Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Wanted: Website Review Icecreammaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't like iframes either, just thought it would be a quick fix for someone who isn't tech savvy, better to have something than nothing, that's why I use it on my camper van domain, it's simply on there to give it some sort of content and to get it in Google until such a time as I can find something to do with it, whenever that will be.

It's a good domain that mate, would be nice to see it in full use one day :)

Same as it would be nice to see mine in full use :rolleyes:

doodlebug -- stick at it, while its on your mind.. otherwise, you will move on and it will be forgotten about.. we've all done it sooooo many times.

its a good domain and it deserves a site, honestly its not hard to build a half decent site / page

if i didnt have so many to do for myself i would do you one.

doodlebug -- stick at it, while its on your mind.. otherwise, you will move on and it will be forgotten about.. we've all done it sooooo many times.

its a good domain and it deserves a site, honestly its not hard to build a half decent site / page

if i didnt have so many to do for myself i would do you one.

Cheers mate and at 2k I won't be forgetting about it ;)

@ Doodlebug, thanks for the heads up on the privacy policy page, forgot that, now added one :)

I know it isn't upto Toms standards ;) but I think you will agree that it's starting to look better icecreammaker.co.uk

Think I made a mistake though, my site was getting submitted to G every time I made a change so think G seen that as spammy, I have disappeared from G all together :(

My new home page content should help and I am waiting for G to find it by itself.

Last edited:
The site looks much better than your initial effort. I would still consider creating your own table of ice cream makers or use a content unit from EasyContentUnits (try the free version first) so as to blend in to your site better.

The text immediately below the Amazon unit looks untidy and does not read correctly. Also, I am not sure about the terminology that you have used throughout the text on the homepage, in particular stating that you actually stock the ice cream makers.

Much better than before though!

Last edited:
Hi, yes maybe I should change it to say our merchants stock them, I paid for the content but I'm buggered if I could come up with 500 words :?

My future plan is to actually stock them myself, I would love that and so would Google ( no aff feeds )

It doesn't read right ? I'll take another look when I get home later.

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
Quote: "I changed them page file names and redone my internal links" - are you bristolian doodlebug?

HTML / CSS is a piece of piss mate. I did a 1 day course on xhtml and another on css and finished both courses by lunchtime, having never done any coding or web design previous... my downfall is I'm not overly arty or design minded. However plenty of trial and error and perseverance and it will fall into place. Just surf the web and really study other sites.

It might seem anal but sketching a site out before you get started makes things alot easier, and lets you change things arround without having to alter loads of code.

Time to take a few more days off tinternet and read some books, I prefer reading books to reading tinternet pages.

I am getting some better knowledge, can't wait till I start my web design course, I am also considering a course in image/video editting or similar, it's driving me mad getting photos and vids off old phones all into one place, 1 phone I have doesn't have Blutooth, infrared or a data cable connection, only a slot for a duo stick, going to have to find one of them.

I am a self taught person but it's time for reality check this year, I am trying to do things I can't do so time to do some courses.

I left school with no GCSEs so not doing to bad for someone with no school education, I think my spelling is good given I didn't do English at school.

Anyway I seem to be getting off track here but in all I need to learn so I can make nice sites, to me this is my best one yet and if trained web developers are saying its poo then I need to progress.

It's nice to read something written in the way that I say it in my head (I got a heavy bristolian accent)

The structure of courses is good, it makes sure you know the basics before advancing, and they also tend to fully explain the principles behind everything which is something that usually lacks on internet tutorials. Just make sure you book up to a reputable course.

GCSE's don't mean FA mate, I haven't got an english GCSE and I think my english is alright, as is yours. My mate didn't even take SATS and he runs a successful business.

Being a Bristolian you will know this place, I am doing the course at Ashton college, it's only 2 hours once a week but will help :)

ps, so do you sound like a farmer ? :lol:

site looks a lot better now doodle keep it up ;)
me and my daughter just made one FreeGirlGames "she gets the adsense for pocket money"

I don't actually lol, where is it? I know Ashley Down (I'm doing a HNC there)? 2 hours once a week is perfect, enough to keep you occupied without over doing it.

No I don't sound like a farmer I'm Bristolian not Somersetian lol. But I've been told that I do sound like a farmer by several non-Bristolians so maybe!

That game site didn't take long boxer, what did you make it in? I've got as far as a homepage for mine, just need to finish the links and navigation, and put each game on its own page.

i made it with webplus from scratch, still need to add more games and bits to it but im in no rush now

site looks a lot better now doodle keep it up ;)
me and my daughter just made one FreeGirlGames "she gets the adsense for pocket money"

Thanks mate, we're both getting better ;)

Shouldn't you aim your ads just at kids instead of adults ie, insurance ad or as G not kicked in proper yet ?

Do you know if I could embed that Ice cream game into my site ?

ps. you know that Natelie Portman dressing game, can you undress her :lol:

I don't actually lol, where is it? I know Ashley Down (I'm doing a HNC there)? 2 hours once a week is perfect, enough to keep you occupied without over doing it.

That's the one mate :D

See you soon then maybe ?

yer i dunno why that add comes up like that :confused:
you should be able to put that game on your site i will pm you

It's a good start boxer, engaging enough to keep your traffic there for a while

I think I'm going in on Thursdays this year so yer might see you there dude.. I didn't even know they did things like web design at Ashley Down.. how much is it costing if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom