Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Is it...

So are you saying that people can't discuss it in the discussion forum specifically for discussions about the UK domain industry? Just to be clear to your members. People expect a post about what happened and how it was fixed. As we would with ANY company who has undergone a data breach of personal details and banking information. I would think that's a lot simpler than trying to ban everyone, delete every thread, and pretend nothing happened.

1) It wasn't.

2) It has (I believe) been sorted

3) Why can't it now be discussed? Data breaches get discussed on the news & tech websites etc all the time. It doesn't make it unprofessional or against the guidelines you have stated.

Fred, You're right, data breaches are widely discussed in news and tech circles. However, our forum guidelines also focus on maintaining a safe space for Acorn Domains users. Discussing external breaches can lead to speculation and unverified information, which could be harmful. Thank you.

Fred, You're right, data breaches are widely discussed in news and tech circles. However, our forum guidelines also focus on maintaining a safe space for Acorn Domains users. Discussing external breaches can lead to speculation and unverified information, which could be harmful. Thank you.

If you want to make Acorn a safe space for me, I would want to know about a data breach on, and more importantly, how it was dealt with by, one of your major sponsors.

Discussing external breaches can lead to speculation and unverified information, which could be harmful. Thank you.

We agree. That is why it should be explained direct from the horse's mouth. Then nobody would need to speculate.

A "safe space" We'll all have to dye our hair purple next and wear dungarees

Is there anything else?

Well if we can't get information directly maybe theregister or dnjournal will have more information. But to answer your question Helmuts, no there is nothing else. Really nothing else.

Well if we can't get information directly maybe theregister or dnjournal will have more information. But to answer your question Helmuts, no there is nothing else. Really nothing else.

dnjournal covers different messages, haven't read TheRegistrer for a while.. If you are looking for investigative journalist > you almost can't go better than Kevin (@KevDI) who runs Domain Incite.

Acorn had a many year issue of Full Names being visible. It was addressed immediatelly and publicly disclosed: https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/thre...ata-security-incident-user-full-names.181536/

I understand some members might be looking for information on other platforms. I can't comment on those here (haven't got a clue what is going on there), we encourage respectful discussions about the domain industry in general.

Yes, attacking others doesn't help, so let's focus on keeping things positive and informative. We'll do our best to maintain that environment.

Back to work? :)

Oh Helmuts my good fellow, what are you doing?

Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate your interest in the forum's direction.

Acorn Domains is a platform for domain name and business discussions, polite conversations and industry learning.

We simply discourage negativity that targets individuals or brands, and in very rare cases remove comments intended to cause distress or negativity.

Is this really so bad? Enforcing a "zero-tolerance policy for personal attacks and toxic behavior" unfortunately means I may occasionally be subjected to online attacks, racist comments, and even occasional attempts to damage the reputation to the Domain Summit which damages the opportunities UK domain name industry can gain from it.

Despite these challenges, I will try my best to maintain a positive forum. Is there anything specific you'd like to see more of on the forum? We're always looking for ways to improve.

.. I'm not thought police :) All we are asking: be polite, don't insult others and do business.

.. and the worst thing.. I have lost a very good friend here :/ .. without a clue what caused it.

Have a great day!

The problem is your idea of personal attacks and toxic behavior are not the same as other people's. This may just be down to the language barrier. It is not a problem I can see ever being resolved. I would suggest though that maybe you don't get involved in posts if, as you often tell us yourself, you don't understand what's going on. People should not be banned, or have posts deleted, or lose forum priveleges, for mentioning that there was a data breach at brandable and wanting to talk about it. If you perceive that as either a personal attack or toxic behavior then it is clear you don't really understand what they are. Again this is not a personal attack - just pointing out something you may not properly realise.

I'm calling bullshit on this.

Absolute crap.

So much for keeping things friendly and professional. The owner of this forum outright lies.

Ok Chris, we might disagree here. No problem. All the best! Helmuts

However, it soon turned into a swamp of trash, racism, and a platform for bashing other businesses and people. Who killed it? The users who couldn't stay professional spreading content like that. + with Nominets logos attached to many of these posts. We can thank them for that. In the end, Acorn was the only one who gained.

Just... wow :eek:
I think it really might be time for a change ....co.uk

Absolute nonsense. And hardly professional from you, Helmuts.
yes, this wasn't professional from my side :/ .. agree

Yes, I do agree! And we are trying to do our best to keep a positive and professional forum experience for everyone.

Yes, the beginning of that little thing was brilliant! I admired how it started and loved seeing how active it was + it brough up a great competitive spirit and all industry gained (Live Feeds are one of them).

However, it soon turned into a swamp of trash, racism, and a platform for bashing other businesses and people. Who killed it? The users who couldn't stay professional spreading content like that. + with Nominets logos attached to many of these posts. We can thank them for that. In the end, Acorn was the only one who gained.

About Aaron - I have only the best wishes to him. He had something amazing! .. sadly, it went sideways.

Thank you for your good intents. Ben, if I do something wrong here > please let me know in provate. I would really appreciate it.

Yes, you could be correct here. .. need to hire couple moderators :) Best!!

--

Helmuts
proud Acorn

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 7

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

☆ Premium Listings

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom