Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review motorhome site

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the homepage I'd make the england and scotland text bold and fitted into the box correctly as it does with wales.
Could even try a different colored box maybe a darker blue with light text something like your navigation tabs

If you are actually running a business behind the site, rather than just sending clicks out via an affiliate link (not sure which at first glance) then I would:-

A) Hire a professional designer. Try somewhere like 99Designs.com or oDesk.com and you should be able to get a polished, custom layout for the equivalent of a few hundred pounds. That kind of outlay won't even buy you the front door off of a motorhome!

B) Lose the Adsense. Again, if you're actually in business, it demonstrated a ridiculous lack of confidence in your own product. Basically the Adsense shouts "What we sell is so commercially unsound that we are desperate for you to click so that we can earn a few pennies".

If it's just an affiliate site, then skip B) but still think about A).

Hi Boxer Dog

I'm no expert but I think the site could do with a little 'polish' - I know when you're trying to get affiliate clicks you don't want the site to be sticky, but you could refresh the site just so the 'Search Box' stands out more. I would lose the light blue graded border and go with a simple border. I would also test the 'Search' button as I know when I looked into split/testing before, orange consistently came up as one of the best buttons for CTR.

There's a few theories why orange is the best colour, but I think it's less used than others so stands out to web users more.

Rik

cheers accelerator.
iv put an ebay rss on it now to display auto updated info.

Just to say that on my laptop positioning of the search box is not ideal. As you have a tall header image, then the search button is not visible unless I scroll, that's not ideal. Regarding conversion, here's some food for thought on landing pages:

http://www.alexdesigns.com/

Rgds

thanks, will take a look.
i need a break from it for a bit first, it turns my brain to mush :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom