Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I want to donate a domain name to a homeless charity or a foodbank

because I understand new gtlds and have owned many new gtlds and seen the traffic to the gtlds etc when I buy a domain I know before typing a domain in to a domain search engine whether the second keyword of a two keyword domain name is a gtld extension etc so when I see domain name portfolios of investors etc I gi down the list and that's a new gtld etc etc but basically a gtld is global same as a .com example my 00.solar new gtld etc not many domain names will rank organically in google search than 00.solar globally
https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2015/07/googles-handling-of-new-top-level

Specifically:
Q: How will new gTLDs affect search? Is Google changing the search algorithm to favor these TLDs? How important are they really in search?
A: Overall, our systems treat new gTLDs like other gTLDs (like .com and .org). Keywords in a TLD do not give any advantage or disadvantage in search.

Currently not seeing an advantage?

• gTLDs may not be known by general public
  • No ranking improvements for gTLDs

https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2015/07/googles-handling-of-new-top-level

Specifically:

Currently not seeing an advantage?

• gTLDs may not be known by general public
  • No ranking improvements for gTLDs
thats why Google changed it algorithm shorty after the issue of the new gtlds to favour brands instead of keywords etc but how does a person find a brand etc they can't guess a brand they don't know that's why the public still find the products they want online by typing the keyword in to Google etc Google will never be able to bypass the fact that the public will always type the keyword first to find a brand then they will type the brand afterwards

thats why Google changed it algorithm shorty after the issue of the new gtlds to favour brands instead of keywords etc but how does a person find a brand etc they can't guess a brand they don't know that's why the public still find the products they want online by typing the keyword in to Google etc Google will never be able to bypass the fact that the public will always type the keyword first to find a brand then they will type the brand afterwards
Would love to see some examples if you could share?

Of gtlds ranking well in Google after this algorithm update you mentioned.
I know how well gtlds rank etc but as I don't have a website etc as no need to as I have no interest in websites etc but used used to own a website just a bit of fun etc and I got the top organic image in Google for the term (sexy) no socialmedia channel could get past my organic ranking position as I own 5exy.xyz and 5exy.me

I know how well gtlds rank etc but as I don't have a website etc as no need to as I have no interest in websites etc but used used to own a website just a bit of fun etc and I got the top organic image in Google for the term (sexy) no socialmedia channel could get past my organic ranking position as I own 5exy.xyz and 5exy.me
So your website ranked not the domain

You literally have no idea what you're on about
been buying gtlds since 2013 I check namebio daily for daily sales of 100 sales on main page plus all new gtlds and emoji & idn sales and have done for years and dnjournal so basically I see approx 1000 domain name sold prices a week and very conversant with xn-- code and organic SEO

been buying gtlds since 2013 I check namebio daily for daily sales of 100 sales on main page plus all new gtlds and emoji & idn sales and have done for years and dnjournal so basically I see approx 1000 domain name sold prices a week and very conversant with xn-- code and organic SEO

So you've been buying for 9 years but not selling. That's your only actual experience. So what? Really there are people here who've made fortunes from domains and you've made nothing - yet you think you know more than them. The mind boggles. Remember the old adage 'sometimes it's better to say nothing etc etc' You have nothing to teach anyone and clearly you don't want to take on board any opinions or evidence. What do you hope to achieve with this long drawn out thread? We get it. You think gtlds are great. We know they're not. The end.

I didn't want to get drawn in, but this is like a crap soap opera :D

Why are you spending your time checking 000s of names when you could be disrupting the entire car parking industry? I know you said you couldn't be bothered, but for me that would be the best use of time*, and surely obvious?!

(* That and posting on here :D )

Example of what I wanted to achieve eg trying to donate a domain name to a charity etc I used to own the domains givefood. co.uk and givefood. uk when you could buy a .co.uk for £2.50 reg fee etc and I renewed both domains for about 3 years or so and then I let them expire because I wanted the domains to be used to give food and or access free food etc but I didn't do anything with the domain names etc but now someone has bought presumably both the .co.uk and .uk but the .co.uk doesn't resolve but they use givefood. uk as a redirect in to givefood. org .uk a charity that helps foodbanks and I couldn't be happier that the domain does what I originally wanted it to do even though I made no money on the domains and that's what I am trying to do by pairing my domains to the ideal charity based on my interests of foodbanks and homelessness as I also own foodbanks. xyz etc

So you spent some money, didn't do anything (lazy), then are happy someone else did and claim that as some kind of 'success'. Wow. No wonder you think watching videos makes you some kind of expert. You are definitely a troll. Who are you really?

The most efficient way for you to donate would have been through a charity collection box.

The harsh reality is...
All this time and money that you have spent on this goose chase, has equated to you donating much less than you could have.

Last edited:
The most efficient way for you to donate would have been through a charity collection box.

The harsh reality is...
All this time and money that you have spent on this goose chase, has equated to you donating much less than you could have.

He's too lazy to actually *go* and donate. However he will watch other people put money in the collection box and feel that he is very philanthropic for thinking about it and an expert watching them do it. He'll then preach about how everyone should do it and nobody understands him because he's a visionary.

So you spent some money, didn't do anything (lazy), then are happy someone else did and claim that as some kind of 'success'. Wow. No wonder you think watching videos makes you some kind of expert. You are definitely a troll. Who are you really?
domain name investing is only about the buying of domains and then putting them on auto renew and every so often negotiating an inbound sales enquiry it only takes 1 minute to buy a domain name etc not exactly difficult clicking add to cart etc too many domain name investors focus on sales when instead they should be focusing on buying domain names

Example of what I wanted to achieve eg trying to donate a domain name to a charity etc I used to own the domains givefood. co.uk and givefood. uk when you could buy a .co.uk for £2.50 reg fee etc and I renewed both domains for about 3 years or so and then I let them expire because I wanted the domains to be used to give food and or access free food etc but I didn't do anything with the domain names etc but now someone has bought presumably both the .co.uk and .uk but the .co.uk doesn't resolve but they use givefood. uk as a redirect in to givefood. org .uk a charity that helps foodbanks and I couldn't be happier that the domain does what I originally wanted it to do even though I made no money on the domains and that's what I am trying to do by pairing my domains to the ideal charity based on my interests of foodbanks and homelessness as I also own foodbanks. xyz etc

So to summarise, you paid to block a 'good' use of a domain for three years?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom