Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Boosting the UK Domain Market: Highlighting the Value of .co.uk and .uk Domains

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
Acorn Domains has been the core community of the UK domain space for a long time. We believe that .co.uk and .uk domain names are just as valuable and powerful as the .com domains.

To reflect this value, we're making some changes to how we report domain sales at "Sold Domains" https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/forums/sold-domains.31/. Previously, we included all sales on Domain Lore, regardless of price. Also, all Acorn members have been enouraged to report their UK domain sales in this section.

Now we will be focusing on showcasing sales exceeding £1,000.

Why the change? We want to demonstrate the true potential of UK domains as strong assets. Reporting lower-priced sales doesn't fully represent the strength of the UK domain market.

This is just the first step. We're committed to further promoting the UK domain space. Soon, after completing our forum migration, we'll be exploring ways to integrate sales data from other popular marketplaces like Brandable, Flip, and Sedo.

Calling out all Marketplace owners and individual pro UK investors:
Do you run a large or small marketplace that sells .uk, .co.uk, or other UK domain names? Or, are you a professional UK domain investor? @Sam, @godaddy, @lazarus, @JamesTuplin and all the others!! We would We'd love to partner with you! Please contact us (me or Felix: @Admin) us to discuss how we can showcase your sales and collectively elevate the UK domain market even higher.
And, preferably, please include your Telegram link: we have found that Telegram works perfectly for organising group chats of individual members and our team.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Best wishes,
Helmuts
Telegram: https://t.me/helmutsm

p.s. I want to say personal Thank You to @Ryan Ewen who has been talking about this issue since I've had honour knowing him - message heard, buddy!!

I think this is a good idea. Showcasing bottom feeding isn't the way to make .UK names appreciate in value.

That's why I was surprised to see low previous sales prices on auctions on domainlore... showing a low previous sales price of a domain is a way to cap the price possibilities of a domain I would think. I wonder if my assumption is actually born out in the stats.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom