Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Best forum software?

I have two operational Vbulletins 6.0.5s for pure power and just installed the latest Xenforo.

I would liken the Vbulletin to the Ford Mustang (Muscle) & Xenforo to Ferrari (Style & Aesthetics).

Xenforo back-end is more user-friendly whereas VBulletin requires a higher level of technical ability.

Wouldn't bother with anything else.

;)

XenForo because they are good and UK founded.

Interesting.. didn't know this. :) Feeling even better now :)

---

As for the light and free forums that work like a charm on shared hosting: SimpleMachinesForum is a decent pretender + easy to be updated (not all are). bitcointalk.org runs on SMF.. I also have couple small SMF forums, where our maria.zone is on our (20i) shared Cloud (you can check how elements load).

Though, I would considered SMF only if there is "0" budget.

Xenforo without question, built by the original vbulletin dev's when vbulletin actually had some direction ( Pre vbulletin 4 ). Built Xenforo the way vbulletin should have evolved.

Between the two, Xenforo. I was leading a migration of a big gambling forum from old vBulletin 3.8 to Xenforo last year. We tried to migrate to Invision first, but failed for various reasons. Xenforo was the winner eventually.

Asking for a friend. Xenforo or vbulletin?
Between the two, Xenforo. I was leading a migration of a big gambling forum from old vBulletin 3.8 to Xenforo last year. We tried to migrate to Invision first, but failed for various reasons. Xenforo was the winner eventually.

The best forum software depends on your needs, but Discourse stands out for its modern interface and robust features, including real-time notifications and mobile responsiveness. phpBB and vBulletin are also popular for their extensive customization options and established user communities.

I've been with Invision for, but I can't remember how many years I've been 12+. It's robust and has different apps besides the forums for pages, image galleries, and commerce that all work together nicely.
Xenforo is a solid competitor, and it seems people like it because it looks nice out of the box and is easy to use.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom