Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

HostMaria domain business livestreams - tonight 9PM

No, although i did overspend, feel like Jack now on way back to tell everyone about the magic beans I've swapped for next year's food bill, while looking across the garden with it looking like a family of moles have moved in but really just past magic bean purchases o_O

loI. I know that feeling. I got the beans TLD

And there's the catch. You either go full throttle to make an early return or you sit it out. Spread it around and every other fork will just copy what your doing or have done and your doomed I tell ya doomed.

I'd like to think it's an educated gamble but that sounds very ambitious.

One thing I did notice through, as soon as I paid for the tlds and before I could work out how to kick off the minting tbingymagigy someone, and it must be their systems registered a domain on them. Just seemed odd and left a sour taste.

Did that happen to anyone else?

Nope, but only have two TLd's . I didnt think you can register domain without it being minted ? WHo did you mint with ?

EDIT...was just looking at site again and bought another... Chinese 1 Character.

Last edited:
That's what I thought but defo showed up, was like a complementary domain "Ilovethename." But just confused me.

Minted on the same as yours. Basically copied you haha

Don't know the timescales for minting, day, week or longer who knows. Looking to learn more so feel free to post as much as possible.

Gonna bottle the oil in the meantime waiting for a big run :cool:

Weird... ive had 'ilovedomain' registed on one of mine today aswell. But no royalty, so must be some part of freename. Minting is usually pretty quick. Was minutes last time.

If you're making tld available, you can adjust prices on a sliding scale from half to double on various criterea also.

Is there a list of all the different places like freenames that offer the web3 stuff?

Unstoppable show up in most search engines and decentraweb etc but they just seem to want to sell you domains and not create a tld. tia
In terms of being able to buy TLD's, Freename is the only one ive heard of. All the others sell subdomains.

Sorry late to the party whats the benefits of gettinf your own tld? And where is the best/cheapest plave to get one if peeps reccomend them.

Its a bit of a punt in terms of being an early adopter, and a lot of the TLDs seem pretty expensive, but if it takes off and gets adopted, then could potentially be a winner. As with all this stuff theres a risk. They'll need to make it a seamless integration with web 2 in my opinion.

Advantages are that if you get a TLD , then you get a cut of any domain registered ( if you make it public and pay the 50 extra bucks to collect royalties) So lets say you own TLD .acorn and someone buys a premium like oak.acorn, you get half essentially.

Do freename have the absolute right to sell any TLD of their choosing? And if not, what exactly are you buying?

Do freename have the absolute right to sell any TLD of their choosing? And if not, what exactly are you buying?

I guess they do in terms of it being governed by them. I know they are pretty on it with copyright stuff, so Louis Vuitton for example would be a no go.

I would suspect anyone can start this up and mirror what they are doing i guess, but they seem to way ahead of the game and getting integrated with browsers etc (think Brave already works ?)

I will say also their support is pretty good and helpful. They've always been very quick with answers to questions

Good morning,

Next stream is tonight, 8PM UK time >> a friendly live stream with Ish Milly (USA).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

YouTube url:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0KJB5gwJHs

Feel welcome to ask Ish your questions during the stream.

See you tonight! Helmuts

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom