Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review Site prelaunch. Sneak preview. Need feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I use to have a coders networking site on programmers (dot) org (dot) uk. It was so heavily spammed by the “little blue pill sellers” that I gave up on cleaning.

I am now about to launch a completely new website, something similar to elance or rentacoder.

The sneak preview is available now. The site is very raw, not the final version as I have to modify parts of the code, graphics, etc.

But I am putting it up for a day or two to gather some opinions, then it would be closed again by a “coming soon” notice.

Your feedback is appreciated both on style and idea.

Nice idea to have something more UK centric, I find its not worth going to the usual elance and freelancers site due to the cheap indian back office workers. so something like this would be good & I would prob use it.
The logo is a bit furry round the edges and low res. could be better styled too.
the only thing is most of the corners are curved, which is nice - but the black bar at the top has sharp edged angle corners - which kinda makes it look odd - they should have the same radius curve too.
thanks

Thanks! I also thought that the UK based freelance site could be useful.

The look and feel: everything is still very raw. Logo is just a temporary photoshop text…

About the top bit – I’ll check if it sits in the css, or might edit the header altogether. I didn’t like it either.

It is not my script; coding site like this would take long time. Script itself is opensource but it is not documented at all. I was surprised that even the analytics account was hardcoded (!!!) into footer. I am planning to go through it (time permitting) and make some changes. Complete recoding is out of question but some superficial work is OK.

I like it and agree tha the logo is a bit fuzzy and maybe could be better.

My only advice would be to keep it nice and simple like it is now, will be interesting to see how a UK service fares with so much competition at low costs in Ukraine etc but best of luck and it fills a niche.

For that reason it may well lend itself to the mid/ higher budget companies who arent trying to get things on the cheap. Def advantages of dealing in the UK, one being that people can work with local companies and meet up which is good for bigger projects, so i may consider localising it a bit more.

Best of luck

I like it and agree tha the logo is a bit fuzzy and maybe could be better.

My only advice would be to keep it nice and simple like it is now, will be interesting to see how a UK service fares with so much competition at low costs in Ukraine etc but best of luck and it fills a niche.

For that reason it may well lend itself to the mid/ higher budget companies who arent trying to get things on the cheap. Def advantages of dealing in the UK, one being that people can work with local companies and meet up which is good for bigger projects, so i may consider localising it a bit more.

Best of luck

Thanks!

Being a coder myself (well, now mostly "former coder"), I am familiar with the niche. Let’s see how it goes… Unfortunately haven’t got much time for it :(, some other Projects for existing clients are eating-up most of the spare time (if any!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom