Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't subscribe to the theory that opinions are all of equal weight, regardless of the background of the people putting them forward.

Of course not. That's why mine are so much better than yours:)

As for the rest of what you put, that is also your opinion. You cannot say you partake in a vigorous discussion, and then say:

"This is not a medium for bullying or hectoring people. I believe that even more strongly than I believe in Remain being the right choice!"

You either partake, and get fully involved or go away. So far, you haven't partaken in the discussion IMHO.

Sticking your head up, shouting your view, and then running away ignoring people with your fingers in your ears going 'nah nah nahhhhh' is not the way to act. I'm not saying this is what you actually do, but it sure does feel like it. Just because you 'think' you've explained yourself, does not give you the right to ignore and talk down to others. That is not a discussion.

Of course not. That's why mine are so much better than yours:)

As for the rest of what you put, that is also your opinion. You cannot say you partake in a vigorous discussion, and then say:

You either partake, and get fully involved or go away. So far, you haven't partaken in the discussion IMHO.

Sticking your head up, shouting your view, and then running away ignoring people with your fingers in your ears going 'nah nah nahhhhh' is not the way to act. I'm not saying this is what you actually do, but it sure does feel like it. Just because you 'think' you've explained yourself, does not give you the right to ignore and talk down to others. That is not a discussion.

He also, rather than answer a post or continue the thread, edits an older post so it reads as if he has written it earlier, so that puts the next post out of context , It renders the continuity of the thread meaningless. Look, there are more on here who want Brexit than want to remain. His argument is a one string bow and he will go for the people rather than enter into the overall argument, most of which he thinks is irrelevant because it doesn't relate to him even though it relates to the majority of the UK.

My initial post answered it, I thought, by naming the source of the comment, his position, and his view.

I said: "Interesting and telling comment in this video interview from the FT with their Chief Political Commentator."

http://video.ft.com/4943008783001/Camerons-terrible-mistake-on-Brexit/latest

I don't subscribe to the theory that opinions are all of equal weight, regardless of the background of the people putting them forward. There are experts in all walks of life and all business areas who get called upon to demonstrate their expertise in the course of their job.

But on the specific subject of the referendum, it's those experts whose expertise lies in politics, economics, constitutional and international law, trade, and finance, who have the "relevant" expertise to have more weight attributed to their commentary.

People can be master bakers, doctors, machinists, roboticists, and so on and so on - there are thousands of subjects where expertise can be significant, recognised and appreciated - but their expertise has no direct relevance to the EU referendum so it makes them no better equipped to comment on it. But those from categories such as I listed in the previous paragraph do have that additional breadth and depth of knowledge.

That's why I thought it was "telling" that the person who is the most senior member of the team responsible for reporting on "Politics" for the Financial Times, a very well respected newspaper, thought that calling the referendum was a "terrible mistake" on David Cameron's part. It's his job to analyse politics. I therefore place significantly more weight on his opinion than I would on some random person's.

Note too that I was careful in my original post to say that the comment (the one I quoted in full) was telling, not his whole interview.

When you listen to the experts you have to take into consideration the objective of their ambitions. Unless they are under oath.

Both campaigns have suspended their campaigning for the rest of the day. The least I can do is join them, so no more from me on the referendum today.

It has only just occurred to me that you have actually been campaigning rather than debating though.

I am not campaigning.

An 'expert' speaks:
Forecast.jpg

Last edited:
Look, there are more on here who want Brexit than want to remain.

I assume you're basing this assumption purely on the poll results? More may wish to remain but don't want to declare it on this forum. At the end of the day our voting choices, as with all votes, is purely between each individual and the ballot box. Some may want to wear their vote on their sleeve but there will also be those who don't.

I assume you're basing this assumption purely on the poll results? More may wish to remain but don't want to declare it on this forum. At the end of the day our voting choices, as with all votes, is purely between each individual and the ballot box. Some may want to wear their vote on their sleeve but there will also be those who don't.
yes, of course.

yes not much good data coming out, I am not liking the remain campaign jumping on this for political gain either.

you load up the economy towards a service based model (87%<) its always going to bite you back.

It would be pretty disgusting to use Jo Cox's death for any sort of political capital, but there are only 6 days until polling day after all.

Tell the Biased Broadcasting Corporation....all day they've been quoting an eyewitness as saying the shooter shouted 'Britain first' - he is on video saying he never heard any such thing.

Actually it is because I see the bigger picture that I am voting remain. I believe that the UK is at greater risk by leaving. The UK has been on the win side of EU voting on 97% of the time, and yes, on the losing side on 3%of the time. Better ratios than UK elections under the first past the post system.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what's meant by that.

And how can you accuse me of not knowing anything about the history of the EU? Do you know me? Do you know my and my family history? Do you have any idea of what research I have done? Just because I have a different view do not be so condescending -

I work on the assumption that anyone who knows how the EU was started, and by whom, will realise what the end plan for it is. Anyone with that information still wanting to remain...well, I just don't know how they could.

When you listen to the experts you have to take into consideration the objective of their ambitions. Unless they are under oath.

Maybe the spokespeople and experts from both camps should be made to swear on the bible, cross their heart and hope to die & swear on their mothers life before they say anything from now on. We might then get the truth. I really doubt many would actually do it.

The interviewer really wanted him to say it didn't he, almost like they had rehearsed it and he nearly forgot. Not saying the guy is lying, just that the interviewer definitely wanted it said even though they were not talking about any motive.

I just saw the same interviewer asking the same guy the same question on the 6pm bbc news, only this time he was at home sitting in a chair. I think he had a different top on this time but can't be sure.
Why didn't they go back to the guy who tackled the aleged shooter?

Did anyone see Corbyn standing shoulder to shoulder with Cameron today, well not exactly shoulder to shoulder, Corbyn looked very uncomfortable as he put more distance between himself and the PM ( it would have been hilarious if the situation had not been such a sad one).
He wouldn't shake hands with Blair, he doesn't exactly love the Monarchy.
I think fighting hate should start within his own heart.

Not biased, they are reporting what the man said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36552367
Hear for yourself.

I found a copy of the video of the real witness - this is the guy who was at the scene; http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=55017 - scroll down to find the video.

That guy interviewed on the BBC looks like he's remembering a script. I saw him on the Broadcasting Bullshit Corporation news at 10pm aswell!! This time he's wearing a top advertising his plumbing company - DCP Plumbing - the vacuous POS.

Stunned that Mr Cox has chosen to right an article at this time on an issue so sensitive at this time. Not sure if he's suggesting that everyone who thinks immigration to the UK is unsustainable are part of the right, and not sure how far right he is suggesting. He says on immigration, the UK government focus on the wrong issues, he says they are obsessed over numbers. Does he not know that it is only on numbers that there is a problem, and the fact that those numbers are not controlled. I think even he may be deluded over the amount of feeling and concern there is over uncontrolled immigration into the UK over the next 20 or 30 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...al-with-migration-debate-says-jo-coxs-husband

Looks like the guy was a mental patient who couldn't get help less than 24 hours before the attack. If only there wasn't such long queues to get seen by health services :(

He was also known for teaching English to Immigrants.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...p-health-counsellor-just-24-hours-attack.html

Just looks a real sad case of someone losing the plot over a number of years / decades, nothing more nothing less. The BBC should stop with this propaganda BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom