Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NHS is being systematically run down and starved of funding to make the transition to private corporations an easier sell. No one can doubt that with the introduction of PFI's money is being drawn away from services to private companies who's main role is to make profit.

I don't see that in itself as being an EU issue...though when TTIP gets signed off it will be. Which is a worry.

Not specifically an EU issue, BUT, the "strain" on the NHS, Schools, etc is being used by the leave campaign as reasons to reduce immigration ... while a major reason is continual underfunding ... and perhaps as you say the Conservatives desire to privatise everything ...

I hear the remains, when they get stuck for argument they blame the government.

No, it's simply that in several cases the cause of the issue/s that the leave campaign is pointing out has been created inhouse and very little to do with the EU or immigration.

There are many reasons that we have a housing shortage ...
Allowing social housing to be bought by their tenants.
The growth in holiday homes (several councils have actually passed laws to try to stop this happening), which also has a knock on effect off-season of creating ghost towns.
Wages not going up in line with house prices.
More here:
http://www.economicsonline.co.uk/Competitive_markets/House_prices.html

@websaway,

I think you need to stick to your debate for Leave and stop all these other statements about Government, Blair, Corbyn etc, because as much as you make good point for Leave you also make rubbish comments about every other thing else.

Like I said to you in my previous post keep this argument to IN or OUT and stop bringing government policies that has nothing to do with IN or OUT.

Look at your recent statements about Corbyn, he is full of hate, he hate Blair, he hate Monarch and he hate capitalism, did you speak with him and he told you that he hate all these. You sat in front of your TV and PC and you make up your opinion on people. I cannot remember him saying he hate anybody talk less of the ones above. Not liking or not agreeing with people or a thing does not mean hate.

Making a 'thing' out of Corbyn voting against the government is what is wrong with our democracy, you have a parliament that we elect our MPs to serve us, still they can’t vote freely, they have to go with the WHIP which is appointed by the leader of the party who happen to be appointed by his party members and he only get to be PM because his party won more MP than the others, which means we now have a leader we did not vote for, who appoint a WHIP to make sure that every other MPs support his policies and when they don’t, they are called rebels. If you don’t notice, we have the likes of Jeremy Corbyn on both sides and that’s politics.

You are able to tell us that Corbyn voted 500 times against his government, are you able to tell us how many times did he voted for the government policies or that does not matter since it does not fit into your smear campaign on Corbyn.

How can he hate capitalism, you are so wrong on this one, did he told you this too? He has a different opinion to the current capitalism so is many people and there is nothing wrong in that. He does not have to be right but the current one we have now is what is creating the same issues you mentioned above, poverty, student loans, the disabled etc. If Corbyn has not won the Labour party leadership, the previous opposition are already following the government line of Austerity, it was Corbyn that makes the government to have a U-turn on cuts including welfare cuts, that’s not hate that somebody looking after less fortunate.

If you speak with people in the city, they will tell you that some of Corbyn’s ideas were spot on, the city don’t turn against current government, they just follow the line, if they are allowed to, they will have said the same thing, that you can’t grow an economy by borrowing to funds cut.

Another lie from Cameron, is that Labour borrow too much, that’s a total lie, labour borrow in the last two years of their government because the global economy belly up, not in their whole 13 years of government, in fact they borrow less in that period per GDP than any other period of any government.

While we are still talk about borrowing, this government led by Cameron doubled our debt of 100 years in their first five years in government, now that’s borrowing on steroid but Cameron still have the gut to say the last government borrowed too much, he can say that because people like you just follow the sound bites and not the fact, people like you pick the bit that suits them. Off cause you are going to tell me that the austerity measures are necessary and I will reply ‘rubbish’.

Go and do your own research on government borrowing and see who borrowed the most in the last 70 years, if you care about the truth or just want to keep spinning the spin, you will find out Conservatives always borrow more than Labour but the news is always Labour borrow too much so we can’t trust them on economy.

There is no way anyone who is in disagreement with Blair or Cameron to be seen laughing with him, these guys have taken us to wars that is still a problem for the world today and Cameron is still hurting the poor.

look at Libya, the best economy in Africa, employing over 3 Million ( half of Libya population) foreign workers, hardly any poverty, better welfare system that the UK, better life expectancy than the UK, look at what Cameron has turn the place to under the pretense of democracy and you think it’s best to be seen having a joke in public with a guy like that? You don’t have to hate Cameron but there is nothing to like either.

Cameron said how he will help the poor, but cut welfare and introduce bedroom tax, Cameron said how will hell NHS, he appoint a MP that co-author a book on privatisation of the NHS and an advocate of NHS privatisation. Your guy Cameron said I will help the pensioners, he removed fuel subsidies, your guy said I will help the poor to go to university, he increase fees to £9000 and yet they are about to increase that again.

You should direct your hanger to Cameron and not Corbyn, I don’t believe he has an ounce of hate in him, at least you can’t accuse him of milking the system, and milking the system is what a lot of the MPs are doing including conservative’s lots.

Actually you should be worshiping Corbyn if you have genuine concern for the poor like you stated because he is the one that is forcing the government to make changes not Cameron.

Why can’t an MP be allowed to vote against government policies they do not agree with, why? I am sure a lot of the conservatives MP that voted for the disable cuts don’t agree with it but have to vote for it because they are following the WHIP.

If it was not for people like Corbyn we might still have issue with the IRA, they have sing for decades that you need to talk with your enemy to resolve the issues but because we have bigger guns than them we thing we can talk down on them and force them on their kneels and bomb our way to victory. We bomb Afghanistan for 14 years now we are looking to talk to the Taliban, people like Corbyn knows we have bigger fire power than these guys, which means we can keep it as our absolute last option but people like Cameron thinks we can go and bomb ( while making money for the defense industries) the hell out of people and take victory. We have ruin lives and you are here stating people that vote against war, people that have little or no ounce of violence in them are the one that are full of hate.

please don’t go around and accuse people like Corbyn of hate, I can agree with you on some of your points but this one you need to stop making statements that are totally false.

Also your argument on sovereignty is becoming boring as well but I wont expand on this one but if you want I will.

You talk rubbish about immigration increasing the population the size of Newcastle every year, you stated this countless of times now, and the word 'infinitum' may times now, is the UK population growing at 300k every year in the last 20 years. NO, will it grow at this rate for the next 20 years. don't think so either.

If the conservatives have not come up with policy to sell social housing and stop more social housing from been build, we wont be in the situation we are in and yes, there are space to build more housing, schools, hospitals roads to accommodate the 300k per year. Go and do your own research about the % of built up areas in the UK.

The next policy that will destroy the poorer part of the UK is coming to force very soon, when all the council are now allowed to keep all their revenues, places like London will now have more money and poorer cities will start becoming sh*t hole very soon. Please don't blame Labour or Corbyn for this, its the conservatives that you voted for that come up with silly policies like this.

You are the one that keep blaming the government and every one that supports remain campaign, did you read your previous statements, and are those not blaming government?

Also just to let you know some of your statements are racist, there is nothing like “WHITE BRITAIN” and that is a racist comment; if you think it not go ask your neighbour who is not white what he thinks about preserving WHITE BRITAIN.

Please explain to me what is “Bulldog spirit”? and don't come back with Daily Mail cr*p.

I didn't say you was blaming them, however I didn't agree that "result in fewer opportunities for our own" is necessarily true, so was putting the counter to that, many immigrants add to our economy, they're not all here to just take.

That's nice of you to say it and I'm sure you fell moral superiority over the rest of us, just not sure why you are saying it as it's totally irrelevant.

What is relevant is the direct question I asked, what is going to stop the migrants coming to the UK?

Just wondering, has anyone got any links to online polls about the EU referendum where remain is in the lead? Every poll I have seen online where people can vote, leave is in the lead by far.

Just wondering, has anyone got any links to online polls about the EU referendum where remain is in the lead? Every poll I have seen online where people can vote, leave is in the lead by far.

I don't think there is one, the media channels are trying to spin things at the moment.

BRFJ3896_EU_Report_Cartoon2.png

the "strain" on the NHS, Schools, etc is being used by the leave campaign as reasons to reduce immigration ... while a major reason is continual underfunding.

It is a supply & demand thing. Reduce the demand (immigration) & the existing supply will be sufficient.

Here's a thought - if immigrants are net contributors to the UK economy, why are we so skint at a time of continued record immigration?

Why hasn't immigration turned around the Greek or Italian economies?

Why are so many other EU states in such a perilous state if the EU is such a good thing? No jobs, but cheaper mobile roaming costs. Great :rolleyes:

Not specifically an EU issue, BUT, the "strain" on the NHS, Schools, etc is being used by the leave campaign as reasons to reduce immigration ... while a major reason is continual underfunding ... and perhaps as you say the Conservatives desire to privatise everything ...

This is a lazy response and not at all factual. The primary reason for the strain on various services is the MASSIVE increase in workload in a short space of time.

If you'd care to look back over my previous posts in this thread, I think you'll find fairly comprehensive proof.

Haha, okay thanks, nice of you to talk for everyone.

That may be a relevant 'direct' question to you, but it's not so relevant to me, I don't believe the migrant problem is as big as the leave campaign makes out.

Just put your head in the sand then, great strategy!

There are many reasons that we have a housing shortage ...
Allowing social housing to be bought by their tenants.
The growth in holiday homes (several councils have actually passed laws to try to stop this happening), which also has a knock on effect off-season of creating ghost towns.
Wages not going up in line with house prices.
More here:
http://www.economicsonline.co.uk/Competitive_markets/House_prices.html

Yawn. More lazy and incorrect anti-conservative vitriol.

Letting tenants buy social housing doesn't reduce the number of properties in the country, it just moves them into private ownership.

Second home ownership (where the property is not rented out to residential tenants) is a tiny tiny problem, affecting just a few very popular areas.

Wages can't go up in line with house prices if there is too much demand and not enough supply of housing. Population growth is a big driver on demand. (And wages also can't go up in line if the economy won't support it.)

That may be a relevant 'direct' question to you, but it's not so relevant to me, I don't believe the migrant problem is as big as the leave campaign makes out.

There are two issues with immigration. The first is what has already happened because we lost control of it. The second is what might happen if we don't regain control of it.

Having control (not just on immigration, but on all sorts of things) is a good thing - and it won't happen while we are inside the EU.

It is a supply & demand thing. Reduce the demand (immigration) & the existing supply will be sufficient.

Immigration started increasing over and above what had been regarded "normal historic rates" in the late 1990's. Already by then investment in the NHS and Education had started reducing as per head of GDP.

Here's a thought - if immigrants are net contributors to the UK economy, why are we so skint at a time of continued record immigration?

err. ... who said that we were skint? GDP per head has reached pre-crash levels:
https://ig.ft.com/sites/numbers/economies/uk
Also, EU migrants contribute more than they may get back:
https://fullfact.org/immigration/do-eu-immigrants-contribute-134-every-1-they-receive/

Why hasn't immigration turned around the Greek or Italian economies?

Why would immigration improve or not an economy?? Nothing to do with immigration.

Greek economy improving:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...s-expectations-by-moving-back-into-the-black/
Why the Italian economy if failing:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/why-italy-s-economy-is-about-to-collapse-a7091221.html

Why are so many other EU states in such a perilous state if the EU is such a good thing? No jobs, but cheaper mobile roaming costs. Great :rolleyes:

EU Economy okay according to World Bank:
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GNP.PCAP.CD/countries/EU?display=graph

Letting tenants buy social housing doesn't reduce the number of properties in the country, it just moves them into private ownership.

It does reduce the number of homes available for people on the lowest income. If people have the means to afford a mortgage, why not buy in the private sector in the first place?

Yawn. More lazy and incorrect anti-conservative vitriol.

Yawn - If you are so bored, why comment?
More lazy and incorrect anti-conservative vitriol - Who said that I am not a conservative voter?
Vitriol? My language has not been vitriolic. Check a dictionary. My comments are my points of view.

And it definitely will if we leave?

Depends how people vote in the next election. If people want stronger controls then they can vote for it, if they want less controls then they can vote for it. If they don't get what they wanted, they can hold someone to account.

Democracy is a risky thing, you might not get what you want.

It definitely won't if we don't!

We don't know that - you cannot say that.
(If you can guarantee it, can I have Fridays lottery numbers please).
The UK has gained the most concessions and opt outs of any EU country I believe.
The result will be close either way.
If it is to remain, the UK government has a mighty weapon to go the EU with ... by showing the strength of feeling in the UK, perhaps threatening another referendum. The UK is not alone in the EU among countries who want change and development, and would have support.

It's a funding & demand thing.
Because of all the austerity cuts, look at where our Government spends money.

No it's a supply thing. If we built ten new hospitals tomorrow, we wouldn't have the staff to run them - so what's the point in building more, when we can't staff the ones we have?

Simple answer? - reduce demand.

The Greek crisis was brought on by excess government spending, current account deficits and tax avoidance, not immigration?

Yes, but my point was that we are constantly told that immigrants are making/keeping our economy buoyant, so why aren't they rejuvenating the Greek & Italian economies?

Is it because they don't value car washes, coffee shops & nail bars as much as us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom