Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EU prior rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
sneezycheese said:
Simple Question Gordon: - Have ‘you’ all by yourself (not an accountant or such like) ‘ever’ set up a company? Do you even really know what a company is? Do you even have a basic understanding what Companies House does?

...I could go on, but I’ll stop, as those who truly know the difference between a domain registration and company formation, legal status, company accounts submission etc. (basically Companies House stuff), will understand where I’m coming from.

Sneezy

Get a grip mate! You don't know who you are rebuking and you are making an awful lot of assumptions about his capabilities. If he is who I think he is, he is exceedingly well qualified. :cool:

Regards
James Conaghan

Beasty said:
Now if someone could slip us a copy of the decision in good time for the 22nd - which I think was dealt with only as far as the "on paper" submission stage - then we can all be well informed before the day.

LOL Beasty... it's not a conspiracy of silence... but I didn't think this one point was crucial to all other discussions? Ask the questions and I'm sure someone from Nominet's legal team will give you the answers you seek.

Regards
James Conaghan

Whois-Search said:
Olebean if not you can always: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5049098.stm

22nd June looks good to me i'll be there.

Who is hiring the acorn "bad boy" car?

http://www.a1stretch.co.uk/stretched_hummers_black.html

I think Texidriver would prefer:

http://www.a1stretch.co.uk/pink_limo.html

Whois-Search

Nice to hear you can make it. Can you email me privately to confirm; I need to keep tabs on exactly who's coming on the 22nd June so I can let Nominet know how many to cater for.

Regards
James Conaghan

James Brown said:
Can I have chicken sandwich

Hoey

Good to see you will make it

Cacophony of reprobates

I'll exclude myself from that :cool:

Are there any plans to webcast the meeting/lunch?:rolleyes:

LOL funny

Are Sneezycheese, olebean, texidriver really going to turn up ? Or you going to hide behind forum ids forever ?

Jac said:
Get a grip mate! You don't know who you are rebuking and you are making an awful lot of assumptions about his capabilities. If he is who I think he is, he is exceedingly well qualified.
…I’m sure he is well qualified. The point I was trying to make was that Nominet versus Companies House wasn’t a like for like comparison; in fact it’s quite the opposite. In addition I understand that there are people out there who have set up numerous numbers of companies, or who have been directly (or indirectly) involved in doing so. The point here I was trying to make was that very, very often (more often than not actually) people have a third party (e.g. Accountant/Solicitor) or minion do all the donkey work, so they don’t really understand the nuts and bolts of what’s going on. Me myself in the past have had to learn the hard way and received the £100 fine when I’ve done it wrong. But as someone who doesn’t have any minions (and I’m sure I’m not alone on that one), I have to do it myself. ;)

Whois-Search said:
Are Sneezycheese, olebean, texidriver really going to turn up ? Or you going to hide behind forum ids forever ?

…OH YES, I’ll be there! :twisted:

By the way 22nd June’s good for me. :)

olebean said:
It maybe prudent for all us that are going to have a chat etc about issues we wish to discuss, no point going half-cocked!

…Very good idea, maybe swap email addresses and telephone numbers. It’s also probably a good idea to arrange for us to meet and introduce ourselves sometime in the morning before the meeting.

An agenda would also be good as 2 hours is not going to be very long, especialy if the meeting's over lunch (bun fight comes to mind :cool: ). ...Maybe there's room to extend into the afternoon if required - Jac, what do you recon?

Regards,

Simon.

sneezycheese said:
…OH YES, I’ll be there! :twisted:

By the way 22nd June’s good for me. :)

Can you just confirm to [email protected] please. I'll take the official confirmations as gospel but will allow for any late comers.

sneezycheese said:
…Very good idea, maybe swap email addresses and telephone numbers. It’s also probably a good idea to arrange for us to meet and introduce ourselves sometime in the morning before the meeting.

I think Whois-Search knows Oxford well, so maybe liaise with him about a good meeting place to get to know your little selves. :p

sneezycheese said:
An agenda would also be good as 2 hours is not going to be very long, especialy if the meeting's over lunch (bun fight comes to mind :cool: ). ...Maybe there's room to extend into the afternoon if required - Jac, what do you recon?

I have mailed Nominet to ask about extensions and will get back to you as soon as I know.

Regards
James Conaghan

Whois-Search said:
LOL funny

Eh? :confused:

If your defining hiding as not having turned up to a prior meeting, then yes in the broadest sense, and not for the attempt or request to arrange suitable location, more probably in fear of my life! :lol:

Just no slobbering kisses thank you

Extension To 3.00pm

Jac said:
I have mailed Nominet to ask about extensions and will get back to you as soon as I know.

I have spoken to Nominet and they can extend the meeting to 3.00pm but there are other meetings they have to attend that afternoon. So we can do 12.00 to 3.00pm. Okay?

Regards
James Conaghan

Jac said:
I have spoken to Nominet and they can extend the meeting to 3.00pm but there are other meetings they have to attend that afternoon. So we can do 12.00 to 3.00pm. Okay?

Regards
James Conaghan

That sounds very accommodating of them...

I'll have to ensure my best wig is clean and I have plenty of glue!

Jac do you have any spare ;)

olebean said:
If your defining hiding as not having turned up to a prior meeting, then yes in the broadest sense, and not for the attempt or request to arrange suitable location, more probably in fear of my life! :lol:

....................I'll have to ensure my best wig is clean and I have plenty of glue!

Well Texidriver won't even tell us his name or any domains he owns.

I have some 'no nails' that might come in handy .........

olebean said:
That sounds very accommodating of them...

Jac do you have any spare ;)

Ah... my hair is all my own... not much else is... but my hair is!

I'd say Whois-Search's offer of no-nails should do the trick! :p

Regards
James Conaghan

Jac said:
I think Whois-Search knows Oxford well, so maybe liaise with him about a good meeting place to get to know your little selves.
…Hey not so much of the little, or I’ll bring my mother with me! …A little reminder (if you needed one):

Jac said:
Your mother scared the bejaysus out of me!
…You’ve been warned. ;)

Jac said:
So we can do 12.00 to 3.00pm. Okay?
…Sounds good, looking forward to it. :cool:

olebean said:

…No wig for me, just shinny bald patch. Talking of shinny I must get me bat polished. :mrgreen:

sneezycheese said:
…Hey not so much of the little, or I’ll bring my mother with me! …A little reminder (if you needed one):

…You’ve been warned. ;)

Point taken... I am suitably contrite!

sneezycheese said:
…Sounds good, looking forward to it. :cool:

Would appreciate your official confirmation to [email protected] sir!

Thanks
James Conaghan

Whois-Search said:
Well Texidriver won't even tell us his name or any domains he owns.

I have some 'no nails' that might come in handy .........

Hoey

That is so thoughtful shame I have to decline...

I just need somewhere for my peg leg now!

Whois-Search said:
LOL funny

I'm tempted to turn up without an invite just to see if they are all real :)

Hazel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom