Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Offers e-commerce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top offer received by PM at 11:59.

Just confirming with buyer whether he wants bid ammount to be made public.

Thanks to all bidders.

Mark.

Shi*. Anyway, I knew it would make its money and that's why my early bid was at £4,000 without hesitation. I had a client for it, as I did with ecommerce.co.uk Oh well, can't win them all. Congrats Barry.

Barry may not have gotten it as he posted on the thread and the winner is a PM :)

Shi*. Anyway, I knew it would make its money and that's why my early bid was at £4,000 without hesitation. I had a client for it, as I did with ecommerce.co.uk Oh well, can't win them all. Congrats Barry.

Hmmm, PM's, you gotta love those PM's - What a great way to safe guard a domain....

Barry

Last edited:
I wish I could sell the space on my post that I left a cheeky note to rob :p that would have been the winner as it was 11:59:55 according to the program I have minitoring acorn time :p

3 potential buyers as it would be the winnind bid :p

I think he means the PM bid could have been £300 higher than the last forum bid, meaning you got 2 sniper hits to win.

Was I right about him double/tripling the current increments ? So the forum was doing £100 a pop, did he go a multiple of that like £300-400, I do that on ebay :)

(I assume you can only answer this if he's ok with the final sum)

Was I right about him double/tripling the current increments ? So the forum was doing £100 a pop, did he go a multiple of that like £300-400, I do that on ebay :)

(I assume you can only answer this if he's ok with the final sum)

To be fair it could be 1p over or £10k over :) final sales price would be interesting though !

Nah, I learned on ebay that people (like barry did here) have multiple windows open, with bids ready to rock and in the last 10 seconds they hit one after the other to secure the win. To counter this I double the expected interval upto my extra which makes snipers in effective, never thought I'd apply ebay logic to a forum tho :p

No one wants to pay much more than next man so I think its something like that, but I agree the sum will be interesting :)

Up to Nismo if he wants to disclose winning offer.

I'd been contacted by a couple of potential buyers who didn't want their offers made public, the only realistic way of doing this is by accepting offers both in thread and by PM.

Clearly those making in thread offers are disadvantaged by not knowing the highest offer by PM, and those making offers by PM have the potential of paying more than the next incremental bid ammount would have been.

Thanks to Nismo for the sale and to those who made offers especially Dale for making such a bold bid increment.

Mark.

e-commerce.co.uk

Personally i think you cant run an auction to the highest bidder to then announce the winner via PM, it makes a mockery of buying and selling names on AD - If it was a " blind auction " then fair enough, but it wasnt! You dont even see Sedo pulling these kind of stunts...

Fingers burnt, never again, expected more professionalism when dealing with a domain of this nature.

It honestly Couldnt have gone to a nicer guy - Congrats to Richard, well done buddy.

BG

Personally i think you cant run an auction to the highest bidder to then announce the winner via PM, it makes a mockery of buying and selling names on AD - If it was a " blind auction " then fair enough, but it wasnt! You dont even see Sedo pulling these kind of stunts...

Thread did state in thread or PM's by timestamp, the latter was something I missed out when trying to clear the way for a run at bidding in thread ;)

Fingers burnt, never again, expected more professionalism when dealing with a domain of this nature.

Karma-red.jpg

On a more serious note it does mean no more BG based action in LLL threads ;)

How do forum readers rate this domain name against the unhyphenated variant which dropped the other week? My thoughts on both are whilst "e-commerce/ecommerce" are used in b2b environments, and I'd imagine a good percentage of the general public know what the term means, I'd have trouble applying it to anything other than perhaps a company that provides e-commerce/ecommerce solutions in the b2b marketplace. Has the term been surpassed in mainstream usage by others such as "internet shopping" or "online shopping"?

I cannot be sure whether I'd want the pair together or which one I'd prefer above the other as I've seen both instances used interchangeably. :)

It is a nice name that looks nicer than it is, for the record my part interest was due to a client lined up for it.

Shopping.co.uk / OnlineShopping.co.uk etc are miles better IMHO due to wider market and mass appeal. Not to diss Rich's purchase that is, excellent name at a (I assume) good price! :)

It honestly Couldnt have gone to a nicer guy - Congrats to Richard, well done buddy.

BG

Thanks Barry,

Just to stop people guessing, I didnt see Barry's bid before i sent mine via PM.

My bid was £4771.99 (wierd bid I know) and time stamp of PM was 23.59

Cheers

Rich

Mark,

Did you get my email ok which i sent at 11:59.38 with my offer of £ 5150.00, just thought Id check incase you didnt open it yet :)

BG

BG

Barry I did make clear from the offset that I would be accepting offers by both in thread and by PM.

On previous occasions I have said in thread only offers, the main reason I included PM's this time was that you had PM'd me earlier in the day saying you were interested but didn't want other people knowing your offer. I did PM you back stating I would accept offers by PM.

I can't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom