual sub by 2 months and a week as a gesture of goodwill.

Yes, been a full member for a number of months. I'll PM you the details across @Admin
Already resolved this, sorry, will give you a free extension.

I already EDITED my reply but you got to the original very quick!

@Adam H - i guess I can put the renewal date forward for Scott and wonder_lander and it will all work fine with paypal? So as to offer a gesture of good will...

Hi Guys, thanks for these alerts yesterday, I was at a funeral and wake so just dealing with this now. My apologies on behalf of paypal. Their IPN seems to randomly and autonomously turn itself off once or twice a year. Anyone know why and how I can prevent this @Adam H

Seems to be every time paypal upgrade their IPN it turns it off in your account, doesnt happen for everyone randomly, but there are a couple of people I know it happens to on a regular basis. Best solution I've recommended to those that it does happen to is to stop taking paypal. Switch to stripe ( needs an addon )

Hi Guys, thanks for these alerts yesterday, I was at a funeral and wake so just dealing with this now. My apologies on behalf of paypal. Their IPN seems to randomly and autonomously turn itself off once or twice a year. Anyone know why and how I can prevent this @Adam H ? Which means it doesn't auto upgrade memberships when renewals are made. Seems to have stopped just before 12th of this month so I will check for any other users affected and fix manually. @wonder_lander and Scott - very sorry - I've upgraded your account and I owe you one. @timter51 ...likewise and I extended your annual sub by 2 months and a week as a gesture of goodwill.

Sorry to hear about yesterday and thanks for sorting out, much appreciated

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom