Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think almost everyone accepts that EU reform is needed.

That'd be a great vote topic. "Do you feel more EU reform is needed?"

Because you can be damned sure, if we vote remain, there's no guarantee that even the pathetic bits "won" By Dave will be fully implemented. And there sure as hell won't be much else on the table!

This referendum is about immigration not economics. Any fool knows that
economies rise and fall on all sorts of internal and external factors.
There is no cure for boom and bust, that's the way it pans out. So in
or out, the economy might take a hit but, it might not. But immigration
is not about the guessing game. We know that if we remain in the EU we
cannot control the number of foreign people who enter our country.
Some say we cannot control our borders even if we leave the EU but
my take on that is that we can then only blame ourselves.
There is a majority of people in this country who want to retain our
British values and culture and for those it's essential to leave the EU
and regain our own ability to govern our immigration policy.
If we don't leave then the future for white Britain looks bleak,
the next generation will be a minority.

Seen a number of Vote Leave signs up in windows and Vote Leave signs on peoples front lawns. Haven't noticed any for remain yet. Hopefully the majority of remainers aren't bothered enough to go and vote.

I don't like your comment, but anyway I think you will find that most people of European background are actually white. Being in the EU or otherwise has nothing to do with immigration from outside of Europe.

Just so that we're clear, and understand exactly what you mean, are you saying "the future for Britain will be bleak if we don't leave because white people will be in a minority within a generation"?

Because that's what your sentence above seems to say when rewritten for greater clarity.

There is no doubt to me that immigration is a great thing, but it needs to be in the interests of a country, not solely left to the interests of anyone wanting to do so and then left for that country to have to deal with the consequences of the possibility of too many numbers. That's just asking for a mess.

The theory by the EU is that it can have a successful open door policy.
Well it doesn't take much thought to figure out that this theory will never work.
Lets test it out in more simple terms...

Lets say you were going to organise a birthday party at your local hall and of course you want to make sure everything is well organised to ensure the party is a success for everyone.
The hall can fit 250 people. (think of that as a country)
You order enough food & drink for 250 people, Get 250 chairs, plates etc. & Disco Dave :) (that's your infrastructure and services sorted).

How would you invite the guests to ensure the party goes well?
I expect you would probably send out 250 invites or less.

Or you could do it the EU way & have an open door.....
Stick an advert in a newspaper to advertise your party to a few thousand people & say everyone welcome.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like your comment, but anyway I think you will find that most people of European background are actually white. Being in the EU or otherwise has nothing to do with immigration from outside of Europe.

So the millions who are coming from the middle east and Africa to claim EU citizenship don't count then. You clearly don't study immigration, population growth and UK immigration law in any depth. My point is you can argue economics until the cows come home, but immigration is undisputable fact.

Just so that we're clear, and understand exactly what you mean, are you saying "the future for Britain will be bleak if we don't leave because white people will be in a minority within a generation"?

Because that's what your sentence above seems to say when rewritten for greater clarity.
Talking culture of course.

Being in the EU or otherwise has nothing to do with immigration from outside of Europe.

It has a lot to do with it. We have to discriminate against people from outside the EU coming to the UK because no bastard knows how many from the EU will come here. That's why Nigel Farage for example wants an Australian style points system so you can pick and choose who you want, and not just have to let basically anybody in. It's not good when you have to say unfortunately we can't let you 1000 Doctors and Nurses from India come here as being in the EU means the 1000 (insert description here) from Romania take priority.

So you're against a multi-cultural Britain?

Wanting controlled immigration is not racist Edwin. A multi-cultural Britain is a good thing - and frankly what the country has always been. But integration is a problem - and having uncontrollable numbers is utterly crazy.

So you're against a multi-cultural Britain?
Not at all. I've lived in a multi cultural Britain for more years than I care to remember. I was born in Handsworth in Birmingham. I think we have reached a point where immigration needs to be controlled democratically.

I spent my childhood in Handsworth too. The main immigrant populations were Irish, Afro Caribbean and Pakistani and I don't think EU membership had much to do with it. People came to work, then as now.

So that would be multi cultural then, wouldn't it ?

The more successful our democracy and economy become, the more we are a draw to immigrants from an ever expanding EU. Everybody knows the situation, some don't mind, I believe currently the majority do. By the next generation the democratic balance may well be reversed.

Of course people have legitimate concerns about immigration.

There is also considerable xenophobia, racism and misplaced fear/distrust of immigrants which is exploited by those who want the masses to blame the poor for their problems rather than those who have actual power

Unfortunately it is sometimes difficult to separate the two.

If you've already made up your mind one way or another, what would it take to change your opinion?

Of course people have legitimate concerns about immigration.

There is also considerable xenophobia, racism and misplaced fear/distrust of immigrants which is exploited by those who want the masses to blame the poor for their problems rather than those who have actual power

Unfortunately it is sometimes difficult to separate the two.

Therefore it surely makes sense to control immigration, and then it wouldn't give the people you refer to an issue to exploit. I don't think there are many non racist people that really understand the impending problems who would not agree to control immigration.

If you've already made up your mind one way or another, what would it take to change your opinion?

On my part the EU would need to change direction, not be moving towards a united states of Europe, with a hierarchy as democratic as our house of lords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom