Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Domain Appraisal sweetbox.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if you have a brandable like this, it's not worth selling them unless you ask a lot, to pay for the other brandables in your portfolio that won't sell (it's luck really if someone wants them).

So, I would ask for at least £1.2k.

Rgds

Yes, if you have a brandable like this, it's not worth selling them unless you ask a lot, to pay for the other brandables in your portfolio that won't sell (it's luck really if someone wants them).

So, I would ask for at least £1.2k.

Rgds

I'm curious at how you arrived at £1.2k?

With that theory, why don't they ask at least £5k? or £10k?

I'm curious at how you arrived at £1.2k?

With that theory, why don't they ask at least £5k? or £10k?

Hi

Note I did say "at least". I guess it's because I don't think it's that strong a domain commercially, but that's a minimum level that makes sense if you are going to attempt to sell this type of "brandable" domain, as the ones that you actually sell you have to sell high, to cover portfolio renewal costs.

If I owned this domain, and I got an enquiry e-mail, my initial price I would give as £10k, although I would word it carefully in a way to entice the enquirer to make a counter offer. Basically, I always go high with my initial price, because I am trying to gauge what this domain is really worth to the enquirer. At the end of the day, what it's worth to the enquirer is what the domain's actually worth, and you may not get another interested party for years. The trick is to word things nicely and politely so you don't just insult them, get their back up, and get no response. ALWAYS be polite, manners will help you make money with domains.

Rgds

Basically, I always go high with my initial price, because I am trying to gauge what this domain is really worth to the enquirer.

Oh yeah, I remember when someone posted a wanted ad for a 'car recovery' domain and you went and registered breakdowncoverpro.co.uk and offered it to them for a grand.

You certainly do go high.

Oh yeah, I remember when someone posted a wanted ad for a 'car recovery' domain and you went and registered breakdowncoverpro.co.uk and offered it to them for a grand.

You certainly do go high.

Good memory! I dropped this domain in the end, but it was still the right thing to do at the time.

Rgds

Nice domain, a solid useable name for a Sweet business. Interesting to here accelarator talk about pricing. Because yes if you are going to stock many domains like this you will need to consider you may only sell 2-5% of your portfolio per year, and that may mean £1500 for example in renewals. But when you're a newcomer it's nice to just get a few sales under your belt and start making a profit.

Nice domain, a solid useable name for a Sweet business. Interesting to here accelarator talk about pricing. Because yes if you are going to stock many domains like this you will need to consider you may only sell 2-5% of your portfolio per year, and that may mean £1500 for example in renewals. But when you're a newcomer it's nice to just get a few sales under your belt and start making a profit.

In a nutshell what I'm saying is when you get a highly motivated buyer, you must make sure you sell the domain for the highest amount they are prepared to pay. Otherwise, it's very unlikely these days you'll make any money from domaining at all.

Rgds

Interesting to hear @accelerator price estimation, though in this age of new domain extensions can .co.uk still command such high prices?

Had an enquiry a few months back and asked a high price, but buyer just said he could get one of the new domains extensions.

As you say a high price is required to cover costs of renewing existing portfolio, this cost is one of the reasons i offload my domains, that and trying to raise deposit for house.

Interesting to hear @accelerator price estimation, though in this age of new domain extensions can .co.uk still command such high prices?

Had an enquiry a few months back and asked a high price, but buyer just said he could get one of the new domains extensions.

As you say a high price is required to cover costs of renewing existing portfolio, this cost is one of the reasons i offload my domains, that and trying to raise deposit for house.

When you say you asked a high price, what was that price ?

Also, when you give your initial price, make sure you word it politely to invite a counter offer, e.g.

"I would sell you this domain for £10,000.00. I give you that figure because I feel it's ("brief justification"). However, I would welcome any counter-offer so please feel free to make one and I will give it my serious consideration".

I like to give a figure to start negotiations, but that figure must be high to prevent me underselling any of my domains.

Rgds

Also, when you give your initial price, make sure you word it politely to invite a counter offer, e.g.

"I would sell you this domain for £10,000.00. I give you that figure because I feel it's ("brief justification"). However, I would welcome any counter-offer so please feel free to make one and I will give it my serious consideration".

I like to give a figure to start negotiations, but that figure must be high to prevent me underselling any of my domains.

Rgds

To me, all that says is you don't even think its worth £10k yourself, and you're just wasting my time and yours there. I'd far rather you just told me how much you actually wanted, and stuck to it.

It's not a price estimation, it's a negotiating strategy. The real price is the maximum amount a given potential buyer is willing to pay for a domain.

Also, the buyer is right in that he could buy a new domain extension, and that does dilute the market, and that does decrease the value of domains. That is what has happened so be realistic.

When looking to acquire domains, always think quality. Be very fussy now as to what you register.

Rgds

Have you actually sold any domains for anywhere near £10k ever?

To me, all that says is you don't even think its worth £10k yourself, and you're just wasting my time and yours there. I'd far rather you just told me how much you actually wanted, and stuck to it.

That may actually be the case, but I've given a figure and opened the negotiation. If I've opened with £10k, I might think it might be worth say £3.5k.

Rgds

First let me ask whether you think I have?

Rgds

Looking through your list of domains on KeyphraseDomains and all the domains I have ever seen you post I would guess no, nowhere near.

But saying that, I see ASAP bought DiscountVouchers.tv from you, which although I don't think is worth anywhere near that, knowing who the buyer is has the best chance.

Happy to be proven wrong.

That may actually be the case, but I've given a figure and opened the negotiation. If I've opened with £10k, I might think it might be worth say £3.5k.

Rgds

Do you think asking someone for 3 times what you think something is worth is a helpful strategy long term, either personally or for the industry as a whole?

imo it makes you all look worse than 2nd hand car salesmen.

Fair enough there could be a bit of room for negotiation.... but 3x is a bit silly

Accelerator, your advice is some of the worst I have ever read! But good luck with your strategy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom