Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they lied and lied and lied. And that influenced the vote beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Did remain not lie?. They all lie. I didnt listen to any of them. I and im sure all people who voted leave had there own reasons for leaving.

I listened to a guy on news night last night who put up a good case in method for ridding the UK of racism, he really motivated me to try to do something and I was inspired by his message. At the very end of his interview he said " we should have a second referendum " his message was completely lost.

A realistic view of what's going on in the Mail today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...won-t-stop-relentlessly-negative-moaning.html

How many times are we going to go around the same little circle?

Leavers, you won. Congratulations. Take a bow. The result you wanted is the result you got. Now take a deep breath and accept your victory.

Meanwhile the Remainers are having to deal with the fallout, and will need to do so for months and years to come. There's depression, gloom, despair, and a genuine sense of panic, all wrapped up in a big cloying sticky mass of uncertainty. It's hard to sleep, to relax, to have fun. This isn't just me - of the twenty or so people I've spoken to since the result was announced (locally and friends and family further afield) everyone is feeling equally gut-punched.

We could all be wrong. I hope against hope that we are. But the only thing - I repeat, the ONLY thing - that will convince us that we are wrong is time, time that allows a scenario to unfold that's contrary to the nightmare seared into our collective consciousness.

Certainly not empty platitudes mixed with gloating. And categorically not exhortations to "get over it" as if it were a scraped knee or our team losing the football. All that does is harden attitudes already raw with mistrust.

I know people who are worried about their pensions, their savings, who are actively investigating second passports or changing nationality, whose friends or family are heartbroken because they can no longer be certain of being able to stay in the UK once the exodus from the EU is final, or who fear their life elsewhere in the EU is in peril. Meanwhile many of us are having trouble sleeping, or focusing on the necessary mundanities of jobs and day-to-day lives.

So many, many reasons to feel gloomy, to feel sad, to feel lost, and - whisper it softly - to feel betrayed. Not by the Leave voters, but by the politicians and campaigners who mixed up a deadly smoothie of lies, xenophobia and hate, and mushed it all together until it not only seemed passable but actually tasty to drink.

And, regardless of the camp we're in, one thing is certain: this thing isn't going to be over quickly. No, it's going to go on and on and on. The farce that is the government doesn't come to the punchline for at least a couple of months, and who knows when the comedy of errors that is the Opposition will take its curtain call. And then there's the political and legal tightwalk of when, and how, to invoke Article 50... which will fire the starting pistol on two bonus years of confusion and disappointment.

And all the while one part of the EU wants us gone now, pronto, immediately - and who could blame them? After all, our uncertainty is frying their stock and bond markets, damaging their growth, hurting their pension funds. (Read a real newspaper if you think I'm making this up!)

So savour your victory, Leavers. Dine out on it with your fellow Leave camp voters for a month of Sundays. You've earned it, you've got it. It's yours. Well done. Hats off. Splendidly played, and all that.

But for pity's sake, let the other 48% be. We have to deal with this nightmare somehow. This thread is a tiny, tiny help, but it still is a help.

Last edited:
How many times are we going to go around the same little circle?

I don't know Edwin. How many times are we going to go around the same little circle?! :)

Interesting to read about Andea Leadsom's background in banking. With May, could it be the first all-female ticket in UK politics?

Reading some of this I have to stand back and think if perhaps I am lacking empathy. I'm just working the years through and thinking what people have experienced. 2008 is eight years ago and was a shock to many people. So it may well be that I am slow to relate to people who have not lived through many recessions and perhaps fear downturns more than they need to. By leaving the EU I think we may be more financially secure and able to cope with economic shock better than if we were a member. I can see why some, particularly those that rely on EU funding, are so aggrieved but they represent a small percentage of society. I am certain that of the 48% who voted to remain most could not really give a hoot.

You don't have to be a professor to claim that "we was robbed" I can't understand that if he has been studying EU law for so long, why he had not got a better argument than what I've read. What he's basically saying is almost half the country disagree with the result. You don't have to have studied EU law to know that, you just have to be able to subtract 52 from 100. Now would his disappointment be that he is a so called expert in EU law. If he is really a legal person then he knows there is not much mileage in " that's not fair your honour".

Last edited:
Had a plumber round to install my fridge freezer - kept trying to give me expert advice on plumbing - bloody cheek

I didn't fight and die in the war defending our freedom just to be told how to run my own kitchen, thank you very much

Then after all that he wanted money off me. Just shows you, they're all just out for themselves

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...rs-caught-going-home-owner-s-possessions.html

/s

30 to 50,000 people marching on London to keep us in the EU. I must say I find myself in the most difficult situation ever because democracy has guided my entire life. What would the new order be like.

I think there are a lot of people marching, protesting and signing petitions at the moment who are not necessarily looking to overrule the choice of 52% of the country - they just feel a strong need to express their sadness, anger and fear.

I was one of those who signed the petition calling for a second referendum. As it happens, I don't actually believe it would be right to have a second referendum so close to the first without a material change of the situation. So why did I sign it? Because I felt a strong urge to add my voice to the roar of unhappiness up and down the country at the result. And because it could be done in a single click without leaving the comfort of my chair.

Call it futile, call it stupid, call it dishonest if you like, but the point I'm making is, don't read too much into the protests and the petition. Yes, some people are indeed calling for a second referendum, but for many, it's just cathartic.

Am I missing something, please explain to me.
I can understand self interest defining the way one thinks but.
This is never a man of intelligence saying this today.

From the stage set up in Parliament Square, Labour peer Michael Cashman told the crowd: "No more lies, no more hate. We need to uphold the values of democracy and inclusiveness which are at the heart of the EU and this country.
"We must not let right-wing, narrow-minded nationalism nor xenophobia define us. We are better than that. I honestly believe the disinformation in this campaign has undermined our democracy. Decent British values are also the values of the European Union."

"You cannot deny geography. The UK is in Europe. How can you take it out?" he said.

Am I missing something, please explain to me.
I can understand self interest defining the way one thinks but.
This is never a man of intelligence saying this today.

From the stage set up in Parliament Square, Labour peer Michael Cashman told the crowd: "No more lies, no more hate. We need to uphold the values of democracy and inclusiveness which are at the heart of the EU and this country.
"We must not let right-wing, narrow-minded nationalism nor xenophobia define us. We are better than that. I honestly believe the disinformation in this campaign has undermined our democracy. Decent British values are also the values of the European Union."

"You cannot deny geography. The UK is in Europe. How can you take it out?" he said.

Jeez what a prick Cashman is. Switzerland is in Europe but they don't get their leg lifted by the EU.

I'm getting seriously pissed off and insulted by these remainers who seem to think that leavers have been duped into voting that way...like they are mentally superior to have voted remain. I wanted out years ago...nothing any self serving lying piece of shit politician could have said would've changed that.

The sheer arrogance says so much about people like that.

Last edited:
But for pity's sake, let the other 48% be. We have to deal with this nightmare somehow. This thread is a tiny, tiny help, but it still is a help.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here, all I get on my social media feeds are remainers insulting the leavers, claiming anyone voting out did so because they are racist and crying about how unfair the vote was, there's no flag waving from the leavers, just frustration at the noise and complaints from the remain camp.

As a country we need to pick ourselves up and move forward and stop this in fighting, you're not going to help your jobs / pensions / savings by inward fighting, only by working out where we are going from here and how we can do this for the benefit of everyone (regardless of which box they ticked a few weeks ago)

In conclusion: the UK voted to leave the EU. The economy kind of melted. Nobody has a plan for what to do and everybody wants someone else to take responsibility – but the governing party are too busy stabbing each other in the back, while the opposition party is too busy being at war with itself. The UK might split up entirely. And we might have to vote on all this again in a few months time.

And all this has happened in one week.

We are all so tired and so confused. Please help us. Please.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/the-crisis-explained-maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom