Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal Thoughts on geo domain/site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

I have ChichesterHarbour .co. uk and com, plus also hyphenated versions.

This place is a very popular place for all sorts of outdoors enthusiasts with over 14,000 boats being used in the harbour each year, many miles of beautiful countryside and coastal walks. The area is also very popular with weekends or DFT's (Down from town) as we call them.

There are several populated areas surrounding the harbour including Chichester city, Havant and numerous villages and towns.

I have recently started developing a website on the domain but have yet to market it in anyway.

I would be interested to hear what other people think about the site/domain/concept as well as any ideas. I know there are a few glitches on the site but I am gradually ironing these out.

Thanks

Stephen

Nobody has any thoughts? :(

Hello Stephen

Its this a custom template or one of the shelve.

Overall I like it, especially as you are combing a forum, directory, news, movies etc..

Are you getting many visitors yet?

Mally

Hello Stephen

Its this a custom template or one of the shelve.

Overall I like it, especially as you are combing a forum, directory, news, movies etc..

Are you getting many visitors yet?

Mally

Hi Mally,

Thanks for your quick response, it is appreciated.

The template is a YouJoomla template that has been hacked about a bit.

I intend to add a few extra features such as a events listings section and possibly local jobs.

The reason I like it is that it has a focal point of the harbour which in one way or another most people living by it have a connection. I reckon there must be a good 200,000 people living in the area with many more weekenders so I think it has potential. It is going to be how it is marketed I guess.

Not many visitors yet as I am not doing any marketing, but the organic traffic is rising at 35% per month at the moment. I am planning on getting 10,000 leaflets printed off and getting them out there, also hoping to partner up at some local events.

Possibly looking for someone to invest but have not given that much thought thus far.

Last edited:
It's a good idea...

I get javascript errors on load and there is no header at all - just a huge white space?

Rich :cool:

It's a good idea...

I get javascript errors on load and there is no header at all - just a huge white space?

Rich :cool:

I need to get that looked at, I noticed the header does not work on some browsers. There are a few other niggles.

I like it as well, so many local sites are specific to tourists.

My only tuppence is consider removing google ads (would be interested to know what others think)

I think it can make the site look cheap and not ideal if you will be looking to selling adverts to local businesses or directory listings.

cheers
Robert

I like it as well, so many local sites are specific to tourists.

My only tuppence is consider removing google ads (would be interested to know what others think)

I think it can make the site look cheap and not ideal if you will be looking to selling adverts to local businesses or directory listings.

cheers
Robert

Thanks Robert,

I think you are right about the google ads, I am hoping to attract some local advertisers to the site soon and so I should be able to replace the goog adverts.

Not saying it's great but check out ThisIsWhitby co uk it was a html template I converted to a wordpress theme.

I do need to get back on with it on a regular basis but just thought it might give you a few ideas.
;)

Also I have only just added the Adsense Ads and haven't had much response and think it worked, looked and felt better with out Ad's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom