Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU Referendum

Acorn EU Poll

• Remain

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I weren't looking at yesterday either, I thought I read it on Monday.

I'll read the second one later, keep trying to get work done heh, that chanting won't do itself.

BTW, is anyone of "remain" persuasion bothered about the Leave camp's attempts to create new policy on the fly,

That's just politics & media management these days. Each side needs a headline for the 6 o'clock news & tomorrow's dead-tree press. It will soon be forgotten.

What was it that that Obama chap said the other day?... No, me neither.

I believe at the last count, the Leave camp had spent the so-called saving that would arise from leaving the EU eleven times over already.
Citation Needed

Last edited:
(I think by page 26 of this thread, none of us are going to convince the others to change their position, so it's really just friendly water cooler talk at this point...)

Is that a concession?
The Acorn poll is moving towards 'Leave'

After all, there's a world of difference between:

1) Vote for this and you can have: A or B or C or D or E.
2) Vote for this and you can have: A and B and C and D and E.

1) is the true situation
2) Is the way the high-profile spokespeople for Leave have been talking about the situation

There's a world of difference between every family actually losing £4,300 a year & the remote possibility of their share of UK GDP being reduced by £4,300 a year. Wouldn't you agree? o_O

Even The Guardian didn't fall for that one. :D
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-reality-check-uk-households-worse-off-brexit

Last edited:
I assume restrictions have been put on pro for for campaigns on television and in the media, so is this just a cheeky way of advertise a gambling website, with a hidden agenda?!?!

No, that's an official campaign broadcast & website.

There's a world of difference between every family actually losing £4,300 a year & the remote possibility of their share of UK GDP being reduced by £4,300 a year. Wouldn't you agree? o_O

Even The Guardian didn't fall for that one. :D
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...-reality-check-uk-households-worse-off-brexit

Yes, they're somewhat different. Which is why the original claim is not being repeated very often (a search on Google News limited to the past week turns up no new references)

Whereas the discredited £350 million claim is being repeated several times a day (over 500 press mentions in the last week) - it's still on the side of the Leave battle bus, for goodness sake!

As has been stated before in this thread (including by me) both sides are telling porkies. But only Leave seems to keep coming back like a homing pigeon to the same big lie.

Is that a concession?

More of an observation (limited to Acorn). We pretty much know how every vocal poster in this thread is planning to vote, and I don't see any prospect of anyone changing their minds within that small sample size. So we can keep quoting stats and news and "he said" and "she said" but it's all just chit-chat at this point.

Whereas the discredited £350 million claim is being repeated several times a day (over 500 press mentions in the last week) - it's still on the side of the Leave battle bus, for goodness sake!

marketing-politics-dirty-business.jpg

I have been busy canvassing the opinions of the Irish and the Italians. They say we should stay. Also we should drink more Guinness and Chianti.

Now that there appears to be an outside chance we'll actually leave, has anyone got any insight on what effect Brexit will have on domaining, ecommerce etc? If Scotland then go, as seems likely, the value of .co.uk will presumably fall by 10% or so to reflect the smaller population using it - what else?

------------------------------misread--------------------------

Last edited:
(I think by page 26 of this thread, none of us are going to convince the others to change their position, so it's really just friendly water cooler talk at this point...)
Still hoping you get your head and your abacus out of your back side and see beyond the economics of the issue. Perhaps go to the area's where immigration has made peoples lives intolerable.

Still hoping you get your head and your abacus out of your back side and see beyond the economics of the issue. Perhaps go to the area's where immigration has made peoples lives intolerable.

There's no need to be so offensively personal.

Does anyone else just scroll past what Edwin says now? First few bits slightly interesting to see that point of view, now getting a bit preachy.

Also in the news.........

People get sent 2 ballot cards, but can only vote once:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-36425174

South West Trains Suspend employee, who didn't have enough room for 'leave' (or maybe one of the passengers hacked the system, and wanted of an over crowded service):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36425892

I believe at the last count, the Leave camp had spent the so-called saving that would arise from leaving the EU eleven times over already. In other words, they keep promising new things on a near daily basis, which are all due to be paid for with the same relatively small pot of cash - but they never make that aspect clear.

So for anyone not following the subject very closely (i.e. the majority of the electorate) it sounds at face value like a Brexit would bring a cascade of goodies, whereas at best they'll get ONE thing from it - after that, there will be nothing left in the kitty because all the savings will have been spent.
Edwin you are looking at this like you look at a general election, policies that either stand up or don't stand up. This is not a general election, this is a decision on the direction of the country for the foreseeable future. It simply can't be wrong or right based on short to medium term economics. If we were in the Euro our challenge would be far greater. As it is whatever the short term affects the country can be steered onto a profitable course. It could well mean those that can afford it best might have to bite the bullet for a short while. It's impossible for anyone to predict the strength of the pound and our stock market, whether interest rates will rise, if house prices fall and what our credit rating will be and what effect that will have.
Someone in an abusive marriage can not simply look at the economics of leaving.
But if you really think you can predict the future, kindly tell us over the next 10 years how the government will afford to build 500,000 homes a year and where will they put them. How will we provide enough schools for non English speaking children, and perhaps you might like to guess at how many school places that might be and how many teachers will be needed to fill the schools. Perhaps you could tell us how you are going to pacify the teachers that are already stressed by the current situation. Perhaps you could tell us where the increased funds will come from to stop cut backs in the police and prison services and most of all how we are going to continue to fund the NHS with the increasing burden of the new elderly family members brought in by immigrants waiting in Europe to get to the UK.

So what you are saying is a shit club is better than nowhere and that's a matter of opinion.

Has anyone read the article (telegraph I think) which discusses how the exit would work ? its a long read but interesting. I can't find it now :(

Its interesting that during the possible 2 yr exit process we can change our mind and say oh poopy this isn't working. So we can try setting up on our own and hopefully if the plans don't all work out we can return to servitude and kowtowing.
Like an abusive marriage, the desire to get away must be greater than the certainty of the post leaving situation.
An interesting poll for the UK would be if you were asked to join the EU now, knowing the direction it's heading in, how would you vote.

Just a heads up or reminder there's the 1st Sky News EU In or Out programme on tomorrow night from 7pm featuring David Cameron. Should be interesting viewing, I hope. On the downside Kay Burleys hosting it apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom