Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review motorhome site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
if you were looking to hire a motorhome, how do you find this site?
does it work ok for you?
any nice add ons that you know of that it could do with etc

Motorhomes For Hire

thanks for your time :)

Basic but does the trick and it looks clean, no silly backgrounds or dark ones which is good and the search facility is fast enough :)

Can't you get that search box to set to GBP as standard instead of AUS dollars ?

Got to say, I looked at your links which took me to your valeting site and then had a nosey at the links page :lol: it's full of mad random sites ( all yours I assume )

BTW, £1000 for 1 weeks hire of a motorhome, bl**dy hell I could buy a decent caravan.

i will try and get the GBP sorted, im the only affiliate running that tool at the moment, "im their guinea pig" so we are still smoothing it out.

you know i totally forgot about that links page on my site, i will have to look at that because im sure iv sold a few names that are still on it :rolleyes:

£1000 is a bargain, go treat yourself :D

cheers doodle ;)

Hey Wayne,

Nice site, you have obviously spent a lot of time hand building that. As DB says, it does the job!

A few things that I would look at if it was my site:

- Get a picture of a campervan on the homepage. Preferably in the header, otherwise at the top of the left hand column.

- I would put this sentence in bold - "Please use our new search and book motorhomes for hire tool below." I would perhaps reword it as well as it doesn't read easily, maybe - "Search Motorhomes For Hire throughout the UK".

- Remove this sentence - "The easiest way to find the right motorhome for you" and the hand so you can move the search box "above the fold". If you want to keep these two bits then maybe move them below the search box.

- Put a space, or two, between the locations rather than "/". Or even better have England, Wales and Scotland as columns.

- As you are testing the search box, ask them to split the locations into England, Wales, Scotland as you have done.

- Remove "/.org.uk/.eu/.com" from your copyright notice. It's great you own the other domains but just having "Copyright 2010 MotorhomesForHire.co.uk" will be enough.

thanks ben for that info. will get on to it asap ;)

(i cant for the life of me find a good free pic of a motorhome/campervan to use)

Last edited:
thanks ben for that info. will get on to it asap ;)

(i cant for the life of me find a good free pic of a motorhome/campervan to use)
No problem ;)

Have you tried istock or similar? Might only cost you a quid or two.

changes made and now a pic of a motorhome, nice and brighter now.
is that better?

somthing i have thought about doing, off to dorset soon so may just do that :D

its getting there, makes money almost every day from adsense so it must be doing somthing right

updated it again :confused:

yer cheers for that, im working on it slowly

should i put the booking tool on each county page as well as the motorhome hire companies?

Some quick points from me, for what they're worth!

- You could do with improving your design skills somehow. This is pot calling the kettle black, as I don't do much high design at the moment, but the "feel" of the site is not good enough yet. Header design not good enough yet, colour scheme is a bit dodgy, really don't like the gradient backgrounds. I'm sorry if this is harsh, but design really counts. Maybe hire a good designer if you're serious.

- Need to work on conversion optimisation. Positioning of search box, put it in centre of page, then use marketing text to lead people into it. Look into conversion rate optimisation / landing page optimisation to get some ideas.

- The actual search box produces some really nice results, you just need to get people to use it.

- Publicity and marketing. If you really want to start making sales, you need to work out how to get PR. I need to do this too, which is why I keep telling people. I am going to start soon. You need to market articles to top PR sites and then you'll get links from major sites. Try and think of novel article ideas, e.g. The most luxurious motorhomes money can buy or perhaps "stars and their motorhomes", article about celebrities and their use of motorhomes when on set. Once the links come, you get the SERPs, then you make the sales.

- Trust and Confidence. I only use sites that I trust. If you want people to trust you, you have to tell them who you are. That normally means introducing yourself or at least the company, and having a phone number and address. This aspect is pretty important in helping to get people to use the site. Again, this is something I don't like doing, but I'm thinking of changing to improve sales.

- Last thing, a good publicity photo, e.g. really nice picture of motorhome somewhere, with your branding on the side, will work wonders and help with press releases.

Hope that helps.

Rgds

interesting read accelerator many thanks for that.
a lot of things to do, its just finding the time and skills as i am by no means a developer.
will get there over time i guess ,if i dont sell :rolleyes:

To me the site looks too American, what I mean is the campervan does not look in my eyes as a one you would see on the roads of the UK.

To me the site looks too American, what I mean is the campervan does not look in my eyes as a one you would see on the roads of the UK.

There is a distinction between a campervan and a motorhome. If you say campervan then think of the classic VW, say motorhome then think of winnebago type vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom