Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind you to be fair to the BBC, they are reporting that his links to the far right look to have ended almost a decade ago. They look to be rowing back from original stance yesterday, so fair play to them.

Stunned that Mr Cox has chosen to right an article at this time on an issue so sensitive at this time. Not sure if he's suggesting that everyone who thinks immigration to the UK is unsustainable are part of the right, and not sure how far right he is suggesting. He says on immigration, the UK government focus on the wrong issues, he says they are obsessed over numbers. Does he not know that it is only on numbers that there is a problem, and the fact that those numbers are not controlled. I think even he may be deluded over the amount of feeling and concern there is over uncontrolled immigration into the UK over the next 20 or 30 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...al-with-migration-debate-says-jo-coxs-husband

It states that the article they refer to was written weeks back, he just makes it clear that he's going to carry on in the memory of his wife.

Last edited:
Edwin might have a hidden agenda, he lives in Cambridge where presumably education is a massive consideration but one can't slight him for that. Everyone has self interest in this referendum, for some it's about EU money that they get, for others it's about positions on the gravy train that is the EU, and yet for others it's simply wanting to retain their sovereignty and/or control immigration.

I think many people do not have self interests at heart. Simple rational here:

the under 40's mostly wish to stay in
people educated past 16 mostly wish to stay
predominantly the uneducated and poor suffer in times of turmoil
generally the young and the educated are the ones who win when turmoil happens as they have little to loose and can grasp opportunity

So the educated should if having only self interest at heart want to leave, but they do not.

Edwin might have a hidden agenda, he lives in Cambridge where presumably education is a massive consideration but one can't slight him for that. Everyone has self interest in this referendum, for some it's about EU money that they get, for others it's about positions on the gravy train that is the EU, and yet for others it's simply wanting to retain their sovereignty and/or control immigration.

Guys please stop it will you...you are making personal attacks on someone because they disagree

He also, rather than answer a post or continue the thread, edits an older post so it reads as if he has written it earlier, so that puts the next post out of context , It renders the continuity of the thread meaningless. Look, there are more on here who want Brexit than want to remain. His argument is a one string bow and he will go for the people rather than enter into the overall argument, most of which he thinks is irrelevant because it doesn't relate to him even though it relates to the majority of the UK.

This site gets many more viewers per day than the vocal ones:) Do not make assumptions.

yes not much good data coming out, I am not liking the remain campaign jumping on this for political gain either.

you load up the economy towards a service based model (87%<) its always going to bite you back.

Confused:
Should we make physical things?
Should we grow things?
Both we cannot compete on the world stage due to the cost of people.....mind you the robots will soon be here
So we have to be a skills based economy

generally the young and the educated are the ones who win when turmoil happens as they have little to loose and can grasp opportunity

So the educated should if having only self interest at heart want to leave, but they do not.
you probably know it's not wise to enter into debate on made up figures. The only vote you can rely on is your own. That's democracy, which comes with Sovereignty, which you don't care about , as you stated in your previous post.

Guys please stop it will you...you are making personal attacks on someone because they disagree
If you read this post, I was defending Edwin. Perhaps you could elaborate how it is a personal attack.
BTW I love intelligent disagreement, it's the only way you can get a balanced view.

Hate just breads more hate hope the IMPORTANT topic of immigration can be debated sensibly over the final week instead of resorting to crap like this

5049.jpg

If you're always looking for a conspiracy you'll tend to see everything as evidence for one. There will always be some extremist on the internet who agrees with you. The delusion that literally everything that happens is part of a vast conspiracy against you is very dangerous, it is exactly the mindset that leads unstable people to commit horrible crimes.

Tell the Biased Broadcasting Corporation....all day they've been quoting an eyewitness as saying the shooter shouted 'Britain first' - he is on video saying he never heard any such thing.
I don't think the BBC are being biased
Thomas Mair just gave his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" when he appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

Apparently we've imported the Trump playbook - if you get caught out, just lie until the narrative moves on - if you keep up the torrent of bullshit and abuse you can apparently drown out those who question you.

I have been worried that not enough people speak up - but perhaps it's because they recognise there is no point trying to reason with those who have abandoned reason

I do have hope that in the UK, as in the US, there are enough reasonable people quietly waiting to vote with their heads

It states that the article they refer to was written weeks back, he just makes it clear that he's going to carry on in the memory of his wife.
No he has asked the papers to distribute his views. And at such a sensitive time when we on both sides of his opinion are genuinely morning his loss.
What is even more galling is that he worked for save the children charity ( worked for, so salaried ) Labour members campaign to let children into the UK and while I have the deepest sympathy for unfortunate children, I question the objectives and conflicting interests of some labour MP's who's friends , family, and even spouses ride the gravy train that some big charities have become. It seems that large salaries await ex politicians who have clout in the corridors of power and it's becoming far too incestuous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...men-s-complaints-inappropriate-behaviour.html

Attacks on Jo Cox's husband for continuing her work - and on the work of Charities like Save the Children - are beneath contempt.

"Jo believed in a better world and she fought for it every day of her life with an energy, and a zest for life that would exhaust most people. She would have wanted two things above all else to happen now, one that our precious children are bathed in love and two, that we all unite to fight against the hatred that killed her."
- Brendan Cox

Jo Cox's fund is here

Your rational seems to be elitist, ageist, patronising and presumptuous

To say 'the under 40's 'mostly' want to stay in is rubbish, the samples in the polls are so small and you would get a different results in each town or city you polled.

So most people who left school at 16 aren't clever enough to vote remain (as we all know you must be thick if you want to leave)? Plenty of highly successful people left school at 16.

I think the uneducated and the poor will suffer more if we remain as a high proportion of unskilled labour jobs are being filled by migrants. There is the argument that British people don't want to do those jobs, but maybe this is because the wages have been driven down so low that they are caught in the benefits poverty trap and the cost of living is higher as they are not living 6+ adults in a 3 bedroom house like a lot of migrant workers are.

Except of course the thickies that didn't go to Uni

?

No he has asked the papers to distribute his views. And at such a sensitive time when we on both sides of his opinion are genuinely morning his loss.
What is even more galling is that he worked for save the children charity ( worked for, so salaried ) Labour members campaign to let children into the UK and while I have the deepest sympathy for unfortunate children, I question the objectives and conflicting interests of some labour MP's who's friends , family, and even spouses ride the gravy train that some big charities have become. It seems that large salaries await ex politicians who have clout in the corridors of power and it's becoming far too incestuous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...men-s-complaints-inappropriate-behaviour.html

I don't know where to start with this. I'll be glad when this vote business is over with regardless of what the result is. It's not bringing out our best side as a nation. Have fun. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom