Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is it...

Good morning all,

Acorn Domains remains committed to providing a welcoming and professional environment for all our members who respect this.

Most of us value open discussions and diverse viewpoints, but we also have a zero-tolerance policy for personal attacks and toxic behavior.

This ensures every polite member would feel comfortable participating in discussions, sharing their knowledge and buying and selling domain names here at Acorn.

We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining this positive and productive community. If you ever encounter any behavior that violates our guidelines, please don't hesitate to report it to the moderation team.

This is the main Law here at Acorn. Thank you.

Acorn Domains provides free business platform for all individual users and businesses who respect this.

Have a great and positive Monday!
Helmuts

Helmuts - you're making it incredibly difficult for Acorn to be a positive and productive community.

Your moderation is heavy handed and damaging.

Positive doesn't always need to be pink and fluffy. Positive is about professionalism, and handling difficult situations effectively - not deleting them.

Take a look at the last 3+ months of posts, and balance the plethora of sales posts and feeds VS genuine valuable user generated content. If you can't see an issue here, this forum is lost.

Good morning Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your frustration. Maintaining a positive environment can be challenging, but it's important to us.

We try to find a balance between free discussion and ensuring everyone feels comfortable participating.

Nobody should feel attacked when visiting Acorn Domains. Nobody. Simple like this.

Moderation can sometimes appear strict, but our goal is to prevent situations that could discourage valuable members who respect our simple code of conduct. It's similar to law enforcement – while some may find them inconvenient, their role is to protect everyone.

We believe these rules (be polite, professional, and avoid insults) are essential for a healthy forum. They're not difficult to follow, and they benefit everyone.

Have a great day. I mean it.

Bets wishes, Helmuts

My phone: 07494142055

@seemly, are these rules really that difficult to accept? >> Be polite, professional, don't insult others.

Best wishes,
Helmuts

Good morning Chris,

Huhh.. sadly this convesation is going the wrong direction. I really don't wish this to cause negativity.

By "valuable members," I mean anyone who contributes positively to the forum and doesn't insult other members or industry businesses. This includes sharing knowledge, participating in discussions, and following the community guidelines.

We do our best to maintain a healthy forum environment for everyone.

Have a great day! Helmuts

Does 'sharing knowledge' also include telling people about data breaches in any part of the domain industry? A yes or no would suffice Helmuts to this simple question. I would think such things are important. Also it seems you agree as you went to great lengths to explain to everyone about your perceived 'data breach' which really wasn't a big issue. You wouldn't ignore bigger issues of the same subject would you? You see the problem here? The grown up, sensible, and *professional* thing to do is to discuss it, explain what measures have been taken, and reassure people that it is sorted. The *unprofessional* thing is to ignore them. The childish, and I would think bordering-on-criminal, way would be to ignore it, try to hide it, and to impose sanctions on anyone who tried to make people aware.

Last edited:
So, are we allowed to share knowledge of a data breach on a system being advertised on Acorn?

Hi

Key point for IT pros: Responsible reporting! Report to platforms first, authorities if needed. Let's focus on our forum guidelines.

Acorn isn't really the 1st place to report occasional technical/security issues of other platforms :)

Best! Helmuts

Hi

Key point for IT pros: Responsible reporting! Report to platforms first, authorities if needed. Let's focus on our forum guidelines.

Acorn isn't really the 1st place to report occasional technical/security issues of other platforms :)

Best! Helmuts
1) It wasn't.

2) It has (I believe) been sorted

3) Why can't it now be discussed? Data breaches get discussed on the news & tech websites etc all the time. It doesn't make it unprofessional or against the guidelines you have stated.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom