Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers Markets.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I don't think this thread has been run very professionally. Laura hasn't even used the word auction and it's not even posted in the auction thread. She wanted to sell a domain and was giving enough time for offers until the end of the day. Therefore any strict time-limits based around 15s sniping should be irrelevant. It's not like I fell asleep during the auction, I bid 1 min after him.

Laura also gave me a BIN of £1500 yesterday during which she then ran this thread with a time of 10:00 without telling me, apologising then saying the whole thing should've been done through domainlore instead.

This thread ran during a day in which there were no new bidders, until the final 15s, and any other forum or auction like Sedo and Domainlore would add additional minutes to stop this from happening. It's up to Laura since she set all of this up but any professional should've added a 10 minute snipe rule, put this in the correct auction thread and started this again with clear auction parameters.

Laura is one of the most professional domain sellers in the business, to accuse her otherwise is outrageous. Stop sulking like a spoilt child because you missed the domain.

I understand, but look from my point of view.

I've been in contact with Laura all day yesterday, even after I was messed around with a retracted BIN without notification. I am then the highest bidder all day yesterday in a thread where it seemed she just wanted to leave it open for people to get a chance to post offers.

It's not been correctly posted in the auction thread, she wasn't online or in a position to add snipe rules since she obviously didn't foresee this happening.

And I don't see what's wrong with a technicality.

As you said, it's up to Laura to decide what she wants to do.

I think we already know what Laura has decided to do.

As you said, it's up to Laura to decide what she wants to do.

My sympathies over the handling but it's changed owner.

I've never understood the firesale mentally of recently caught domains.

Try putting this another way, if there were 10 bidders in this thread in the last 10 minutes and the seller was offline, and someone was adding a new bid every 10s do you not think it should be extended.

Laura is one of the most professional domain sellers in the business, to accuse her otherwise is outrageous. Stop sulking like a spoilt child because you missed the domain.

She said herself she made a mistake and apologised in a PM. Her words not mine mate.

Try putting this another way, if there were 10 bidders in this thread in the last 10 minutes and the seller was offline, and someone was adding a new bid every 10s do you not think it should be extended.

No. 10:00 is 10:00. It's not an auction.

Think of it a bit like a "guess the number of marbles in this jamjar" contest - except it's "get as close to 10:00 but still be in time based on the forum clock"

I apologise @domainseller200 I'm not aiming you out or saying you're apart of it.

I do see it happening on here a lot though.

I still believe 22.00.44 is a good bid, on the time units laura originaly quoted, 22.00 (not 22.00.00)

Last edited:

Does eBay do that ?

I think you are missing the professionalism also - if Laura was anything other than that, she would take the higher offer regardless of the damage to her impeccable reputation.

Does eBay do that ?

I think you are missing the professionalism also - if Laura was anything other than that, she would take the higher offer regardless of the damage to her impeccable reputation.

I see this domain has changed hands.

I'm not taking this any further since it's pointless. I apologise for offending or pissing off anyone.

I'm just surprised people don't think snipe rules should be implemented when you have someone who is the highest bidder all day then gets ousted with 15s remaining.

The worst thing is that I'd been in contact with Laura all day yesterday, she wished me well and apologised after retracting her BIN, she even noted that she had my email and would keep me updated which I gave to her, and yet the snipe was still able to happen.

Last edited:
whos the clever mod that just removed my last post??

there was an apology in it to @domainseller200

i'll send you a PM.

unbelievable some people

I'm just surprised people don't think snipe rules should be implemented when you have someone who is the highest bidder all day then gets ousted with 15s remaining.

TBH I agree with this.

Although Laura is very professional I don't think this was the best thought out sale.

There wasn't really anything you could do to get the domain and it's not like you were just hanging around waiting to snipe if you were the highest bidder all day.

TBH I agree with this.

Although Laura is very professional I don't think this was the best thought out sale.

There wasn't really anything you could do to get the domain and it's not like you were just hanging around waiting to snipe if you were the highest bidder all day.

Thank you.

I havn't even received an apology from Laura after she's already transferred the domain away. She already apologised to me twice yesterday for her handing of the situation, she had my email and hoped that I'd get the domain. The way this turned out was just sour.

addz123 - You were given the chance to buy at £1500 via PM. In your reply you did not commit to buy it. I then informed all members that had shown interest that the domain would be sold to the highest offer on the thread by 22:00.

In hindsight I should have put the domain name on DL Auction.

Last edited:
addz123 - You were given the chance to buy at £1500 via PM. In your reply you did not commit to buy it. I then informed all members that had shown interest that the domain would be sold to the highest offer on the thread by 22:00.

I counter-offered. You then posted your thread with a cut-off time of 22:00 without telling me.

You should have said "The BIN is a one-time opportunity before it goes to an auction".

FROM PM -

Hi,

If no one offers more than £750 by 22:00 this evening the domain name is yours.

Thanks

Regards,

Laura

I counter-offered. You then posted your thread with a cut-off time of 22:00 without telling me.

You should have said "The BIN is a one-time opportunity before it goes to an auction".

Originally Posted by laura
Hi,

Thanks for the offer, this is the highest private offer. I do have a couple of people both at £600 so will updated the post with that figure now. My buy it now price is £1500.

Thanks again

Regards,

Laura

Me

If I offer £1k now then can we close a quick deal?

Laura:

Hi,

I would have willing accepted £1k for the domain but I have committed on the forum to live it open till 22:00 this evening. If I remove before 22:00 a few members will complain, as I have seen this happen before. You may get it for the £750, if someone tries to snatch the domain for say £760 in the last few minutes a £1k offer should see them off.

Sorry I do hope you get the domain!

Regards

Laura

Me:

I understand but you already told me your BIN was £1,500 anyway so I don't understand why you're now leaving it open to 22:00. Either way you have contradicted yourself.

Laura:

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I only disclosed the bin price to you via PM, no other member who had shown interest. I waited till you had replied and then posted on the "public" sales thread - No bin price cut off at 22:00 as another member asked on the thread.

In hindsight I should have sent the domain name to DL auction as taking offers via PM upsets quite a few members.

Regards,

Laura

In hindsight I should have put the domain name on DL Auction.

You didn't inform me. I presumed, as per your PM that it would end up going to DL so didn't think there was any urgency there. I live in Asia and was asleep when you posted about the 10pm GMT rule.

I really wanted the name to go with, what should be, my markets.uk but oh well - its changed hands now.

Hi Marcus,

Your PM was full yesterday so I emailed you via acorndomains email system - I am sure there is a copy on the acorndomains system that the domain was being sold via the acorndomains thread and finishing at 22:00

I sent the email via acorndomains twice. Did you not receive it?

All members that had made offers via PM were informed of the closing time.

Regards,

Laura

You didn't inform me. I presumed, as per your PM that it would end up going to DL so didn't think there was any urgency there. I live in Asia and was asleep when you posted about the 10pm GMT rule.

I really wanted the name to go with, what should be, my markets.uk but oh well - its changed hands now.

Nothing but I do get THAT much spam that it may have been overlooked.

I will say though, and I do appreciate that it was your domain so your rules go, but you could have given it a bit longer for people to bid. I've never seen a domain go from "offers invited" to 'auction ends in a few hours' like that before.... or maybe I'm biased as I really wanted the pair.

Hi Marcus,

Your PM was full yesterday so I emailed you via acorndomains email system - I am sure there is a copy on the acorndomains system that the domain was being sold via the acorndomains thread and finishing at 22:00

I sent the email via acorndomains twice. Did you not receive it?

All members that had made offers via PM were informed of the closing time.

Regards,

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom