Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers Markets.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's up the seller but considering there were no bids all day it seems she wasn't expecting this to happen and failed to mention anything in the thread nor was she even online at this point. The seller has basically made mistakes with this thread by not adding appropriate rules or putting it in the auction thread.

Live and learn I guess, if names hang around long enough I might even be wading in with bids :)

Some people need to relax a bit.

The irony :rolleyes:

It's up to Laura what she means "by 22:00" since that may include 22:00:45.

I think Laura and everyone else knows exactly what she meant apart from you because you lost out on the auction. You hadn't made a single bid in the thread even by 09:59:43 PM so it seems to me that you were hoping to snipe it at the end yourself - if not why leave it so late to make a bid ? you can't have it both ways when someone beat you at your own game.

As I said, you snooze you lose - I am guessing you have never used eBay ? :rolleyes:

Really don't understand why people think this is cut and clear.

No mention of an auction, it's not in the appropriate auction thread and it's been made unclear whether any snipe rules apply. As mentioned, it's up to the seller what she wants to do about it as this wasn't an auction set in stone, and she should clarrify whether highest offer by 10:00 also includes 10:00.

The irony :rolleyes:

I think Laura and everyone else knows exactly what she meant apart from you because you lost out on the auction. You hadn't made a single bid in the thread even by 09:59:43 PM so it seems to me that you were hoping to snipe it at the end yourself - if not why leave it so late to make a bid ? you can't have it both ways when someone beat you at your own game.

As I said, you snooze you lose - I am guessing you have never used eBay ? :rolleyes:

I had the highest bid of £750 all day....

I didn't say it was win win for the buyer.

And technically it was still 22.00.

Sorry for jumping in on the thread, but a few users think its their forum and take things way to seriously. Maybe admin should set up a new forum for 'the pros', invitation only and leave the rest of us to use this forum.

Its upto the seller anyway.

Read what I said again....and also read Laura's post again too...

Well first of all you were wrong in what you said since I was the highest bidder during the day and wasn't looking to snipe.

Secondly, Laura said "Highest offer by 22:00 this evening gets the domain.".

My bid was made at 22:00 so it's up to her whether that's included. If you want something complete by Friday that still includes Friday.

I didn't say it was win win for the buyer.

And technically it was still 22.00.

Sorry for jumping in on the thread, but a few users think its their forum and take things way to seriously. Maybe admin should set up a new forum for 'the pros', invitation only and leave the rest of us to use this forum.

Its upto the seller anyway.

I think you need to learn what win win means :rolleyes:

Nobody thinks it is their forum - they just like to help people see the obvious when they can't / choose not to see it for themselves (which coincidently happens when someone has lost out on something)

A BIN of £1,500 looks bloody amazing, I think you had the chance there.

I did but then she changed the rules without even notifying me which is another mistake she made that she later apologised for after saying she should have put this on DL.

I did but then she changed the rules without even notifying me which is another mistake she made that she later apologised for after saying she should have put this on DL.

If it ended up at auction (5 days) it would have got a lot higher, I would have been a bidder.

I havent lost out on anything. I just don't like when people form cliques and back each other no matter how wrong they are. Its the same people weighing in day after day, pointing irrelevant things, challenging people when they simply ask a question.

I also beleive I should be given benefit of the doubt since I was in contact with Laura (the seller) all day yesterday during which she hoped I get the domain as she had already messed me around with an un-notified retracted BIN.

It's still up to her what she wants to do as my bid at 10:00 was still within her "by 10:00" deadline and she failed to mention whether any snipe rules would be added in addition to failing to put this in appropriate auction thread.

Well first of all you were wrong in what you said since I was the highest bidder during the day and wasn't looking to snipe.

Secondly, Laura said "Highest offer by 22:00 this evening gets the domain.".

My bid was made at 22:00 so it's up to her whether that's included. If you want something complete by Friday that still includes Friday.

I am not wrong as it is my opinion as I do think you were trying to snipe it - If not, why leave it until so late to post your second offer in the thread, especially if you were watching it.

Bottom line is you lost it as it had gone past 22:00 when you made your bid. As you say it up to Laura if your bid was included or not but I don't think it should be - nothing personal, I just think Diablo won it fair and square and you are just trying to get out of it on a technicality.

The most ironic thing is you said "Bidding with 15s remaining is just immature on an auction like this" - but if you truly believe the auction finished at 22:00:59 then your own bid of £1020 at 22:00:44 is exactly the same with 15 seonds left - double standards ?

I am not wrong as it is my opinion as I do think you were trying to snipe it - If not, why leave it until so late to post your second offer in the thread, especially if you were watching it.

Why would I bid further if I'm the highest bidder?

And then I bid within 1 min of the last bidder.

I havent lost out on anything. I just don't like when people form cliques and back each other no matter how wrong they are. Its the same people weighing in day after day, pointing irrelevant things, challenging people when they simply ask a question.

If you are referring to me then you are wrong as 1. I am not in any clique, I just know common sense when I see it and 2. I haven't posted on here in months apart from on one post yesterday.

Bottom line is you lost it as it had gone past 22:00 when you made your bid. As you say it up to Laura if your bid was included or not but I don't think it should be - nothing personal, I just think Diablo won it fair and square and you are just trying to get out of it on a technicality.

I understand, but look from my point of view.

I've been in contact with Laura all day yesterday, even after I was messed around with a retracted BIN without notification. I am then the highest bidder all day yesterday in a thread where it seemed she just wanted to leave it open for people to get a chance to post offers.

It's not been correctly posted in the auction thread, she wasn't online or in a position to add snipe rules since she obviously didn't foresee this happening.

And I don't see what's wrong with a technicality. It had not gone past 10:00 when I made my bid since it was still 10:00 when I made it.

As you said, it's up to Laura to decide what she wants to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom