Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I want to donate a domain name to a homeless charity or a foodbank

"I could care less because most of my domains are not for sale as I enjoy owning them"

You realise this means the *exact opposite* of what you want to say? ;) Anyway you're right - we've gone off the point. My fault. I think your original question has been answered though.

domain name investing is only about buying and not selling - I don't want to sell any of my domains (everyone's domain name portfolio is different as is their strategy) mine is to buy and not to sell which is the best way to sell eg a person has to want to own a domain name more than the domain name owner that enjoys owning it etc which is the strategy I use based on 43 years finding numberplate words in UK personalised number plates and UK personalised plate companies are entering the domain name space and they have deep pockets and know to to run an aftermarket website etc

So no sales then? Ok. I guess we have a different definition of success. Mine is actually making money and yours is spending it on things you won't sell before you die. Your success is a lot easier and applies to 99% of the domain world. Congrats. :)

Allegedly
If you *could* care less then it means you care. Because you care enough that it is possible to care less. However I think you were trying to suggest you don't care at all in which case you *couldn't* care less.

I have made a few sales - a 5 letter .com for 99p at auction - pawn. express sold at auction for approx £10 and about 3 others that sold at auction for less than £30 combined but I didn't intend to sell 4 of them but I had a few renewals to renew all at once and some I had to let expire

I have bought approx 800 domain names across all categories of domains in a variety of domain name extensions in the past decade or so currently my investment shows a loss but I am ok with that

That's not good. I think you'd benefit from following someone like this on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/tonynames

Personally, I despise the guy I think he's full of shit. But so is 90% of the IDN community.
most domain name investors only expect to sell 2% of their portfolio each year so based on my 800 or so domains or a decade or so the average would be 20 domains ish

I think you also have to be realistic, though. See, my strategy in .uk domains has always been buy to make a profit, catch to make a profit, sell for profit. A lot of people here sit on domains for years expecting ££££££ from an end user. The truth, is that end users are hard to come by. Not impossible. But hard. Why wait 20 years for a "what if?" when I can make money now and move on to the next opportunity.

You have to realistic. Make your money.

Tomorrow you may be dead.
back in day elite registrations eg elitereg were one of the first to sell UK personalised number plates then regtransfers came along and took UK personalised number plates to a whole new level and raised the game and reg transfers have all the end users and celebs that only buy from reg transfers irrespective of price and reg transfers have their own website auction platform etc if reg transfers go in to domains they will be the biggest domain platform in the UK 2nd to none and elite reg domain platform is intervention.co.uk so I compare my domains to intervention.co.uk domains as that was were my passion for UK personalised number plates started 43 years ago

back in day elite registrations eg elitereg were one of the first to sell UK personalised number plates then regtransfers came along and took UK personalised number plates to a whole new level and raised the game and reg transfers have all the end users and celebs that only buy from reg transfers irrespective of price and reg transfers have their own website auction platform etc if reg transfers go in to domains they will be the biggest domain platform in the UK 2nd to none and elite reg domain platform is intervention.co.uk so I compare my domains to intervention.co.uk domains as that was were my passion for UK personalised number plates started 43 years ago

My inner monologue sounds like this guy when I read your posts. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

unpunctuated wall of text

Domains are not personalised number plates. Why would you think they are? You might as well buy a lottery ticket. That's not a business or an investment.

Domains are not personalised number plates. Why would you think they are? You might as well buy a lottery ticket. That's not a business or an investment.
the same skills used to buy personalised plates are the same skills used to buy domains etc and elite reg and reg transfers both advertise heavily In adverts etc it won't be long before there will be full page ads full of domains and then we will see what domain names are listed in those ads posted by UK domain name companies etc

You're not wrong with the comparison between the two. But you are way off the mark if you think RegTransfers will ever get into the domain industry lol.

RegTransfers are a big player in the UK domain name industry. They own some fantastic names.

eWizards on here.

I think the personalised plates business is quite a similar business (more like sedo or afternic really). But in terms of going into the domain registrars market, there has been such consolidation in that industry that the major players are gigantic. It would be really hard for a new entrant to have much of an impact any time soon or would cost them a fortune to do so (and of course we have the problem that until we get the Nominet member voting changed back to be fair to members the major players also have huge influence over what happens at Nominet).

You're not wrong with the comparison between the two. But you are way off the mark if you think RegTransfers will ever get into the domain industry lol.
all the things the current UK domain name industry doesn't do eg when was the last time you saw a full page of domains ad? by a domain aftermarket or domain broker or domain auction etc I haven't seen one etc all the current domain name infrastructure problems that the UK domain name industry has yet to solve regtransfers could solve in a week because it has already done so with personalised plates etc collecting personalised number plates to some might seem geeky or nerdy but regtransfers made it the norm as with domains most people outside domain name investing industry don't understand the power and value of domains etc all that etc there isn't many companies in the UK that can solve that but reg transfers

It's actually you that is completely off the mark as RegTransfers are already in the domain industry.

They hold quite a large portfolio of premium domains which when bought are done via their RegTransfers website. Bought one or two from them before. If I remember correctly the owner (or an employee?) has an account here on Acorn.
I just know the impact that reg transfers had on the UK personalised number plate industry eg they came in and owned it pretty much and they will do the same with domains but I would love to see reg transfers domain name portfolio

quite funny we are having this conversation on a day that a domain name was bought that will be one of future giants in bitcoin lending was bought etc check namebio oh and it's a new gtld not a .co.uk or .uk

I look at domain brokers sites like mrpremium .com and media options .com and I own gtlds that are easily good enough to go on mrpremium gtld page and two keyword.com s in the tech venture space I'd prefer to own my freecarparks.com than a .co.uk

Plus all those massive sales you made and the income you're raking in from all the parked earnings.... I can see why you'd prefer to stick with your 'business model'. But really you're talking to yourself now I think. Have fun.

PS Please learn about punctuation. It's not compulsory but you might find people more inclined to engage with you. Your posts make my eyes bleed.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom