Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal sweetbox.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say you asked a high price, what was that price ?

I was asking £800, the reply i got was rude and when i ask how much they were willing to pay they said £20!!

As to the suggested strategy of asking a high price and negotiating down, i do remember watching a video by someone who reported to be one of the top domain brokers and he advocated such a strategy.

One of the key points he made that if someone was really serious about a domain purchase they would counter with an offer, if they did not then they were never going to want to pay a reasonable amount anyway.

Have to say that in my experience most enquiries are from someone with an idea, but no real funding to follow it through or if they have funding no understanding of the value of a good domain.

Serious buyers will always come back with a figure they are will to pay, sometimes it more than you would have happily sold it for.

So anyone want to buy my domain for £1.2k :)

I was asking £800, the reply i got was rude and when i ask how much they were willing to pay they said £20!!

As to the suggested strategy of asking a high price and negotiating down, i do remember watching a video by someone who reported to be one of the top domain brokers and he advocated such a strategy.

One of the key points he made that if someone was really serious about a domain purchase they would counter with an offer, if they did not then they were never going to want to pay a reasonable amount anyway.

Have to say that in my experience most enquiries are from someone with an idea, but no real funding to follow it through or if they have funding no understanding of the value of a good domain.

If I was you I would read a few books on the "psychology of selling"
Your issue is not about valuing domains, it's about valuing what you do, and evaluating what others do.

Serious buyers will always come back with a figure they are will to pay, sometimes it more than you would have happily sold it for.

If I was you I would read a few books on the "psychology of selling"
Your issue is not about valuing domains, it's about valuing what you do, and evaluating what others do.

I see at the moment you have an Amazon Store on the domain, have you considered developing the domain into a business, you could get a bookers account, list the products from bookers, and then fetch, pack, post on a per order basis?

For example, I get Relentless from bookers, for only £8.30, I sell these to my mates at work for £10 per case

To the right buyer it's easily worth that so my advice is don't sell it for anything less.

A well marketed sweet box site could be a fantastic online business. Now I think about it, old fashioned sweets have been very "in", so starting a sweet box business (a bit like graze, but this time with relatively unhealthy sweets!!!) could be a fantastic business. Good profit margins.

FYI I'm friends with the guy who runs choclatiers.co.uk on Facebook. He's built a good site and I'm sure he does well.

When selling domains it's so important to remain optimistic. Now I think about it, sweetbox.co.uk is actually is actually a cracking domain. £1.2k would be giving it away. The problem is, a serious buyer takes time to surface (if at all) but just keep the faith.

If you really want to do a domain only sale then start marketing the domain on entrepreneur type forums, send off letters etc etc and explain to people how good the domain really is.

Rgds

Also, you need to be on social media, i.e. defo Twitter and Instagram, Facebook won't hurt, if you are to start making sales from your site in its existing form.

Rgds

Now I think about it, old fashioned sweets have been very "in", so starting a sweet box business (a bit like graze, but this time with relatively unhealthy sweets!!!) could be a fantastic business.
I just ordered a load on Amazon the other day for a friend in the UK.

Thanks for replies.

I do think it is a good domain, and as said it just needs the right buyer.

As to developing it into a business, i just have so much going on at the moment time is at premium.

I am trying to get my photography business off the ground, am also working on getting a blog network site setup (carpblogs.com) . This along with getting my carpsearch.com website finished, and moving carptackle.com onto carpblogs.com where i will be using Prosociate for amazon shop.

If i can't find a buyer i may move sweetbox.co.uk on my wp-multisite and use Prosociate for amazon shop.

My Amazon order comprised:

Product Description
The best retro sweets around

You get (deep breath) everything that goes into our bestselling Retro Sweets Cube, so:

* 1 Sherbet Fountain
* 5 Black Jacks Chews
* 5 Fruit Salad Chews
* 2 Refreshers Chews
* 2 Mini Parma Violets tubes
* 2 Mini Love Hearts tubes
* 2 Fizzers tubes
* 2 Candy Whistles
* 4 Rainbow Dust straws
* 2 Drumstick Lollies
* 5 Foiled Chocolate Coins
* 1 Tongue Painter Lolly
* 2 Candy Lipsticks
* 1 pack Strawberry Chewits
* 2 Happy Tattoo Bubblegum
* 1 Swirly Lolly
* 1 Strawberry Space Dust (the 70s sensation that explodes on your tongue!)
* 2 Anglo Bubbly Bubblegums
* 1 bag of Rainbow Drops
* 1 Double Dip
* 1 pack of Candy Sticks (sweet cigarettes minus the red tip!)

Plus

* 1 Vimto Lolly
* 1 Marshmallow Cable
* 1 Giant Refresher Bar
* 1 Giant Strawberry Refresher Bar
* 1 Stinger Bar
* 1 Wham Bar
* 2 Fruity Lollies
* 2 Double Lollies
* 3 Traffic Light Lollies

Plus

250g of the best boiled sweets including, from our exclusive "Best You Have Ever Tasted" range:
* Rhubarb and Custard
* Strawberries & Cream
* Kola Kubes
* Pineapple Chunks
plus other classics eg Pear Drops, West Indian Limes etc

Plus

250g of classic sweetshop chews eg Rhubarb and Custard Chews
* Fizzy Cola Bottles
* Fizzy Blue Bottles
* Fizzy Cherry Cola Bottles
* Giant Strawberries
* Barratts Shrimps
* Fried Eggs
* Milk Bottles.

LOL.

Mmm, aZooZa, your making me hungry now :D

Product Description

You get (deep breath) everything that goes into our best selling Retro Sweets Cube, so:

* 1 Sherbet Fountain
* 5 Black Jacks Chews
* 5 Fruit Salad Chews
* 2 Refreshers Chews
* 2 Fizzers tubes
* 2 Candy Whistles
* 4 Rainbow Dust straws
* 2 Drumstick Lollies
* 1 Tongue Painter Lolly
* 2 Candy Lipsticks
* 1 Swirly Lolly
* 1 bag of Rainbow Drops
* 1 Double Dip

Plus

* 1 Vimto Lolly
* 1 Marshmallow Cable
* 1 Giant Refresher Bar
* 1 Stinger Bar
* 1 Wham Bar
* 2 Fruity Lollies
* 2 Double Lollies

Plus

250g of the best boiled sweets including, from our exclusive "Best You Have Ever Tasted" range:
* Rhubarb and Custard
* Strawberries & Cream
* Kola Kubes
* Pineapple Chunks

Plus

* Fizzy Cola Bottles
* Fizzy Blue Bottles
* Giant Strawberries
* Barratts Shrimps
* Fried Eggs
* Milk Bottles.

LOL.

Surely these aren't originals? Like Trebor http://www.trebor.co.uk/ surely don't make 'fruit salad' any more?

Trebor is owned by Modelez the brand formally know as Kraft, they acquired it when the did the hostile takeover of Cadbury Schweeps Trebor Basset, I think there made by Bassets, under the brand 'Candy Land' now

Product Description

You get (deep breath) everything that goes into our bestselling Retro Sweets Cube, so:

* 1 Sherbet Fountain
* 5 Black Jacks Chews
* 5 Fruit Salad Chews
* 2 Refreshers Chews
* 2 Fizzers tubes
* 2 Candy Whistles
* 4 Rainbow Dust straws
* 2 Drumstick Lollies
* 1 Tongue Painter Lolly
* 2 Candy Lipsticks
* 1 Swirly Lolly
* 1 bag of Rainbow Drops
* 1 Double Dip

Plus

* 1 Vimto Lolly
* 1 Marshmallow Cable
* 1 Giant Refresher Bar
* 1 Stinger Bar
* 1 Wham Bar
* 2 Fruity Lollies
* 2 Double Lollies

Plus

* Rhubarb and Custard
* Strawberries & Cream
* Kola Kubes
* Pineapple Chunks

Plus

* Fizzy Cola Bottles
* Fizzy Blue Bottles
* Giant Strawberries
* Barratts Shrimps
* Fried Eggs
* Milk Bottles.

LOL.
That's really good for your teeth... I must say I do miss the retro sweets

Sent from my Oneplus One

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom