Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend you take 7 minutes and 54 seconds to listen to Priti Patel's interview on the Today Programme in full. She sits in Cabinet as the Minister of State for Employment, and is a prominent member of the Vote Leave campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07ffxs9
(Starts at 02:18:02 - the slider's a bit fiddly but you should be able to get close)

I won't comment further here, since it's best approached completely "fresh".

I'm all for leaving, the governments fear based campaign only made me more resolute on that. The truth is no one knows what will happen when we leave, this government is so austerity based people aren't falling for all the negatives and the fact they have no positive message says it all to me.

The sun carries alot of clout with working class people, particularly tradesmen, the government handled the remain campaign all wrong, they sent a leaflet which was supposed to be unbiased to every household at the taxpayers expense saying we should remain, so it wasn't factually based just propaganda. Look around forums discussing this and it's clear the governments fear based campaigning has back fired spectacularly. Trade agreements will be rewritten, after all the UK accounts for a majority of the remaining countries exports. Another factor to consider is the US is trying to get an agreement with the EU which will give the US alot more economic power in the EU, it's why Obama wants the UK to remain.

A simple fact is wages are being reduced due to the immigration, the minimum wage is nothing but a makeover, immigration suits large corporations because it drives the cost of wages down because it creates a surplus to demand in all but the highest skilled positions. I know a Polish chef who makes himself out to be a joiner, he ruined £2k of soundproofing when he sheeted a staircase because he didn't know what he was doing and kept missing the posts and putting holes in the soundproofing. I realize there are British people who pretend they are qualified when they are not, but it doesn't touch the surface when you compare them to the EU state citizens pretending they are painters, plumbers, joiners, builders etc. I know a couple of very skilled Polish tradesmen, but they are qualified and have been retrained in the UK to meet our standards.

Take housing, there isn't enough and in many councils immigrants get priority, people have had enough, many feel second class citizens in their own country. Politicians live in a bubble and this has been crystal clear in this remain campaign they are so out of touch it's a joke, they have no connection to the electorate at all. The UK has zero power to stop immigration or benefits to immigrants. I am not predicting the outcome but my vote is out, the UK will become a far stronger nation on it's own. Amongst the EU laws we pay for are those stupid cookie notices that need to be placed on a website, that's the mentality of these people. The government got it's campaign wrong, it narrowly worked with the Scottish independence referendum but this is a far wider reaching issue. Consider also oil is on it's way out, which means more people looking for work, we need to look after our own now.

Last edited:
Cameron's final bullet was threatening the old with pension cutbacks. What a shot in the foot. BANG ! if he lost the grey vote he would let Corbyn in, and Mcdonnell would soon find the money to fill the hole. Trident, mansion taxes, Mcdonnell would have a feast.
His last shot is probably if he has talked the pound down and it's not just speculators. Still a temporary boost for the incoming tourist industry.

it devoted not a single inch of today's front page to the biggest mass shooting in recent American history.

No way do I want to be seen as supporting any mainstream news source, but maybe they were aware of the timeline of how events in Orlando unfolded, and don't want to be associated with it. Things like the story breaking around the world up to an hour before it started. Just one of so many false flag events designed to further Obama's gun control pledge.

The important thing to note about the benefits ruling is that the European commission was challenging the UK's stance. This is the sort of sovereignty that I want back. It should be up to our Government to decide what rules our benefits system follows.

The EU shouldn't have any right to challenge it.

No. The EU ruled in favour of the UK government this morning. No idea what you thought you read...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...enefits-to-unemployed-eu-migrants-judges-rule

It wasn't the EU , the EU commission put the case against us. It was the European court of justice who ruled in favour.
It will be challenged again and what a palava to do something we should be able to do in our own country through our own parliamentary system. I think this is typical of why we should leave. I thought immigrants didn't claim benefits so it's a hollow victory anyway.

"Conservative employment spokesman in the European Parliament Anthea McIntyre MEP said: “This is a victory for the UK and for common sense. It vindicates the prime minister’s stance, which has always been that free movement means freedom to work, not to claim benefits."

But the remain camp say migrants don't claim benefits so really what is the point of this costly case. How many lawyers at what expense and what about the appeals from Poland and other nations. No wonder Lawyers and the like don't want to give up their seat on the gravy train.

How can this be termed a victory for the UK, it's like having to ask your local council if you can sleep in your own bed.

How can this be termed a victory for the UK, it's like having to ask your local council if you can sleep in your own bed.
Just another cast iron reason we need to retain our eroding sovereignty. Do the remain camp thing we are morons.

Interesting article about Gordon Brown in the Telegraph.

I wonder if he introduces himself as the ex prime minister who wrecked the UK economy or that he works as an advisor to Pimco, one of the worlds largest asset management companies and sits on the board with the former Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke and the former president of the European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet. Assets under management 1.5 Trillion US Dollars.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...as-learnt-from-his-bigoted-woman-howler-on-i/

Take housing, there isn't enough and in many councils immigrants get priority, people have had enough, many feel second class citizens in their own country.

As much as I agree with some of your points, immigrants don't get priority when it comes to housing or any form of benefits or social needs, in-fact non-EU are not entitled to any benefits or housing unless they are permanent residents(which means already lived and work in the UK for about 10 years) or British Passport holders. Other EU citizen are entitled to go on housing waiting list same as any British citizen and British citizen can also go on housing list in other EU countries if there is one.

EU benefits applies both ways, British citizen also have access to benefits in Germany, France, etc.

Asylum seekers are entitled to be looked after under the united nation convention, regardless of who the person is and where they came from, if under asylum they will have to be looked after and this include housing. The same united nation convention rule applies to UK citizen under asylum abroad.

Lack of council housing is purely government policies, if Tories have not stop councils building properties in the 80s and start selling the ones available, we will probably not be in the same situation as we are now and the housing issue is about to get worse with the new Tory policy of selling housing association properties.

These are all government policies not EU issues.

It's beginning to look a bit grim for the 'stayers' :(

polls.png

Can Gordon 'no more boom & bust' Brown save the world again?

polls1.png

I doubt it :D

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

Sporting index has the market all square now

Interesting that people I speak to split 2:1 in favour of 'brexit', as does the AD poll above.

National polls are 50:50, hedge funds are shorting sterling like crazy, but the bookies tend to favour 'remain'.

Interesting that people I speak to split 2:1 in favour of 'brexit', as does the AD poll above.

National polls are 50:50, hedge funds are shorting sterling like crazy, but the bookies tend to favour 'remain'.

This was 60 : 40 a few months ago for remain so has made big moves in the last few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom