Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So to balance the argument up a little.
Cameron came back from Brussels waving his "peace in our time" type agreement which was about as worthless as Chamberlain's, and we know what happened after that.

I do admit that in 1914 the public were told it would all be over by Christmas and of course it was not, it was far worse than that.

So we can't believe everything people say and there is uncertainty from both sides. The only certainty is that the Sovereignty that both these humongous events were to protect will be surrendered if we remain in the EU.

I think it depends on where the piper gets his wages. :rolleyes:
20160525_brexit_gdp_mobile.jpg

theweek.co.uk

Last edited:
I think it depends on where the piper gets his wages. :rolleyes:
20160525_brexit_gdp_mobile.jpg

theweek.co.uk

Indeed, and there are many more forecasts out there. Even some from the leave side show a "shallow" recession.

Only one however, to my knowledge, has forecast a positive effect, and that is the one shown, by "Economists for Brexit". They are I assume, showing how they will fund the unicorns, along with the NHS, CAP, scientific funding, schools, tariffs etc.

How much of a drop in GDP in equivalent to the saving in EU contributions? I recall 0.6%, but that is probably disputed also.

I hope the sovereignty (or should we call it nostalgia) is worth it, because we and our children will be paying heavily for it.

How much of a drop in GDP in equivalent to the saving in EU contributions? I recall 0.6%, but that is probably disputed also

0.5% of GDP is the equivalent of the net EU contribution, based on the 2014/15 GDP figure.

Note that some of the more "scary" forecasts take into account the compounding effect over a number of years.

For example, if brexit knocks 0.5% a year off GDP then over a decade that adds up to about 5% difference vs where GDP "should be" by then, like this: (99.5^10)/(100^10)=0.9511...

I think I've always assumed that people here were largely 'techie' types. It's interesting that apparently domainers are largely 'older gentlemen'. Is there anyone here under 40?
Might explain the way the vote's going...

The tech world (and your customers) firmly favour remain:

https://next.ft.com/content/322f7d54-07dd-11e6-a623-b84d06a39ec2
http://www.techcityuk.com/blog/2016/04/tech-leaders-want-to-remain-in-eu/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...rwise-justeat-ve-funding-circle-a7031851.html
http://londonfirst.co.uk/events/rally-for-remain-a-celebration-of-tech-london-and-europe/

Last edited:
Lol. I suspect things like this are in the minds of many people in the country, many people who want to leave.

Lol. I suspect things like this are in the minds of many people in the country, many people who want to leave.

You may be right. Who knows how many people will make their decision based on emotional reactions to changes they don't like - such as decimalisation

Sadly they may be condemning the rest of us to a lower quality of life

Live debate just about to start here if anybody's interested. EU Referendum Debate | Boris Johnson v. Alex Salmond Live | Telegraph & Huffington Post

Starts at 7pm.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes. But that isn't the point, it should never have happened in the first place. All religions should have equal rights I think we need to leave the EU then get someone like UKIP charge

Yes. But that isn't the point, it should never have happened in the first place. All religions should have equal rights I think we need to leave the EU then get someone like UKIP charge

We could all wear leather and march around with little skulls on our helmets too

In case that's too subtle, we could also INVADE POLAND

Bringing the nazis into it is just crazy, i assume you are trying to call me racist. I assume you missed the bit where i said All religions should have equal rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom